Lucy is such a sweet and happy blue eyed girl! 11 year old Rose Again and 6 year old Evangeline Mary are 2 of the granddaughters that have the dark hair and brown eyes that all 4 of my girls had - their mother's Ruth and Maria!
They got the pink memmo!
Farmer hubby, Patrick, just in from baling with his birthday buddy, Romeo Joseph. Pat will be 69 on Sept 15, and Romeo will be 9.
Now the 2 redheads - 8 year old Romeo and 6 year old Joy. Joy has a red haired grandpa and aunt and uncle. Romeo is a kind of surprise, although there is some red on Pat's side.
The night all the parents had a game night over at John and Bobbi's house... the 3 littles out on the porch with grandma and grandpa on a perfect night on Ruth's porch on the farm. Grandma had the 20 grandkids and we had a movie night - the littles were not that interested and chased each other around the table eventually all in diapers. I discovered that it is hard to get them together for a picture, so I did what I could...
As I was pondering our week of huge family - 14 sleeping at my home and 12 at Ruth's and meals for 25 dinner and supper. The song of Small Things with Great love by Danielle Rose just came to my mind... "One drop in the ocean, one petal in the garden, one hidden sacrifice, one to give a life..." My head is spinning and my heart is full.
Danielle Rose - Small Things with great love. George and Hector are both 4 and only 3 weeks apart! I didn't manage to get the 3 boys together, so I have a goal in 2 weeks when Maria returns before they officially move to Leavenworth, KS!The did clink their cups, but grandma wasn't fast enough. It is still cute and shows how they got to be good buddies and played well together. How grandma loves to have them get to be cousin friends! Each day breakfast was at my home for the 14, and then they would gather at the farm for time in the pool, playing in their fort in the grove, games and just hanging out together. Screens were not hardly used, except when grandma had the whole tribe on game night.
No, this is not in December when we gathered for Christmas Camp - these 3 had on their shirts in June and grandma had to get a picture....Nancy with her youngest, 1 1/2 year old Regina, and Maria.
I am moved deeply by the words in Small Things in Great LOVE by Danielle Rose - "A child to give a home." This speaks of the motto our family has lived by since Pat and my family with our 5 here and 7 in heaven, and now our girls and John - Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS! It certainly speaks of embracing Small Things/baby humans with great love." Yes, it is a sacrifice on our parts to say "yes" to children and then to do all that it takes to raise them in The Faith. That is our JOY! Sharing our Faith as a Family add to that our Farm heritage! Faith/Family/Farm!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
Pretty 2 year old Magdalene with beach towel and flowers on Ruth's porch.
Tom and Maggie are 6 months apart...
Just as Maria drove away to pick up their oldest at a week of Teen Schoenstatt Camp. They will spend 2 weeks in Sarona, WI at Joseph's parents' house, and then they will be here for some days before their big move on base at Fort Leavenworth, KS. So many fake plans to go down there often as they will be half an hour from our nun, Little Sister Hallel, and her Community of the Lamb in the heart of the poor in downtown Kansas City, Kansas! Maria's 3 girls in skirts she made for them out of a huge skirt she found at thrift store! We missed 15 year old Therese this week, but she will be back for some itme at the farm in a couple weeks.
Therese by the shrine in Sleep Eye at Schoenstatt. No doubt they spent many hours here praying the rosary with Our Lord and Lady. Schoenstatt was huge for my girls and now granddaughters - Rose and Berna and now Therese!
First day of Summer in Manistique, MI where we would have family time over many years. Now we gather on the farm, and Ruth and Paul host - thank you!
George, Gina and Maggie with my dad's lift chair in out bedroom which we allowed my dad to live in for the 6 months he lived with me here in our "farm monastery" for the last 6 months of his life. He was a Deacon in The Catholic Church for 44 years and I was blessed to share his religious life with him with Morning and Evening prayer of The Church , and chaplet and rosary on my porch each day at 3p for an entire growing season on the farm. April 16- October 23, 2020!
The only picture I caught of the 3 all looking at me and none of them were fussing! A precious gift to me. There were many times I was too busy or in the pool or staying at my place with a sleeping baby or two, and missed many photo ops. I think most know what a sacrifice that is for me. I still have fake plans to get a family picture all with white t-shirts. Get my three 4 year old boys together, and on and on!
We managed to go to John's play... we had to take along the littles, and Maria and Nancy spent a lot of time outside with their two. Tom made it for the whole play! I had to leave and pick up men when the hay got tough about 20 miles away, and missed John's solo. I am taking 11 year old Rose today at 2p! Major Joseph said that John was the best of the actors and sang the best and that he liked the play! Thanks! The play? Tuck Everlasting!
The child grew and became strong in spirit,
and he was in the desert until the day
of his manifestation to Israel. Luke 1
Our final meal had to have ice cream cones for dessert! That is a family tradition that started on our family weeks in Michigan! LOVE!
Ruth's beautiful porch full with ice cream cones and happy faces. I had just had a swim with Tom, Birdie and Jude on a hot sticky day. Now sticky with dripping ice cream to top it off!
LOVE our ice cream tradition for one and all!
Lucy with her first cone. She only got a few sips of ice cream, but she loved it!
Our centerpiece is the newest baby!
Our final meal was a hit! WE love our family and will very willingly do small and big things with love!
Maggie and Hector enjoying their cones on Ruth's porch with the amazing view of pastures and fields on our farm in Marshall, MN!
The 3 in less than a year at Camden - Eve and Joy are 6 and Josephine is 7Two cousin friends at Eve was leaving to spend time at our other grandparent's home in Wisconsin.
5 years ago in Kansas City shortly after John and Bobbi's wedding. A month later 24 of us including 3 in the womb all flew to Saint Pierre, France for Hallel's final vows! We have doubled our number of grandchildren since than, and as the Psalm was 139 today in Mass - each one is wonderfully made! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 plus many Little Brothers and Little Sisters!
Responsorial Psalm
R. (14) I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.
O LORD, you have probed me, you know me:
you know when I sit and when I stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
My journeys and my rest you scrutinize,
with all my ways you are familiar.
R. I praise you for I am wonderfully made.
Truly you have formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother’s womb.
I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made;
wonderful are your works.
R. I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.
My soul also you knew full well;
nor was my frame unknown to you
When I was made in secret,
when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth.
R. I praise you, for I am wonderfully made. Psalm 139
Danielle Rose - Wonderfully made
More Danielle Rose - she is amazing! He understands...
Small thing done with love...
nancy's Cross Stitch saints!
Sharing our Faith in our Domestic Church/family is so important!
8 years ago when Ruth's porch was here on my porch! We traded places about 7 years ago.
My champion of LIFE and marriage and family. A lot of the reason our son is John!
Every mass we say these words of St John the Baptist when the Body and Blood is lifted up!
Dad's man, Brother Victor today!
A man was sent from God, whose name was John. He came
to testify to the light, to prepare a people fit for the Lord.
Fortunate is he who deserved to possess divine benefits before
he got human goods. Fortunate is he who deserved acquaintance
with heaven sooner than with earth. Fortunate is he who deserved
to announce future events before he saw any present ones. Fortunate is
who could receive God before he was received into his own body,
Fortunate, yes, outstandingly fortunate, is he who acquired merit before
he knew how to seek it. Fortunate is he who did not come to grace
through toil but was enabled by grace and then proceeded to his labors."
St Peter Chrysologus
Hat tip : Magnificat, Vol 20, N0. 4/June 2018
Magnificat Home
________________________________________
Today's Gospel Acclamation
______________________________
Hence John would later say, “The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must increase; I must decrease. (Jn 3:29-30). Today John the Baptist is born who will usher in the new by answering the most significant question ever posed: "But where is the Lamb?'"
Click here: Solemnity of the Birth of St. John the Baptist - Catholic Culture
the He may increase and
we may decrease.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment