Thursday, July 19, 2018

"yes, my spirit within me keeps vigil for you;" Isaiah 26

Our group with Hallel a few weeks ago in KC... it looks like a big group, but we are missing 11.  Yes, when we are together we number 26 now with the addition of wonderful Bobbi Verly!  Always surrounded by our 11 in heaven keeping our eyes and hearts focused there.  We are truly a huge wonderful domestic Church/family as our motto to live by is open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS for the world!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Hallel left KC 2 days ago for her return to France where she will be taking her final vows/wedding! 


She shared with her Godmother, Mary, in the note on her invitation to her vows..."Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for the 'big day' on which I will promise to be faithful unto death.  I know that a promise such as this is beyond any human strength but I put my trust in God, for whom all things are possible.  I believe that God's faithfulness can become my faithfulness." 
Together with the newly weds in KC about 3 weeks after the wedding.  It was so good for them to be with her soon after they received the Sacrament as Hallel was unable to physically be with us.  We knew she was with us in spirit though.


Much of the yearning for the Lord expressed in Isaiah in the first reading today reminds me of Little Sister Hallel and her Community!
"Your name and your title
are the desire of our souls.
My soul yearns for you in the night,
yes, my spirit within me keeps vigil for you;"  Isaiah 26
Their prayer life each day, including Mass/Eucharist, and Adoration is their food for the journey.  They chew/mendicate on The Word starting the night before repeating each line much like Lectio Divina and The Spirit speaks to their hearts of his Truth! 
The Gospel comes to life - the Wedding feast/open table where those off the streets are invited in for a meal shared in Community!  John introducing his bride to all!!!  Hallel sat with them and they could share wedding joy one with the other!  It seems that John and Susan/Hallel share much as they go through their lives.  They share the spiritual as well as life happenings.
The table of JOY!!!  Soon we will be on the hillside in St Pierre sharing a feast for Hallel's "big day"!  18 of us gathered around her by the green Cathedral in the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains where sheep graze the meadows and there are sunflower fields around them.


 As I told someone today, who was asking if we were going to Paris... "Our nun/daughter is taking her vows... we are not sightseeing we are having important and intense family time!"
The family meal celebrating Hallel's taking her habit and changing her name in August of 2009!  There were 4 of us there for her including Father Craig, and John and I only decided in 24 hours that we could come to France!  Miracle!  Now there will be 18 of us 9 years later!  5 of the little ones were not born yet in 2009!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
John with his walker in the green cathedral... the roof and stain glass windows are trees all around us!
Gathered in the Green Cathedral in 2009....
Love this memory... it makes tears well up.  I am so incredibly lucky that I have a sweet daughter, who has answered Yes to her call from her spouse, Jesus Christ!

I considered a vocation and it led me into The Catholic Church along with my family of 13!
I was told by a sister in the last few years that I have my Hallel because of my considering the call.  Yes!  I wanted each of my children to consider this most wonderful possibility for them.  I would say that all had it there in front of them as a possibility.  And all appreciate the life it means for those called.  I pray each day that each of my grandchildren will ask the Lord for his plan for them and that they will consider religious life or priesthood. 
The 4 girls taken at Ruth's confirmation!  They will all be together in France with Hallel and their spouses and John and Bobbi also!  LOVE!
At our reception in Marshall the day after our wedding.  We were married at The Basilica of St Mary in Minneapolis by Pat's cousin, Fr Vincent Louwagie, 40 years ago on August 3rd, 1978!  I wasn't called to be a nun, but I still keep a vigil for my Lord in my spirit/inner temple/contemplative at heart!
With Paper Hallel at Nancy's wedding... John wanted her there... Hallel burned it when she came home for her first home visit in 2013!


With The Community with any special feast day they begin the night before with intense prayer and delving into the Word!   They stay up all night praying and singing and chanting the psalms and totally immerses into the Feast of The Church head over heels!!!  We have joined in from time to time like during Easter, and are filled to the brim with JOY!
 Baby Susan with my mom and her two older sisters Maria and Nancy! 


LIFE is a gift and with the LOVE of Jesus in our hearts his Words are true from the Gospel today;
Jesus said:
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."


Yes, the Cross we carry/drag down the narrow path becomes for us the Tree of LIFE!
My family started with 3 girls, also!  I am the oldest of 12 with 2 sisters after me... here I am amazed at my baby sister, Paula!  LIFE is a gift and we share our Faith with JOY as a family in our domestic Church!


Jesus, how we love you!  LIFE has its ups and downs and with your love in our hearts we can go forward down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 I am the oldest of 12...
Pat is the middle of 10.  I am just back from Adoration today and I put 200+ from our combined families in the monstrance with Jesus one by one!  Today I added two new ones in the womb for the first time!  LOVE!  Having such huge wonderful families is so very special and my hobby to know their names and pray for them weekly!  "Jesus and Mary, I love you, save souls!"  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
John and Nancy at Nancy's wedding on the feast of St Augustine/August 28, 2011!  John's patron saint is St Augustine!  Nancy's oldest son is now Augustine, too!  LOVE!
Image may contain: text


Image may contain: flower, plant and nature
Romans 1:16-17

The Gospel is the power of God leading everyone who believes in it to salvation. For in the Gospel is revealed the justice of God, which begins and ends with faith. The Scripture says: “The just man shall live by faith.”

Image may contain: 1 person
Her work is now being done from heaven.... no doubt!













No comments:

Post a Comment