Friday, March 1, 2024

Leap Year Birthday/He Leadeth Me - Fr Ciszek/The First Sorrowful Mystery - Agony in the Garden - total Surrender to God - +JMJ+

Pat's sister getting a ride on her mom's walker pushed by Ruth's 2 older sons.  Mom was on hospice at the time and RaTerra was her care giver.

9 years ago celebrating Pat's sister's birthday on Feb 28, but it truly is on Leap Year.  It happened this year and I reached out to my very dear and special friend.
She had just turned 63 and yesterday she was 72, but 18 in actual birthdays.  There is a very special place in my heart for this sister of Pat's.  As she was totally instrumental in my finding my life on the farm with my hubby, Farmer Patrick.  

John got pretty emotional yesterday and sent me this text...

Realizing how important February 29 is. Without RaTerra there is no Pat and Barb. No girls and boy and boys and a girl in heaven. 3 son-in-laws 1 daughter- in-law. Hundreds of little brothers and sisters. 23 grandchildren.

I had

A picture she sent me from Starbucks yesterday.  Yes, it is colder than Minnesota there.  40 degrees and rainy while we had reached 60 degrees!  
8 years ago when she was Sweet 16!  She is actually 7 months older than I am and we met during Welcome Week at the U of M.  We never had a class together, but our friendship lasted up to her wedding on June 10, 1977 where I met her younger brother, Pat Verly.  We dated long distance and were married on August 3, 1978.  It will be 46 years this summer!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"

Summer 1971

Hitchhiking out West - we got as far as a Christian Commune in Bolder, CO.  I went to the Catholic Church and Marge went to New Age.  Yet, we are still friends and I pray for her mightily!  
Granddaughter Mary goofing off at the Cattleman's Annual Meeting where she was awarded a scholarship towards her Ag Education at the U of M in Ag Communications.  She witnessed an amazing presentation by Kelly Schmidt from the Minnesota Beef Council.  

About Us (mnbeef.org)  Kelly is the executive head of the Beef Council - Grandpa Pat pointed out that this would be just the kind of job Mary would like in the future.  

A few years ago of Mary and Simon leading the singing at mass together.  LOVE!
Up early to pray for Fr Denny with 7 Sisters while Pat attended That Man is You in the church basement.  It was special to than have Fr Denny say mass this morning, and after reading 33 days to Consecration to the Eucharist this past month - It as powerful to record when Fr presents to us the Body and Blood of Jesus!  
"Take this, all of you, and eat of it, for this is my Body which will be given up for you."
"Take this, all of you, and for this is the chalice of my Blood, the Blood of the New and Eternal Covenant, which will be poured out for you and for many for the forgiveness of sins.  Do this in memory of me."  

"Through Him, with him, and in him,  O God, Almighty Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.'  "Amen."

The final station has been added to the park on Hwy 19 of the Sorrowful Mysteries of The Rosary.  The Agony in the Garden. 

 In listening to Hallow - #1 App for Christian & Catholic Prayer, Meditation, Bible + Sleep  - we are following He Leadeth me by Fr Walter Ciszek through his suffering at the hands of the Russians, who call him a spy.  Fr is brutally interrogated, and finds the strength he needs when he realizes that his total surrender to God is all he can do!  He sees this lived out by Christ in the Agony in the Garden and it becomes his most powerful place to find solace.  It has opened my eyes to how we can do nothing without our Lord and like him we must surrender totally - "Thy will be done not mine."  

Little Rose Again pondering the Lenten landscape on the altar 9 years ago.  The desert where we are needing our Lord and Savior to assist us to leave our sins behind and be washed clean.
My hero , Archbishop Joseph Naumann, who brought our daughter's Community of the Lamb to KCK!  He is also the head of LIFE for the country and he is so right!  How can these people call themselves Catholics and take the innocent life of those in the womb?!?  I don't understand for the life of me!  

With our Lady of Guadalupe in February of 2018.  6 years ago now.  
I came across John and Bobbi's engagement pictures taken in our church, Holy Redeemer on a very sunny day, and her parish, St Eloi in Ghent -both so beautiful!
Mary at the foot of the Cross!  
The tabernacle where the Creator of the Universe awaits us, and the Cross which we are called to take up and follow Jesus.
Aglow in the light filled beautiful church which lifts our souls and spirits to HIM!  
Too cute!  
With Goddaughter, Joy Jean, who was close to one, and now will be 7 on March 31st!  So happy and filled with the LIGHT of our Lord and Lady!  
Aglow!  
Sr Mary Bernice of the Missionaries of Charity - St Mother Teresa's order.  I am looking forward to listening to her sharing tomorrow on Hallow.   
How we pray for our children and grandchildren that they may hold close to the True Church, Jesus and Mary!  Now my children are taking me deeper in my faith!  There is nothing better!  

How I hope and pray that more will give their babies LIFE!  There are so many that long to have a baby that are unable.  Give them LIFE!!!  

LOVE this!  I prayed the Rosary for Fr Denny before mass today.  I still have 5 decades that I have added to pray, so I need to get to that now.
My hero for family and for LIFE - ST JPII
Wise wonderful woman of God!  
A giggle - reminds me of Blues Brothers!  
St Therese is amazing!! I have a granddaughter named after her! 
St Augustine is wise and amazing!  I have a grandson named Augustine, too!  

Truth, O Lord!  Jesus, may I die to self so that I may serve without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many little sisters and little brothers.
"Oftentimes, I just stay there,
simply seated (in Eucharistic Adoration),
receiving food.  This calm unconscious repose
does me good.  I am nourished,
my strength returns." - Bl. Edward Poppe
 
 
"You see, I too find myself sometimes
overwhelmed by the weight of trials;
but after five minutes in front
of the Blessed Sacrament,
which is our all,
I feel entirely invigorated. 
Do the same when you are
depressed and discouraged."
 
Bl. Clement Marchisio
 
Pray - Fast - Give


Goodness of God - our TEC song from 2 weeks ago today we left to encounter our LORD - Excited to see everyone on Sunday at the reunion!  












Danielle Rose amazes me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment