The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
"Jesus, I trust in you." St Faustina/Martha and Mary and Jesus/"Marriage is exclusive, permanent, and open to children" Fr Denny
Within the first few minutes of being at grandma's house, I had done her hair and started a photo shoot with her kitten which is now mine - Joy and Felix!
And then the soft blanket made it so special for them. For Joy to protect her from her playful kitten's claws, and for Felix to snuggle in for some great little girl snuggles. I am still smiling at the fun we all had together for grandma to get some special pictures of 4 1/2 year old Joy.
Ruth and Luke by our corn stalk bales 6 years ago. Ruth is now out raking ahead of her father in the baler as we do our huge corn stalk bale job - 400+ bales for feed and bedding through our calving season.
How I love my corn stalk bale pictures and for 2021 today is the day that they will appear in the corn field. I was told that I would be the one raking ahead of the baler, but now it has changed so that I can have Joy and Ruth will be the farm hand. Thank you, Ruth!
Pie filling a year ago today.
Birdie and our BIG bowl of sliced apples a year ago - she is now 17 months old and we have no apples for pie filling this year.
Simon is a pro at the corer peeler as he has run it since he was small. Thanks, Simon!
Rose and a apple out of the corer peeler - so cool and tasty!
A year ago we had apples and today was apple pie filling day - 100 quarts! This year we have no apples, and it is going to be corn stalk baling day! Ruth raking ahead of Pat and Pat baling.
Farmgirl Ruth and the cows just out on stalks in front of the farm. They think that her green lush tomatoes look more appetizing than the dry corn stalks - that is what the electric fence is for!
The official word is that Ruth will rake and I will have Joy and the kids to run tonight. Ruth is so sweet and knows that I am a big chicken when it comes to run a tractor. I must say that once I get over my fears - it can be a peaceful time for the most part.
Ruth is definitely out standing in her field - including wife, mother, farmer, with an eye for beauty and not afraid to do the work!
A cow with an entire corn stalk looks cute to me.
There are a few ears of corn that are on the ground for them to find too.
A golden carpet under their feet - down the road they will be picked up for bales by Ruth and her dad.
"But we want the green stuff!" Sorry. Ruth recognizes some of the cows that are familiar to her from showing them at the fair or from calving. A true devoted farm wife that I look up to and admire a whole lot!
The familiar window and stairway that is in the farmhouse that Ruth grew up in and now is hers. This is the same as it was 33 years ago when we moved there with our 4 little girls. Then you had that boy! Yes! John was born here and grew up here always. We switched places 5 years ago and Ruth made it her own with a wonderful vision for the home she wanted on the farm! How we love to have our young willing and able farm family living here now!
Last year David was the one who raked many of the stalks ahead of the baler. Today he has 2 football games after school, so it looks like his life is too busy for helping.
Busy day for hubby this time of year. Many prayers for safety and sanity.
My famous from behind pictures... Good thing that is a nice perspective with my rosary in one hand and camera in the other!
A bale picture from 6 years ago in my front yard, which is now Ruth's! So wonderful to have this group of happy, healthy, hard working grandkids that love the farm! They have made it so much more with now goats added to the mix, and at fair time they have pigs around.
LOVE this - one of my dad's favorites!
St Faustina is a very special saint on our journey as she gave us so much hope when John was struggling his battle of brain cancer. A battle which brought him to discover his Faith! Once again we see that through the Cross we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Our help to give it over at all times of our needs - "Jesus, I trust in you." which comes to us from St Faustina's Divine Mercy Prayer!
John's story continues with wife and 2 little ones! How he burns to share his story!
St Faustina's words and prayer from The Magnificat today!
Jesus comes to us each day in The Eucharist! I remember John's non Catholic roommate at Farmhouse Fraternity, who was in love with Jesus! "Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could go to church every day of the week and celebrate Jesus and how we love him!" "We can! That is in the Catholic Church! We can receive Jesus every day of the week!"
So powerful after the Good Samaritan yesterday from Luke 10! I was blessed with mass last evening and Fr Denny told us that we all need to answer the call of St Francis - "rebuild my church" "No matter how small our work for Jesus, we must all take part in doing this important work - rebuilding The Church!" Fr Denny
Pope Benedict today was a great reminder that there is a plan for each of our lives when we give them to the Lord and die to self so that He may work through us as his hands and feet and voice of Truth!
Softness and gentleness before the claws came out of the playful kitten.
Many pictures in the first few minutes of her coming to grandma's and finding her kittens growing fat and spoiled here in my home a few miles from the farm.
Fingers and purrs as they enjoy their snuggles!
Softness wins the day!
The Gospel today is Martha and Mary with Jesus as Luke 10 continues from The Good Samaritan. I am so grateful that my prayers have been answered for a prayer space and time to read the many books and daily meditations left behind for me by my parents and Church! I feel that the Lord is saying to me ... The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.” Luke 10
Each day that I can sit down in my mom's chair in my bedroom and read and pray over the amazing Words starting with Morning prayer and the mass readings, then the other 5 books... I am allowed to sit at the feet of Our Lord and Lady and arise with so much to share and uplift me with each new day- every day is a blessing and gift!
Yes, there is also the jobs of Martha are part of each day, but mostly I am gifted with my special time... Barb, the old lady, "sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. "
and Jesus says time over and over again - "she has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her." What is this called? - PRAYER, Lectio Divina of the Word starting the night before, my parents leaving behind for me their Truth and wisdom and 100% LOVE for The Church! My 50 years thanks to the prayers of my husband for his Catholic wife and my parents listening to the Holy Spirit...
Dad praising David a year ago as he raked ahead of the baler. Dad died just a few weeks later after living 6 months on the farm and we did the work of prayer in our farm monastery!
Those huge hands are so hard working and loving and do so much work to feed the world - how he loved to share our life in the farm with my wonderful dad last year. Thank you, Honey!
Fr Denny on Sunday preaching about Respect life Sunday and Marriage
I just listened to it again and took some notes - it would be so worthwhile to listen to his words of wisdom!
Supreme good of marriage - Children!
Man and woman, whose sexual union made you - mother and father are accountable to the child.
Marital embrace is unitive and procreative
Truth... Sacrament of Matrimony. Male and Female are equal but complimentary... marriage only between one man and one woman.
Marriage is exclusive, permanent, and open to children.
Lord, we embrace our Most Cherished Cross/husband and are given LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! How I am lifted up by my wonderful children as I learn at their feet! Nothing better for this old mom! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara
Hallel's words of wisdom to her sister, Nancy at the occasion of her engagement to Bill
Nancy was engaged to Bill Bandzuch on April 10, 2010... We are all so happy for her as she has waited long for her Catholic man to come into her life. She had stood by her values and as a result it was especially sweet and special when she joyfully accepted Bill's proposal! We all gathered in Maria and Joe's back yard to help them celebrate that afternoon minus her sister in KC... Little Sister Hallel. We called her and she spoke to each one of us and even her neice and nephews ! A month later Nancy found this letter from her sister in the mailbox. It was mother's day and she called me to read it to me over the phone. I was blown away and at first thought how crazy it was that a young girl,who had answered the call to remain chaste and be a little sister had so much insight into marriage! But when I realized that she is now the "bride of Christ" it now makes all the sense in the world! I would like to once again share this powerful and wise letter here... Nancy, Look I am writing you a letter... aren't you impressed? Well, you better be because both you and I know how often this happens. I am writing to tell you now extremely excited I am about your engagement to Bill. I have to admit, when I got the news I wasn't really shocked but that night as it sunk in during adoration and the next day during mass I was so happy. My heart overflowed with joy for you. How beautiful to know that you have found your... most cherished cross. While I have never had the experience of being married, from what I hear is that he will truly be your cross. But not your cross as human eyes look at it, as a thing to run away from, as a thing of torture but rather as that which is truly the tree of life. It is only when clinging to the cross that one can truly live, it is the source of all life and of all love. Your marriage to Bill will be this, not something to run away from when it gets hard and when it hurts, but something to hold tight to, especially when it hurts because it is in this that you will find life and love. Know that it is through your marriage that Jesus wants to show you his great love for you and also that the best example that you can give to the world of Christ's love is a marriage lived in truth. So, in other words, know that I am so happy for you and that I love you a whole lot. Know that you are in my prayers during this crazy time of wedding planning; that you may not go crazy but rather learn to love each other better and that you may both have great joy and great peace. Remember to pray for me too! God Bless, Your little Sister Hallel
No comments:
Post a Comment