Thursday, June 8, 2023

The reading from our wedding - Tobit 8 -"... allow us to live together to a happy old age." +JMJ+

Grandma picked out some clothes and a huge white bow out of the drawer with all the odds and ends of kids clothes that I collect over the 18 years of our 23 grandkids.  Birdie came home from swimming lessons and grandma brushed her hair and put the bow in.  She liked it and posed with her baby sister!  
Grandma took way too many pictures - so much fun!  
Shirley Temple?  No, Maria sent these from Charlottesville of the youngest, 2 year old Maggie!  All the curls like her mom before her.  
How we love our curls!  
Oh, Magdalene Rose!  
Too many pictures - never!  

I was very touched this morning at mass to hear again the reading we used for our wedding - Tobit 8 where the couple pray by their wedding bed such a beautiful prayer of HOPE and LOVE!  The back story is that a demon had caused the death of 7 husbands to Sarah.  But the Angel Raphael there to assist them in healing and deliverance from the Lord!  

"My love, get up.
Let us pray and beg our Lord to have mercy on us
and to grant us deliverance."
She got up, and they started to pray
and beg that deliverance might be theirs.
And they began to say:

"Blessed are you, O God of our fathers,
praised be your name forever and ever.
Let the heavens and all your creation
praise you forever.
You made Adam and you gave him his wife Eve
to be his help and support;
and from these two the human race descended.
You said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone;
let us make him a partner like himself.'
Now, Lord, you know that I take this wife of mine
not because of lust,
but for a noble purpose.
Call down your mercy on me and on her,
and allow us to live together to a happy old age."

They said together, "Amen, amen," and went to bed for the night.  Tobit 8

3 year old Birdie Barbara - my namesake and so much like our girls with her dark hair and eyes!  

The prayer of Tobiah and Sarah was a wonderful gift from The Word of God for our wedding.  The Gospel was The Wedding at Cana - "there was a wedding at Cana and Jesus was there."  John 2:1-12   I love all the wine that Jesus made!  I love my wine a lot!  

But mostly I love to have the 3 of us in our Sacrament of Matrimony - Pat, I and Jesus!  There was a wedding at The Basilica of St Mary in Minneapolis on August 3, 1978 and Jesus was there!  Going on 45 years and there are some fake plans to possible gather in KCK for the big day this summer.  We love our fake plans!  

Joy was so excited to show me that they have 5 new baby kittens- 2 gray and 3 black.  
Tom is pretty excited - "kitty" is one of his few words along with a sweet soft sound of love.  Yes, he is eating a chocolate doughnut from the day old rack at Walmart.

A wonderful powerful glorious sharing today in the Magnificat by Rhonda Chervin a convert from Judaism - she gets it!  - "In loving another, he finds his own self beautiful..."
Jesus and Our Lady in our glorious Church this morning - God is LOVE!  
Yes, I found this in my drawer of this and that - kind of funny!

Talk about being on the same wavelength.  6 years ago the same clothes on Joy Jean!  She is 5 weeks here..

Lucy will be 5 months on Sunday!  
A little bib jumper too...
Love the way she holds onto my hand... "Her holds my hand like she likes me a lot."  My younger sister Marty 70 years ago.
Smiles from both - LOVE! 
Yes, many...
Dad today in Morning prayer - Psalm 57  The Psalm prayer he memorized and we prayed each evening at the end of sharing Evening Prayer together after supper.  I was so blessed to have my dad live with me the last 6 months of his life!  He was on the same hospice I had worked for for 15 years.  Dad was a Permanent Deacon in the Catholic Church for 44 years, and we shared his religious life by doing Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer of The Church together, along with the Rosary and Chaplet on my porch at 3p every afternoon.  My home became a "Farm Monastery."  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic! 

A powerful wonderful glorious sharing by Pope Benedict XVI today on The Body and Blood and Our Relationship with Jesus as a result.  My mother read this 10 years over and over, and left it behind for me and I am on my second year! So blessed by both my parents!  
Now dad's man Brother Victor, speaking about how their life of prayer as monks require Silence and solitude.  I feel in many ways that I am a monk at heart as I find distractions make it hard for me to pray with all the many special ways that I have to pray each day.  Yet, my brother reminded me... "There are a few things I can think of that a monk must do without..."  I have to agree that I have the best of both worlds thanks to Brother Victor and a wonderful loving husband that regularly gives me the joy of the marital embrace!  I can have my cake and eat it too!
The ending of Brother Victor's sharing today - worth the read!  

I told my mom today with me in spirit - "I love the two white chairs that I have from you mom.  All the times we would sit together in them in your home and we would share so much about our shared love for The Church and our huge family!  Now I have the joy of spending time here with the books of prayer that you and dad have left for me each day.  It is such a True sharing with both you and dad - bringing me closer to Our Lord and Lady!"  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 plus many Little Sisters and Little Brothers.

All you have made will praise you, O LORD... Psalm 145:10a

"With what humility
should we assist at Mass, if
we realized that our guardian angel
was kneeling beside us, prostrate
before the majesty of God!"
 
St John Mary Vianney
 
 
__________________

 




Zach Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment