I am suddenly working a retreat the day before I am to be there... I have the feeling like what the heck have I done!?! It is crazy busy here on the farm with the calving in full force - we now have 84 calves born so we are thankfully over half way with the ups and downs that come with such a huge job for Pat. I am feeling quite stressed and sore after a mishap with a cow the other day, and it is hard to see the disappointment in the eyes and words of my husband. It makes me feel very small and little and useless and down, but I know that this is what is asked of us on this journey of Faith - dying to self so that we need to rely on Jesus! My role at this retreat is one of service also and I am going in kind of ready to be small and in the background and do what is needed to help out. I will be happy to have it not recognized and be "secret." I suppose some are wondering if there are any secrets here with my daily blog, but I assure you there are some things that I don't share here. I do share only those things that I feel can help others on their journey so my sharings include many of the ups and the downs I experience, but always with the hope the Faith in Jesus and His Bride, The Church give me to persevere!
Rose helping grandma make St Joseph day cupcakes yesterday...
I have so many reminders around me that LIFE is a great gift and no matter the Cross we face in our lives that through the Tree of LIFE/The Cross we find LIFE everlasting and unconditional LOVE and LIGHT to bring forth the Truth that will set us free from selfishness to love and to serve those in our domestic Church/family without counting the cost. "Wounded, I will not cease to LOVE."
Now giving them a good coating of sprinkles sugar with Uncle Johnny looking on..."Which one is mine, Rosie?" She handed him one of her special pink ones!
Jesus, how I long to be small and unnoticed as I serve others both here at home and at my retreat this weekend. I am so excited that I will have the opportunity to get to The Sacrament of Reconciliation and lay my burdens at your feet! I know that I am weak and sick and selfishness is one of my faults as I am such a poor servant. I long to hear the words of Jesus through the priest that my sins are forgiven and then to go forward and return the LOVE and Mercy you have shown me towards all those around me... most especially those in my domestic Church/family. Please be with calving this weekend and keep Pat safe and strong along with those that are helping him with this huge job. Saint Joseph we look to you as you are Pat's strong and wise and humble Patron Saint. Our Lady, we lay our intercessions at your feet and know that you hold us close to your Mother's Immaculate Heart. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen
Future priest, Augustine (?) I am sure he will consider it when he grows older wrapped in his most precious blanket and admiring a bottle of Lourdes water... mom told him about Saint Bernadette seeing Mary and that happens to be his sister's name! Gus has been asking mom when she will have a baby sister named, Sarah, for his brother, Dominic... Nancy just sighs and smiles and trusts.
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
The Saint that can help us see small/little/secret is good and right for us!
I pray this can be true, O Lord!
Sweet Luke in a bubble sink the other night.
Danielle Rose - True LOVE!
Casting Crowns - Glorious Day
No comments:
Post a Comment