She especially giggled with glee when her 2 year old brother, Jude, gave her a push.
My little namesake is officially walking now, and is such a sweet little girl for grandma.
Jude was a nice sharing brother.
Smiles all around makes for a fun evening with these two. Playing outside was the best!
My mother racoon eating the cat food - she is hungry as she is nursing 4 babies that I saw the other night checking out my recycling.
Birdie found a soft bunny and grandma got her camera to capture too many sweet pictures of the two of them!Good to have ears to hold onto when she walks now...
So fun to have her up on her feet now, and cute too!
Birdie is grandchild #19 for us and she has now been joined by grandchild #20, Maggie Rose, in Fort Lewis, WA! There is 21 and 22 on the way! Each one is a treasure that we surround with prayer from the moment we know of their new life in the womb!Oh my!
My first wonderful fresh salad from the garden tasted like sunshine!
Maggie in her swimsuit and going to the beach with the family...Patriotic baby ready for the beach!
Ranch makes it a taste of heaven!
Wave the flag and the fly swatter!
My dad would have enjoyed watching the fun times! When I sit on the porch, I think of dad and our daily times there doing our work of prayer for family. Rosary and chaplet at 3p each day - watching the clouds and white cars and trucks over on Hwy 59.
Jude kept closing the gate and getting stuck on the other side...
OK grandma is coming to open the gate again...
What brought me to this sharing about how weak I am? The first amazing reading from mass from St Paul to 2 Cor:11, where St Paul lists all the ways he has suffered for the Lord, and how in his weakness and humbling there was only the Lord to give him the strength, healing and ability to go forward sharing The Truth!
Brothers and sisters:
Since many boast according to the flesh, I too will boast.
To my shame I say that we were too weak!
But what anyone dares to boast of
(I am speaking in foolishness)...Five times at the hands of the Jews
I received forty lashes minus one.
Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned,
three times I was shipwrecked,
I passed a night and a day on the deep;
on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers,
dangers from robbers, dangers from my own race,
dangers from Gentiles, dangers in the city,
dangers in the wilderness, dangers at sea,
dangers among false brothers;
in toil and hardship, through many sleepless nights,
through hunger and thirst, through frequent fastings,
through cold and exposure.
And apart from these things, there is the daily pressure upon me
of my anxiety for all the churches.
Who is weak, and I am not weak?
Who is led to sin, and I am not indignant?
If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.
Grandpa raking while Simon and I wait in the wings. Grandpa pop helps with the dry heat! Send us rain, O Lord, we are in such need! There is nothing we can do to water our thousands of acres and pastures but pray, and so we do without ceasing!Pat rakes and Paul comes behind and bales...
Doing the dance called baling grass hay close to each other.
We are all called to be humble and turn to Jesus, and so when I realize my weakness... I should turn to my Jesus and trust in Him!
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy,
and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the LORD heard,
and from all his distress he saved him.
R. From all their distress God rescues the just. Psalm 34 today!
This reminds me of the chaplet of Divine Mercy... "When in difficult moments and times of distress repeat these words; "Jesus, I trust in you." From Bishop LeVoir when John was facing his cancer returning and whole brain radiation!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories
John's story continues with wife and 2 treasures from heaven, Jude and Birdie!Paul and his baler and no hands on the wheel for a second to give me a hard time for all my photos... the jokes on him!Jesus, I am weak and therefore when I talk about dragging my Most Cherished Cross down the narrow path as I stagger forward 2 for each one that I stagger back... it is truth and how I need you! When I hold my rosary beads it is truly taking the hand of your mother, who brings my needs to you. Jesus, I trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Swinging together over the dry dead lawn... no mowing these days.Jude's turn. How I would love to get my 3 boys together - this weak old woman has much to pray about and trust in the Lord's plan. He is the one in control, not me! Bless-bless, Barbara
A new Mrs Cross is added to our family- Kimberly welcome!
Another memory from 8 years ago! 2 year old Gus and one year old Rose again with the toes in the water and cows and calves drinking from the creek - another reason we need rain to replenish the water they need to drink!
From mom and Pope Benny! "Take, eat"
Simon and 7 year old Luke fixing fence this morning. Many jobs needed on the farm.
Sweet sharing from dad's monk, Brother Victor!In the shade and wonderful breeze on Ruth's beautiful porch this morning. Have a peaceful restful day all!











No comments:
Post a Comment