I know!!! But it gives me so much JOY along with Peace and LOVE!
Mowing and hay are hanging over me, so I am going to keep this mighty short today. Reading over the readings from The Word/Jesus speaking to us through the Holy Spirit today... What stuck with me was the tone of love and peace that were so good for me to hold close to my heart.
15 month old Joy sure loves the baby kitties! Ruth is convinced that she is waiting to walk for her grandma Lanoue while we are gone to France for Hallel's final vows/wedding. That makes Ruth a bit sad to miss that big step in her development and into independence and growing up that much more!
"I drew them with human cords,
with bands of love;
I fostered them like one
who raises an infant to his cheeks;
Yet, though I stooped to feed my child,
they did not know that I was their healer." These words from Hosea 11 reminded me of how each and every new life in our domestic Church/family has those "human chords" that tie us to them with such strong "bands of love."
Pat with his little sweet baby Joy... how they love each other. Each of our children and grandchildren have had such a "bond of love" with their grandpa Patrick over the years! His favorite thing is to offer them to their parents and they want to stay in grandpa's big arms and wide shoulders to rest their heads on!
Last night Pat took care of the kids while Ruth and I were away. We came back to find that he had painted Joy's toenails..."She sat so nice and still and giggled so sweetly when I blew on them!" What that big burly farmer won't do out of devotion to those little ones... It is no wonder that they are all bound up in those "human chords of LOVE!" Chords that bind and you would never want to sever!
Talk about human chords, with bands of love... so true of our Godchildren and our prayers to assist them on their spiritual journey. We promise to care for them... what JOY!
Squash blossoms are a thing of beauty! The first cucumbers sure tasted wonderful yesterday!
Every time I read the Gospel of today where Jesus sends out the 12... I always wonder about how their time spent in the homes on the journey worked out. I get a bit uncomfortable thinking about staying with strangers as they traveled and eating their food, sleeping where they were offered a spot, and the conversations, etc. We had 2 foreign exchange students live with us for about a year each, and so I am aware of the steps it takes to adjust and including someone who grew up in a different setting and family struggles.
Yet, have also read sharings by The Community of the Lamb of when they go to beg for their food from the poor! "As you enter a house, wish it peace." is the command of Jesus in Matthew 10 today, and The Community does this when they are welcomed into the homes of the poor! It seems to allow for the deep sharing and prayer that they offer to them as they share from their poverty with the Little Sisters of Little Brothers.
Of course, I also consider my inner temple/house of prayer and how when I enter there I "wish it peace." It seems that my rosary beads instantly bring me to an inner place of peace! Mary enters my home and with her comes so much peace and LOVE and JOY!
Over 6 feet tall and tassled just a week after the 4th of July! "Rain makes grain." says farmer Patrick!
Love my wall of family... it brings me to a place of peace and joy and love and prayer as the "human chords, with bonds of love" surround us and hold us closely together as we share Faith/Family/Farm!
Jesus, I am yours and how I long to find a place of peace and joy and love in the midst of the craziness we face here on the farm trying to get all done with the weather we are given to go to France in just a little over a month now! Help us to be kind and loving to one another and to trust in you. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
Ruth with her sweet redhead, Joy! Every life is a gift and is to be protected and cherished from conception to natural death! Lord, hear our prayer to end the culture of death/abortion and euthanasia! It is so wonderful to place LIFE in the hands of God... He alone is in charge of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment