The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Pondering the women in my life - moms, daughters, Holy Mother of God, Saints..."Can a woman forget her child in her womb?" - +JMJ+
How I love this as it speaks volumes of the women I look to on this journey - Mary the Mother of God and so many glorious women Saints! Many are with me in name as they bless my daughters and granddaughters with the stories of their lives lived for Jesus through Mary! Maria, Rose, Therese, Joan of Arc, Mary, Theresa on and on. How I love The Saints!!!
So true! Because of Mary's "yes" God came to dwell with us and give us our Salvation. I am lifted up with great happiness and JOY each day as her rosary beads bring my prayers to her Son.
I am recently back from a trip to Balaton in my chapel on wheels. Such a blessing to me!
Pat's mother with 7 of her 10. Pat is a little guy in his dad's arms - such a cutie! Pat's mother was a hard worker and farm wife through and through. She taught me all I know about the farm with great kindness and patience.
Towards the end of her life we were allowed to share our Faith together taking her to mass with us and finally bringing Eucharist to her home on Sunday. I sense her prayers for her farm family from heaven and all that comes with feeding the world there are a lot of needs to be prayed about, right mom?
My family in 1971 as we were entering the Catholic Church - all 13 of us! My dad was a Protestant minister and the Holy Spirit told him to come into The Catholic Church - the True Church!
Mom had a devotion to Our Lady and there is no place to be but The Catholic Church! To me that speaks volumes about how The Church has it all figured out. How can we treat the Mother of God with little or no respect?
Maria's wedding with her 3 sisters 2007
Talk about women that I look up to... my girls! Each and every one of them have taken me deeper in my Faith! We share our Faith in Jesus, Mary, The Church, the Saints! I am learning at their feet!
Oldest and youngest girl - Ruth is a mother of 7 from 19 to 2 which keeps her busy, she helps women learn Creighton Model Natural family planning, and is a nurse... she now has a side job of remodeling and renting and cleaning between people staying at their 2 Airbnbs.
The first reading today from Isaiah 49 - 5"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.
My girls are such an example of love of LIFE in the womb! Yet, this scripture reminds us of those lives in the womb that are not loved or protected and are killed in abortion. We all are united in our love of life and work to protect the unborn! Lord and Lady protect all life from conception to natural death!
Rose with one of their new kids - Mary got them started in goat farmers.
Ruth is also a farmer with her husband and father!
How we love our young willing farm family allowing us to go to visit our 2 girls in Kansas even in the midst of calving and kidding of baby goats.
Nancy with her 6 - she has a ministry called Catholic Sprouts. Helping Catholic parents share The Faith in their domestic Church/home.
A shining LIGHT in this world!
Maria with her 7 and her husband, Major Joseph, who is a JAG officer in the Army.
Maria homeschools and shares the Faith in their Domestic Church
Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS is the motto Pat and I lived by and now our children after us!
Our youngest daughter, our nun Little Sister Hallel. She has blessed us with many Little Sisters and Little Brothers to make our family large and wonderful as they model for us living their lives entirely for Jesus!
This has gotten way too late today... there is so much more to share, but I will end it for now. So many wonderful women with me on this journey of Faith/Family/Farm! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 22 plus many little sisters and little brothers.
The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
thou holdest my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
yea, I have a goodly heritage. - Psalm 16: 5,6
"When we come from our Communions,
if anyone said to us:
'What are you taking home with you?'
we should be able to reply:
'I am carrying away Heaven!'"
St John Vianney
"All the way to heaven is heaven, because Jesus said,"I am the way." St Catherine of Siena
No comments:
Post a Comment