Thursday, October 7, 2021

"How many million miles rosary beads have traveled through troubled fingers..."/70 years/"Mom are you going to get more emotional with age?" Hallel

Corn stalk bales are here!  I went out with the 3 younger kids of Ruth to take some pictures, and they became silly quickly. 
Unicorn pictures were cute and fun, and grandma did not manage to get just some plain old posed pictures for 2021.  Oh well, I will enjoy these for years to come anyways.  So cute to take a single cob of corn and become uni- corns!  They do exist in the sunny corn field and they perch on top of corn stalk bales!
More fun!  Strong man Luke!
John called me for my birthday yesterday first thing and sent me this picture of my namesake, Birdie Barbara, eating her yogurt and getting it all over her face!
A birthday about 5 years ago under Pat's apple tree.  No apples this year.
I found myself on the road in my chapel on wheels yesterday going about 45 minutes down the road to Pipestone to get some belts for the baler. As soon as I turn the key - my rosary begins and fills my time with such a special prayer.  I have now added up to 10 decades a day and with an hour and a half on the road - it was very good indeed!

Loved this in the Magnificat today!  In my 70 years the rosary has been so important to me for the 50 since we all entered The Catholic Church!  I recall my father gathering us around in a circle on the 3rd floor of our home in Kenwood in Minneapolis to first say the rosary as a family.  It has truly been my lifeline as I face all the difficulties that come my way!  John's cancer, Patrick's traumatic  birth, each of my grandchildren in the womb has been prayed here with a rosary prayer each day from when we know they are in the womb.  Most times I have beads in my fingers during the days!
I leave a trail of rosaries wherever I go!
These exact words were shared with my mother on her death bed by my oldest, Ruth Ida Rose!  "Grandma you have said those words "pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death" so many times - now they are truly powerful and will bring you peace."  LOVE!


I had to wait an hour for the belt to be repaired, so I spent that time with Jesus in St Leo's Catholic Church.  
One of Ruth's black eyed Susans in my hair to recall my younger "flower child" days when I came into The Church!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!

Time with Joy while Ruth is our raking ahead of the baler. She likes bubbles in the jacuzi with an interested kitten watching her.
Great time with Joy, who soon will be a big sister.  Nothing better than to have siblings over things.  There is no comparison!
So sweet and happy - Joy is a perfect name for her!

I had a joyful day in hearing from my kids including Hallel from France and also my wonderful Little Sisters called from Kansas City!  Of course, I wept a lot, and then Hallel made me laugh while I was ugly crying when she said; "Mom, you are now 70!  For real?  Are you going to get more emotional with age?" We both had to laugh at the thought as I am famous for weeping happy or sad!  Once again I shared how I cried through my entire pregnancy with Susan/Hallel in my womb as my sister, Mary, was dying from cancer.  "And I turned out OK."  Yes!  
Fall leaves, a rosary, and Jesus close by in the fall colors of the stain glass windows!  I left these leaves there as an ongoing prayer for my two little ones in the womb.  How I pray without ceasing for my two daughters and their two babies to all be happy and healthy and here for us to grow in our LOVE in a few months!  
Artsy picture just because...
A day of selfies as I pray through Our Lady to Our Lord with many petitions for our domestic Church/family!

The Gospel today is another promise/reminder that when we pray long and hard and without ceasing - we are given His answer to our needs.  "Mom, it will all turn out well in the end. It might not be what we want or expect, but it will be well and good."  Hallel

“And I tell you, ask and you will receive;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives;
and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened..."  Luke 11
I was able to have lunch in Camden as I went right by...  I am off to help hubby!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara



 

No comments:

Post a Comment