Saturday, March 14, 2015

"It is mercy I desire..." Psalm 51

Whenever I see that Psalm 51 is being used I know that it is all about pleading with God to forgive my sins.  All we have to do is say - The Psalm today is 51 and we think we are going to be presented with the words of humbly coming before God asking for him to give us mercy for all our misteps, our blatant doing wrong, our selfishness, our laziness, our angers, our sins, our turning away from God and doing what is wrong, our embracing the darkness and turning from the LIGHT.  Have mercy on me God in your goodness; in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.  Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me... My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit; a heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.  It is mercy I desire, and not sacrifice.  Psalm 51 from mass today
 I am constantly aware of my failings and am very humbled by them, but do I make the change? Not always unless I am forced by LIFE.  I still want to be lazy and I still want to have "My time" and I still indulge myself in the midst of Lent!  I have seen lately that Pope Francis has spoken about Mercy and Confession - I think that it has been pronounced the year of Mercy!  How we all need that and then in return show the same mercy to those around us.  I do tend to be like the Pharisee today and judge and look down upon others...  It just wells up in me!
 It was so sweet to watch Dominic and this newborn calf find a place of peace and comfort yesterday.

Jesus, go with me today as I serve those in the nursing home.  May I remember that I have been shown unconditional LOVE and Mercy from you always with no reservations.  May I return that to those I encounter this day.  Jesus, I am in need of your forgiveness, and I yearn to get to the Sacrament  of Reconciliation and find forgiveness as I lay all my burdens at your feet.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image result for quotes of john paul ii about love
How did he know of my constant tears in LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT? 

No comments:

Post a Comment