Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Rosary comes to life!/Hard Gospel? - turn it around and make it right! Thanks Blessed Pier Giorgio!/talking to France while driving the tractor

Nancy's Bernadette and Maria's Patrick together in Missouri!  These two are just a month apart in age.  This was 5 years ago in Fort Lost in the Woods/Leonardwood in Missouri and they are both 4 years old.  

Maria was soon to have her Evangeline Mary on November 1st!  I had to rush to NICU in St Louis for her as she did not breath perfectly at first and was taken there... our history of being open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS is a checkered one and totally depending on prayers without ceasing!  Evie was the picture of health and in a few days returned home!

Here is our Patrick 9 years ago with his cool cap off and on the road to a miraculous recovery after a traumatic birth!  Once again we depended upon prayer to get us through!  So many times we are left with our weak pleas lifting up to our Lord through our Lady!  Can you tell that I am working on a talk on prayer currently?  
Pleasantly surprised by my geraniums in front of Mary yesterday... I guess even though I have neglected them they appreciate the rains we have finally been getting!  The crop is now in and today is a day of blowing sideways rain with a terrific prairie wind!
Tried to include the leaves turning overhead... her golden crown!  My Lady is so huge in my talk on prayer!  She and her rosary prayer allows me to virtually pray without ceasing with every beat of my heart and every breath that I take!  "Mary and Jesus, Mary and Jesus..." 

 My lifeline in times of total loss of control in all that is happening around me - all the time!  If we think we are in control we are deluded!  Jesus is in control and we are called upon to Trust and PRAY!!!!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The story of little Lamb - grandson Patrick

Yes, I found myself out again raking just ahead of the Pat in the baler yesterday just as Hallel called from France.  I found myself talking to France while raking and praying.  

I shared with her that I had just been praying my first Sorrowful mystery - Agony in the Garden, which since my last confession is for me... while I was terrified as Pat lay under the baler and asked me to push this lever or that one.  "The least mistake and it could have been terrible!"  The mystery came so close to me as I just about shook sitting there in that tractor seat as the engine roared and I made sure not to touch anything accidentally and understand what he was asking me to do over the noise and confusion.  At these times I come in close contact not only with the Lord's suffering and fear, but also my being a city girl at heart and never quite getting over that fact.

The second mystery has been for Pat for the last month- the 2nd sorrowful - the Scourging at the Pillar came very real, too!  As I passed him, he was out behind the baler and looking at him - the rake hit his tire and broke some spokes on the outer wheel. 

 Not good!  I was mortified and Pat was not happy with me, although I could finish a few more rounds.  I limped home thinking that those sorrowful mysteries were filled with a lot more hurt and sadness than ever before.  Sigh!  Talk about humbling and hard and humbling and hard!

The Gospel today was one of those tough ones too!  As was the first reading from Romans 2 about judging others when we sin ourselves.  The Gospel - Luke 11 - one of those "Woe to you Pharisees" ones... The Psalm 62 can be a refuge for us today and allow us to find the ability to say as I said to Hallel - "Well, I guess that I learned that I am not a perfect parent or farm wife, and that I need the Lord!  I want Him, too!!!"  "Yes, mom, we need the Lord!"

Only in God be at rest, my soul,
    for from him comes my hope.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my stronghold; I shall not be disturbed. 
R.    Lord, you give back to everyone according to his works.
Trust in him at all times, O my people!
    Pour out your hearts before him;
    God is our refuge!
R.    Lord, you give back to everyone according to his works.

I was lifted up also to read Blessed Pier Giorgio's answer to the Gospel by turning it around!  How can we lift the burdens of others?  Yes!!!

How I love that I am blessed to learn at the feet of these young people, who are filled with Faith and Truth!  Such a great patron for young people along with St Therese, and St Agnes, and St Maria Goretti, joined by my 4 daughters, who all take me deeper in my following Jesus!  
Then there is my wonderful father, whose one year anniversary of his death is approaching on October 23rd!  After 6 months living with me in my farm monastery and sharing his religious life with me.  A huge part of my spiritual journey along with my amazing Most Cherished Cross.  I am so blessed!!!

How dad loved Isaiah!  Reading Isaiah 55:1-2 he was led into The Church 50 years ago!!!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!

Words of wisdom from Pope Benedict XVI today - left for me by my wonderful mother, who read this book 10 years over and over!  So wise and in line with the True Church!  My parents and I and now my domestic Church/family agree with ALL The Church gives us with no reservations at all!!!  United in heart, mind and soul!  
Dad's man, Brother Victor, today - so sweet and humble and holy and he allows me to share in the life of a prayerful monk!  
Thanks, Brother Victor and dad!  May we give the control to you, O Lord, and trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara

"Lead, kindly Light!
amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on!" 
St John Henry Cardinal Newman
 

 
"In the Holy Mass
that One Sacrifice on the Cross once offered
is renewed, continued, applied to our benefit. He seems to say,
My Cross was raised up 1800 years ago, and only for a few hours -
and very few of my servants were present there -
but I intend to bring millions into my Church.
For their sakes then I will perpetuate my Sacrifice, that each of
them may be as though they had severally been present at Calvary.
I will offer Myself up day by day to the Father,
that every one of my followers may have the opportunity
to offer up his petitions to Him, sanctified
and recommended by the all-meritorious virtue of my Passion.
 
Thus I will be a Priest for ever,
in the order of Melchizedek -
My Priests will stand at the Altar - but not they,
but I rather, will offer. 
I will not let them offer mere bread and wine,  but I myself
will be present on the Altar insteadand I will offer
myself invisibly, while they perform the outward rite.
And thus the Lamb that was slain once for all,
though He is ascended on high, ever remains a victim
from His miraculous presence in Holy Mass  under the
figure and appearance of mere earthly and visible symbols."
 
 St John Henry Cardinal Newman
England ~ 1801-1890
Convert from Anglicanism in 1845
Teacher (Oxford), eminent theologian,
writer, poet, popular preacher
Established Oratory of St Philip in England
Founded the Catholic University of Ireland
Canonized: 13 October 2019
Feast Day:  Oct 9
Painting above:  Francois-Marius Granet
 
 
Of the strength and stay that is the Eucharistic Presence of Christ,
Neuman penned a new translation of an old text, the Anima Christi
 
Soul of Christ, be my sanctification;
Body of Christ, be my salvation;
Blood of Christ, fill on my veins;
Water from the side of Christ, wash out my stains;
Passion of Christ, my comfort be;
O good Jesu, listen to me;
In Thy wounds I fain would hide,
Ne'er to be parted from Thy side.
Guard me, should the foe assail me;
Call me when my life should fail me;
Bid me come to Thee above,
With Thy saints to sing Thy love,
World without end.  Amen.
 
St John Henry Newman, pray for us!

 














Danielle Rose

Holy Now - Peter Mayer



Zach Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment