Saturday, June 10, 2023

46 years ago - hot wedding day for my best friend in Marshall... the rest was our history. The prayer of Angels - +JMJ+

 

Barbara Luke taken a week before I came to Marshall for the wedding of my best college friend in Marshall at Holy Redeemer Church.  City girl came on the bus through lots of farm land. It was hot and the corn was head high already in a "Perfect growing season."  

Thanks to Pat's sister, Mary, who was snapping pictures that night... here is Pat the moment I really "saw" him for the first time!  

I found the wedding party at a local supper club - the Chalet!  Marge sent her brother, Don, to come and pick me up and bring me to the party.  I had been to visit the farm 6 years before while we were friends... meeting at the U of M during welcome week!   I was 3 years older than Pat so I really didn't notice him at 16 when I was 19.  But 6 years later - I noticed and he never had a problem with my age, so I quickly got over it, too! 

Corn tasseled by the 4th of July!  Pat says that it was quite the year for a bumper crop!  It was 90+ degrees on Marge's  wedding, so the heat was there.  

Pat knew of my conversion to the Catholic Church with my entire family of 13!  He had told his sisters that he would only marry a Catholic years before, and after 45 years of marriage to know what a determined person he is - I am giving him possible credit for our conversion when so many were leaving the Catholic Church after Vatican 2! 

I was so bold to stay on the farm for the wedding!  I went out to pray the rosary and sunbath in my 2 piece swim suit, and I guess the combination was a pretty positive one on Pat when he saw me as he was coming into the house from doing chores.  His mom saw the rosary by my bed and also said that I was the kind of girl he should be looking for... thanks mom Verly!  

Life-changing moment for me - Marge and I hitch-hiking out West the summer of 1971!  Our journey ended in Boulder, CO at a Christian Commune.  It led me to consider religious life and entering the Catholic Church with my family.  It led Marge to New Age.  How I pray for her all these 53 years!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic! 

My Most Cherished Cross - he just called me to ask if he can bring over Ruth's 2 youngest for lunch.  "Never a dull moment." Describes my LIFE with Patrick Gerard Joseph Verly for these last 45 years.

How I marveled at the reading from Tobit today and the insight we get of heaven and the angels as Raphael not only teaches Tobit how to pray, but also shares a view of his sharing in the Glory of God!

Raphael called the two men aside privately and said to them:
"Thank God! Give him the praise and the glory.
Before all the living,
acknowledge the many good things he has done for you,
by blessing and extolling his name in song..."  Tobit 12

Pat on this day 46 years ago at Marge's reception at Camden Park in the campground on the hill across the bridge - a hot day!  
I had to thank Marge/Ratera "for my life."  Her friendship led to my marriage to her brother the year after her wedding.  Our wedding picture on the wall in the center of my "family wall."  We now number 34 with 13 losses keeping our eyes on heaven - 7 children and 6 grandchildren!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 

Fr Denny said Mass yesterday morning, and lots of prayers!  Pat has always shared his faith with his family with great JOY!  I truly think that is very powerful in the fact that we our entire family share our Catholic Faith with no reservations - ALL of what The Church teaches and gives to us each new day!  

LOVE this Truth so much!  Our domestic Church/family is where our Faith starts and is nurtured!  

A great picture I came across from the County Fair - 4H and the Fair has been our entire summer for our family and now our farm family!  Pat and John are both on the Fair board!  
3 years ago Romeo and Evangeline 
9 years ago - Gus and Berna soon to be big brother and sister, to Dominic.
Baby Luke 9 years ago by my silo.
Mowing yesterday by my 100+ year old Cottonwood tree.  Such a beautiful reminder of the wonder of Creation.  
The shade is a gift on a hot humid day.  My mower was being repaired for a couple weeks so the grass was thick and long.
A work of art 
You could almost bale it.  We are into baling time of year and all the rest of the summer. 
More mowing pictures...

I just have to include the entire words of the Healing Angel sent from God - Raphael!  It is obvious that Tobit did as was ordered of him to write it all down!

Raphael called the two men aside privately and said to them:
"Thank God! Give him the praise and the glory.
Before all the living,
acknowledge the many good things he has done for you,
by blessing and extolling his name in song.
Honor and proclaim God's deeds,
and do not be slack in praising him.
A king's secret it is prudent to keep,
but the works of God are to be declared and made known.
Praise them with due honor.
Do good, and evil will not find its way to you.
Prayer and fasting are good,
but better than either is almsgiving accompanied by righteousness.
A little with righteousness is better than abundance with wickedness.
It is better to give alms than to store up gold;
for almsgiving saves one from death and expiates every sin.
Those who regularly give alms shall enjoy a full life;
but those habitually guilty of sin are their own worst enemies.

"I will now tell you the whole truth;
I will conceal nothing at all from you.
I have already said to you,
'A king's secret it is prudent to keep,
but the works of God are to be made known with due honor.'
I can now tell you that when you, Tobit, and Sarah prayed,
it was I who presented and read the record of your prayer
before the Glory of the Lord;
and I did the same thing when you used to bury the dead.
When you did not hesitate to get up
and leave your dinner in order to go and bury the dead,
I was sent to put you to the test.
At the same time, however,
God commissioned me to heal you and your daughter-in-law Sarah.
I am Raphael, one of the seven angels
who enter and serve before the Glory of the Lord."

"So now get up from the ground and praise God.
Behold, I am about to ascend to him who sent me;
write down all these things that have happened to you." Tobit 12

Such wonderful insight into Heaven - "before the Glory of the Lord."  

Mowing by Our Lady with the flowers from the cemetery for Memorial Day - my 7 losses including 2 still born 20 weeks boys - William and Robert.  

Jesus and Mary, My Lord and Lady, how I love you with my all.  May I die to self so that your Holy Spirit may dwell in me - that I may be your hands and feet and voice of Truth.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 plus many Little Sisters and Little Brothers












 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment