Thursday, May 18, 2023

Cows and calves out to pasture with Tom and I/ "...your grief will become joy.” John 16 - +JMJ+

Tom in his car seat between grandpa and I as we were needed to help put some loads of cows with their calves out on DNR land about 10 miles away.  He was super good and an icy helped keep him cool and happy.  As Pat says; "Ruth's kids come out genetically able to eat icies!"  
He is such a sweet happy boy, who loves his grandma and grandpa.
Tuesday night after school was a big night of getting loads out to pasture.  My job was caring for the 2 youngest and thinking about supper after I picked them up from school and got them a dilly ice cream bar for a school snack.  
There are 2 inches of water in the pool and Joy and Tom played in there for a while under grandma's watchful eyes.  

Fun now, but when it is full of water this summer - they will have to always be aware where little Tom is!  

Joy with the apple blossoms on grandpa's tree - grandpa loves these apples and calls them his! 
LOVE the green of spring!  
Always have to take 3.
Many hands at work on this big job - we put out 9 loads with 7 cows with their calves on each load = 63 cows with 63 calves.  
Rooster Flats - Pheasant Forever land - the cows keep the trees and grass down to make it better for nesting for the pheasants. They were so happy to get off the dirt in the yard and to have green grass to eat instead of the feed.  
Off to help keeping the land in better shape.  

Closing up the electric fence.
Showing us the huge pasture with Meadow Creek out of it's banks - they will never run out of water.  
Happy cows and calves off for months on grass. 
Meadow creek 

Looks like those 63 pairs will have a summer adventure in all this new pasture land with lots of water and trees and grass.  There will be plenty of shade with all the trees!  
He ate the whole thing!  
Pheasant Roosters... we heard a few crow while we were there with our 3 loads yesterday.  
Off with another load.  Today there is talk of more going out to the pasture here behind our house and another one.  
Luke showing me the beautiful rosary her made while at a fieldtrip at Schoenstatt in Sleepy Eye.  I told him that his mom and sisters went there for girl's camps for years.  I was determined for my girls to see nuns in habits and know that this was a beautiful option for them.  Coming back from camp with Susan when she was about 10 or so, she told me that she thought she would be a nun.  Years later she joined The Community of the Lamb in France in 2008!  

I am so excited to send two of our granddaughters this year to their first Schoenstatt Camp!  11 year old Rose Again and her best buddy, 10 year old Bernadette!  I know they will love it!  So many prayers and hopes for them to consider this beautiful option of the Lord calling them to be his Bride!
I just received this from Paul letting me know that they want to stay at the Parsonage on the 28th and would like us to come and share with them about The Community of the Lamb and our nun daughter, Little Sister Hallel!  This gives me such JOY as I too discerned a call right when my family was coming into The Catholic Church 51 years ago.  I have been told that we have our nun because of my own discerning a call.  Time to time I am allowed by my Lord to have some "nun time" when I spend time with our daughter in KCK or in France!  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!  

Out to do the 25 laying hens this morning and had to get a selfie with the apple blossoms!  
Yes, I have  a little red barn that is in bad need of paint this summer.  

The final line of the Gospel today made me reflect upon how "your grief will become Joy."  John 16 
This was very true for me and continues to be in my childbearing years where we had great hopes to be blessed with a large family as I am the oldest of 11 and Pat is the middle of 10.  I made a big impression on my doctor, who was the planned parenthood doctor in town when I told him that I wanted to have 12 children when I went in for my first pregnancy.  As it turned out the next one was a miscarriage, and in total I had 7 losses with 5 children over the next 12 years.  Lots of grief in those years!

Yet, from those losses we shared as a family came so much JOY!  We so value each other knowing how precious LIFE is!  We all are deeply Pro LIFE as a result of knowing each little one lost was a life and continues to be a life in heaven for us to meet someday.  They keep our eyes on heaven and feel their prayers for their family.  We strive to stay on the narrow path and be united with our entire family there someday - heaven forever with Jesus, Mary, the Saints, and our family!  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 
There is smoke in the air from fires in Canada, and this pink sun is a result over the roof of our wonderful church - here in Marshall.
This by Pope Benedict XVI is sharing JOY in the midst of the terrible trials - "St Maximilian Kolbe's singing as he was being starved to death in a Nazi prison..."  Soon he was united with Jesus and intercedes for us now from heaven!  This is where we can truly see how grief may become JOY!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 plus many Little Sisters and Little Brothers


People sometimes ask why I post about ministry on social media. What’s my goal?
Well, growing up, I never knew how incredible the priesthood was. I didn’t get it… and now I wonder: Why didn’t anyone tell me how amazing this is?
What a priest gets to do. What a priest gets to BE. There’s so much joy. So much depth. So much meaning. This is the greatest way to live a life. I can’t believe this exists.
So maybe I didn’t hear it, but I’m going to make sure young men hear it now.
Being a priest is incredible and I’m going to tell the world.

Love this from Fr David Michael!



St Pascal Baylon
Spain - 16 May 1540- 17 May 1592
Franciscan lay Brother
Defender of the Eucharist
Patron of Eucharistic Congresses
and Associations
Feast Day - May 17
 
St Pascal, pray for us!




Zach Williams 
Danielle Rose Wonderfully made



 

No comments:

Post a Comment