Friday, March 8, 2024

Hector is 5 today!/Wonderful Women in my world/We love God utmost, and so we LOVE what God loves - our neighbor! - +JMJ+

Hector is 5 today!  He is the second little boy of our 3 grandsons in 6 weeks to turn 5!  Three weeks ago Nancy's George was 5, and in 3 weeks John's Jude will be 5!  Such a special group of cousin/friends to grow up together.  They were all in France in 2018 for Hallel's final vows in the wombs of their mothers along with the 21 of us - the Mountain that moved to France!  
Big sister, Therese will be 16 in 10 days and bakes with great JOY for her family of 9.  These are chocolate cupcakes for this special occasion today.  The Feast of John of the Cross, too!  
We were just in Kansas on base with them on Monday through Wednesday when we left before homeschool started first thing in the morning.  
Bumpa's big hands holding his Maggie - how they love each other.  We are forever grateful for our young farm family on the farm!  Simon home on Spring Break and helping on the farm so old grandpa could leave in the midst of calving and visit out military family and our Community of the Lamb in KCK.  
Bumpa with 7 year old Evie and 2 1/2 year old Maggie Rose - his happy place!  

Two daughters and their families and 7 grandkids is a big draw for us to make our quick trip to Kansas.
Hector and Maggie with Bumpa.
We started the day on Tuesday with a family rosary - the Sorrowful Mysteries led by one of the kids.  Hector with his special rosary given to him by a priest that they know on base.  
We spent some time water color painting together.  

A lilac branch from Hallel just about ready to bloom with lilacs!  I always bring in a branch about Palm Sunday and have leaves on my Easter Tree in time for Easter, but KCK is way ahead of us here.  
Hubby with his sweet Magdalene painting together!  I never thought that I would see the day that Pat would paint, but with his special girl anything is possible!  
Therese with her amazing water color flowers she is learning on line to paint them.  
Wow!  Stunning water color roses!  She will be 16 in 10 days and I am pondering the wonderful women that I have in my life as it is Women's Month.  This girl here and growing up into a very special deep and holy women with  so many gifts and talents!  She is definitely one of those women in my life and world!

Here is her latest Newsletter - Letters from a Young Catholic along with other friends!
LettersFromAYoungCatholic_FEB_MAR_2024.pdf  I will share her Editorial here, but encourage you to take the time to read the other special articles.

Letter From the Editor 
Seeing Obstacles As Opportunities 

All of us have obstacles in our lives and often, at least for me, we only see them as walls that keep us from doing what we want. I am really good at finding obstacles and, a few days ago, I was stressed about doing my marathon training run by myself. I was freaking out and that stress was spreading into how I acted. My dad, seeing this, gave me some advice that at first I ignored, but I eventually found to be life-altering. The advice he gave me was, “Start seeing the obstacles in your life (in this case, my run) as opportunities to learn and grow”. The next day, I decided that instead of complaining to myself on my run I was going to try to appreciate the weather and scenery, at least. What I didn’t know then was that this run was going to help me find an analogy for the path towards sanctity and give me a chance to pray. The path that I ran on was around the nearby airfield located next to the Missouri River. In the wide open field, the wind was insanely strong. Towards the beginning of the loop there was a strip of path that seemed to keep going and going, never seeming to grow closer. As I was running toward that end, it seemed to be taking forever to make any progress and to me, at that moment, it seemed to be an analogy for the path to sainthood. It is long, the end is in sight, but often it feels as if you aren’t making any progress. The truth is that we are making progress and that we can reach that end (I mean I did reach the end of that strip!). The wind was blowing in my face, and it almost seemed as if it was trying to hold me back. I started trying to pray, “Jesus I love you,” and I began to feel like the wind was his love rushing toward me as I ran further and further into it. We all have obstacles. Stop trying to overcome them and start to see that maybe Christ put them in your life for a reason. Maybe they are an opportunity to engage in self-denial, prayer, and love. This is not something easy to do, but it is possible with Jesus’s help! 
Christus Regnat, Thérèse Librande 9

Thérèse is a sophomore in high school who is often found babysitting, water coloring, or working on her many projects, one of which is this newsletter. She is the eldest of seven energetic siblings and a military kid who has lived in over ten states. She currently resides in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Until next time - Bumpa saying goodbye to his Maggie.

Amazing bright and beautiful flowers blooming in Fort Leavenworth, KS on base.  We might not return to this home as they will be moving in May to Fort Riley, KS 2 hours away.  The life of a military family...
On Tuesday we went to mass twice - once with Maria and the kids at noon on base.  
Faith and Family is most important to us as Jesus reminds us in the Gospel today - Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one; 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' 31The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." 32And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that he is one, and there is no other but he; 33and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God.  Mark 12

That evening we went to Mass with our nun and her Community of the Lamb in KCK.  Evangeline came along with us.  

At mass this morning Father Denny shared a beautiful Truth in his homily that really struck me.  "We love our God most of all, and when we love God we love what he loves - All our neighbors! All of the world with none left out of that love!

Lifting up their hearts to the Lord to begin mass - the songs of Angels!  
Time with Jesus in Adoration. "Jesus, I adore you!" 
Evie warms up in Hallel's wool cape they wear during the winter months.
Hubby is here and I need to leave with him and go to town.  So I will end this for now adding that this is another of the women in my life that I am led deeper in my Faith!  My nun!  So for another day!  I will dig deeper into those women that are wonderful in my world - starting with Our Spiritual Mother of God!  
It was my dad's 99th birthday in heaven on the 6th!  Happy Heavenly birthday dad!  
Farm family 10 years ago - they have added Joy and Tom and are so important to us on the farm!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many little sisters and Little brothers!  Safe travels to France for all!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment