Dad got to watch #58 great-grand child, Birdie Barbara as she grew. He loved to watch her move her arms and legs and smile at him from her infant seat. Dad has now 59 great grandchildren, but I doubt that he had ever had the opportunity in the last many years to watch one so closely!
Our daily rosary and chaplet on the porch - doing our work of prayer in our farm monastery was our JOY! Many intentions for family filled our hearts, minds, and souls!Today dad spoke to me and I know that this is true of him in heaven - praying for peace in our huge family! We are approaching 140 with 3 new babies to join us... so many needs and prayers for all the divisions to cease and for us to love and forgive unconditionally as Jesus does for us!
How dad loved our tomato soup and applesauce - he ate it every day towards the end.
We have lids on the way from Seattle thanks to Pat's sister and her mother, Anna, who is interceding for her two daughter in laws, whom she taught all she knows about being the best farm wife ever!
Sitting my Our Lady yesterday at the foot of The Cross praying with 7 Sisters for my wonderful priest friend, Fr Denny, the tears rolled as I pondered the beautiful gift I was given in such a wonderful mother in law, who was so loving and truly taught me how to be a farm wife - a city girl come to the farm!
One of my favorite stories about her and her patience and kindness... I was married a few months and we were taking out the garden - she asked me if I had a potato fork..."Sure." I went to the kitchen and got a fork out of the drawer, and handed it to her. She dug in the dirt with it a bit, and finally told me sweetly - "actually a potato fork is a large tool." No, she did not throw her hands up or laugh in my face! Maybe she did inside, but I doubt even there.
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!
My dad and I doing the office - morning and evening prayer shared after breakfast and supper! Dad as a permanent Deacon is asked to pray this daily and I had the honor or sharing in his vocation in our farm monastery! Psalm 92 in morning prayer was filled with teachings and Truths from my dad this morning! I proclaim here the movings of the Holy Spirit as I read and pray... but I do see the value of taking pen and pencil in hand and marking up for those coming after! It is such a wonderful treasure and gift to me to be able to sit at the feet of my father as I was blessed with over these last 50 years!
"The Father and Son are one; we too are to abide in that oneness." May this come true in our families, O Lord!
I have new respect for St Cyprian, and dad saw it too!
A memory from 2 years ago today... Maria visiting Hallel in KC and I drove to meet her there with Gus and Bernadette! Flowers for the chapel...
Dad tearfully sharing with Maria last summer about how touched he was to discover a mass said for mom in Michigan, and her in laws were the ones that paid for it. One of the few times I have seen my father touched to the point of tears for my mother.
Evangeline Mary was so sweet and loving towards my dad. Dad met all my grandchildren while he lives here.. not only that, but they were around in the same house while they were here. I know that dad is now praying for our new granddaughter, Maggie Rose and the two other's in the womb. It fills me with so much peace to know of mom and dad's prayers and how we are continuing to live out their example of being open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
A picture of LIFE - dad is gone now, and we have welcomed #31 to our family, Magdalene Rose!
Dad with the 19 a year ago... there are now 20 with 2 more to come this fall/winter. LIFE is a gift and makes our love grow more with each new member.
Two of the little boys are crying and so it is truly a picture of life!
Always need 3!I was spoiled to get pictures of granddaughter, Mary, at FFA camp!
Mary is such a wonderful girl, and truly has embraced the farm life. She is now a goat farmer at 15!She was elected an officer - "like father, like daughter"
If Mary is in it...My mother did not mark up her daily meditations by Pope Benedict XVI, but I do know that she loved it so much that she repeated it daily for 10 years! That says it all, and this was a wonderful gift from her today with the amazing words of Pope Benny!
Dad's man, Brother Victor, speaking to my heart and soul! How I love my peaceful time to read all that I am given by The Church, my parents, St Mother Teresa, The Magnificat...I am someone, who needs that solitude, so how can I be a grandmother to 20 and mother to 5 and wife of a loud strong intrusive amazingly endless communicator - about all things political and things going on in the world that I just want to shut out? I honestly don't know how I manage my few hours of solitude most mornings when I can read, digest, pray and share! It is a total answer to prayer and the best gift to me.
In my mother's chair from their office when they left for Assisted Living a year and a half ago... Hallel over my shoulder and a reminder to offer it up! All the reading that I am given each new day! I know that I have my Blessed Mother to thank for blessing me with study and writing - my heartfelt prayer!
So much food each day starting with the Gospel the night before - taught to us by Hallel and her Community of the Lamb!Mom and dad and The Church! How I miss my parents, but they are still here with me each day!
A few years ago when I was pondering retiring from my Nursing home nurse job, Pat asked me what I would do with my time. From my heart I answered - "I would love to have a desk where I could study and write." He did not think much of that idea, but I do see now that he is more supportive of my work here and he truly is much of my inspiration beginning with his word to me at our engagement weekend - "The world needs lights!" LOVE you, honey and thank you for supporting me.
and all these things will be given you besides.
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.
Sufficient for a day is its own evil.” Matthew 6
My dad's Bible is such a gift! He marks and writes for me to be uplifted!
Thanks dad! I love you!
Such a man, who loves Jesus in Word and Sacrament, and The Church! I am right there with you Dad! I love you and it is hard to miss you when I am given so much with each new day! Come, children, hear me;
Which of you desires life,
and takes delight in prosperous days?
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord. Dad to me today in Psalm 34 from mass!
Come Holy Spirit - dad looked to you and now has reached the end of the narrow path - heaven forever! Bless-bless, Barbara

Danielle Rose - writes her music in front of Jesus in adoration - she wrote a song for every decade of the rosary... So wonderful!






















No comments:
Post a Comment