Out early this morning to let the ducks outside... the squash blossoms are open and so beautiful first thing in the morning. Later they fold up and start making yellow zucchini... I had my first tiny ones last night as I know they will grow too big quickly and I will have too much to handle.
So beautiful each year! Better than any blossom I could grow that is just a flower.
Farmgirl Joy in her 3rd dress for the day... soon they will be leaving for their big adventure on the Boundary waters for a week. Many prayers and plans - Ruth is so grateful for a friend, who goes every year and her list of what to take has been super helpful!
I learned how to do the goat chores each day... they chew on anything I have heard, and saw first hand as one grabbed Joy's dress and I was chewed on also. No pain involved - they are very gentle.
15 year old Mary is now a goat farmer, and grandma needs to take over for her while they are away.
Barefoot Joy is such a picture of sweetness... her hair is the same color as the red on the goats!
Learning to do the goats and unable to resist the sweet pictures all around me!
Joy is a magnet as Mary picked some leaves for her to feed them. "Leaves are their treat." and it shows!
Farmgirl Mary doing the work for caring for her herd of goats!
8 year old Patrick with his baby sister, who is 6 weeks old now! Her cheeks reveal that she is eating well and growing nicely.
Thankyou, Maria, Patrick and Maggie for giving this gift to your grandma/mom!
It was a great day for Readings read all around the world in ALL the Catholic Churches from St Peters to a tiny country church in Africa! In the first from Genesis 17 - God promises 100 year old Abraham and 90 year old Sarah that they will have a son, and populate the world! The 128 Psalm really grabbed my attention with the phrase;
Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
in the recesses of your home;
Your children like olive plants
around your table.
R. See how the Lord blesses those who fear him.
Behold, thus is the man blessed
who fears the LORD. Psalm 128
It is no secret that being fruitful is what we ask of the Lord in our families. Pat and I wanted a large family and have 7 in heaven and 5 with us on this journey on earth. Our children are also open to life and there have been losses along the way for them also. Those losses keep our eyes on heaven as our goal where we will be united someday!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
Filling up water bottles to be in the fridge for these hot summer days and lots of jobs on the farm. I admit that I am a bit nervous about being alone on the farm with hubby farmer, Pat. My one request is that we can be loving and kind to each other as Jesus is with us! I am a nervous farmwife - city girl come to the farm. You would think that in 43 years I would be confident and good at things, but...
Dirty fingers from picking weeks early in the morning...Brother Victor writes today about weeding the garden, so we are kindred spirits in our monastic life - me here on my farm monastery and he is upstate New York at his Benedictine Monastery. Dad loved his writing and called him - "my man, Brother Victor!" Love him and dad!I am not sure that I have reached the point of losing time while I am weeding... Feeding many monks his garden must be huge by comparison. Looking after Ruth's huge garden this week... she keeps the weeds picked when they are tiny. It is a work of art and devotion!
I asked Maria for a smiling picture of our Maggie Rose... I think this sweet contented smile is just that.
We are all called to be Saints! The Saint that is just me with the unconditional love and forgiveness of Jesus with Mary helping us down the narrow path as well as angels and Saints!Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just meA stunner!
Cucumber blossom means soon I will have wonderful cukes to enjoy!
Baby squash right after blooming. God's creation is a wonder and awesome!
Lord, how we are blessed by our lives here feeding the world and our families. Give our farm family safety and a wonderful family time! Give Pat and I peace and forgiveness as we work together on the farm in their absence. Thank you for your unconditional love and forgiveness - may we return that to one another. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
My answer to prayer - a place to study and to write. "Offer it up." my motto for the week!So much love for this man - my hero for family and for LIFE!
The Queen and Mother of Heaven and earth with her arms wide to welcome a family gathering! This old lady is hopeful and prayerful. Bless-bless, Barbara
















No comments:
Post a Comment