Sunday, May 7, 2023

"We too get to turn love into LIFE"/I am the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE/May parties - Birdie and St Barbara - +JMJ+

Celebrating Birdie Barbara's 3rd birthday yesterday - a few days early.  Such a special gift from her Schmidt grandparents - a St Barbara statue!  How Birdie loved it!  She was royalty and put in a tower by her father when she wanted to marry Jesus.  
Birdie giving her a hug, and soon she took it up to her room and placed it gently and reverently next to the St Jude statue given to Jude by my brother and his wife some years back.  
Birdie and I share St Barbara and know that she will always be special to us on our journeys!  She is the prototype of the fairy tale - Rapunzel in the tower that lowers her hair.  So beautiful and special indeed! 
After mass today - 6 year old Joy holding her baby cousin, Lucy Marie, who had just been taking a nap on her grandpa Pat's big shoulder.
Rose and David serving today with Paul lectoring on this 5th Sunday of Easter.  Yes. Easter is a 50 day season!  Today's reading from the Gospel of John 14 is so great and Fr Denny preached on the words of Jesus to us - Jesus said to him, I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him."  John 14

Fr Denny to us - "Jesus is the entire Truth- who we are and what we are meant to do."  "Jesus is LIFE and we are new and better people with the help of the Holy Spirit."  "Jesus is the Way so that we can call God our Father/Abba."
Grandma and Lucy in pink with the birthday balloon.
Regina with an ice cream sandwich- strawberry too! 
Spoiling the Delano grandkids after I was blessed with their School mass and grandparents day and then praying with 7 Sisters for Fr Denny at their church set aside for Adoration - so beautiful! 
Mary at a college visit at the U of M with her dad while I was in Delano at Grandparents day at the Catholic School!
Cute alert - they picked me up and we returned back to the farm together.
May crowning of Mary before mass - Bernadette with 2 preschoolers she was in charge of.  All had flowers for Mary the Mother of God and all of us - as John says - "Mom there is a better mom than you."  And I 100% agree with him!  
Such a beautiful church!  A slice of heaven on earth!  
Regina Maria means Queen Mary visiting her namesake with oceans of flowers to show our love for her! 
Visiting Josephine's classroom.  She is in first grade and will be 7 in a few days! 
Oldest Augustine is in 5th grade.  I visited 5 of the 7 classrooms!  So blessed to have such a wonderful school for all my grandkids including those here in Marshall!  My military grandkids are getting a wonderful Catholic homeschool education thanks to their wonderful mom.  Oldest Therese is attending Catholic High School on line.  
An hour of prayer for Fr Denny with 7 Sisters in this stunning heavenly place just a couple blocks away.  Touches of spring everywhere with the 5th week of Easter continuing to share the Way the Truth and the LIFE - Jesus Christ is alive and living in our lives!  
The Risen Christ!  
My cup overflows with such a powerful and prayerful time and then family time with Nancy's wonderful family until Paul and Mary came to pick me up and then back to the farm.  
Joy and Tom playing the piano that we had in our home so that the girls and John could learn to play.  It did not happen, but still hopes for the grandkids to possibly learn to play.  
One more for good measure and to record really well the cuteness.
Singing Happy Birthday to the Verly girl - Birdie Barbara, who so looks like my girls! 
Maria sent pictures of Maggie with her first pig tales - and so they look like them.  She will be 2 on Friday!  It is a big week for granddaughter's birthdays!  Tuesday will be Birdies, Wednesday will be Josephines, and Friday will be Magdalene's!   
From the front - soon to be birthday girl!  A year ago the day after her first birthday she had very scary skull surgery in Seattle.  Making her skull so that it would expand with her brain.  She sailed through it with prayers and help from both grandmas and lots of meals from a meal train.  A outpouring once again from the military CCW!  Young women in the military CCW!  
A beautiful bouquet from Bobbi last week when I had Lucy for a day.  She was so good!  
Now a wedding shower for a TEC friend - their dog in the theme!
8 years ago the only Mary in the Catholic School crowning her namesake.  Always have her close to you on your journey, Mary.  Ask Jesus to show you the path and plan he has for you alone.  I told her on the way home from her tour of the U of M that I pray that she will consider a call to religious life along with all the other options she has.  It is such a good call, if He is calling  her!
10 year old Mary with her namesake.
6 years ago when Hallel had her home visit to the farm.  All 15 grandkids at that time including the 3 girls that year.  We are now at 23 grandkids with new Lucy Marie, who will be 4 months next week.
Ruth handing out graduation invites to "the 8a mass friends."  They have Simon graduating and 6 younger including Thomas Robert, who is 1 1/2 this month on the 19th.  
St Teresa of Calcutta today is so clear on prayer, and how we "cleave to Jesus in prayer."  
This is so rich and beautiful by Pope Benedict XVI who I have no doubt is on the path to Sainthood!  Such wonderful sweet words about Mary and The Church!  
Much to ponder here thanks to Bishop Barron!  
The daily struggle is REAL!  Our Lady with us each day is so True and REAL and nothing more helpful to me as a woman.

I kind of cringe at all the baby bump pictures that are professionally taken these days.  Here is on of me in the barn pregnant with Nancy in 1982.  Popping out of my coveralls!  

I just read a most wonderful article in Catholic Answers - Five Reasons Why Sex is a Big Deal by Todd Aglialoro

It was very wonderful and truthful.  I was especially excited to read about how "Sex makes us co creators with God."  God is love, and everything in the universe exists because he, in the boundless outpouring of his love, brought it into being from nothing and keeps it in being.  He turns love into LIFE, and through the gift of sex he allows us to do the same.  We become his partners, his co-creators, in the act of marital love, calling down the divine spark of life and bringing into being new little images and likenesses of God.  These new beings will never cease to exist, and they share in the glorious destiny of intimate union with the faithful Bridegroom.  WE TOO GET to TURN LOVE into LIFE.

Wow!  I am so filled with awe at this and also reminded that I was so determined that every marital embrace was open to LIFE!  OPEN to LIFE and Raising LIGHTS is the motto of our domestic Church/family!  Yes, I have 7 in heaven, but they keep our eyes on getting to heaven to meet them, as well as makes us appreciate the 5 that we are blessed with to share our lives with here on earth! 

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 

4 months in a few days, and so very sweet is our newest grandchild, Lucy Marie - her name means LIGHT!  
t
Tom making her smile!  
Rose, Lucy and Tom sharing time together.  
Loving her Sacred heart pacifier!  Jesus loves you with all his heart sweet girl!  
Joy and Lucy/LIGHT after sharing mass as a family on this glorious spring 5th Sunday of Easter!  How we love to gather for all the celebrations of Spring/May the month devoted to Mary the Mother of heaven and earth.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 plus many Little Sisters and little Brothers!  
"Today I have received Jesus, and now I possess Him entirely
in my miserable soul...." - St Gemma Galgani
 



An excerpt from a letter of St Gemma,
happily describing her First Communion Day
to her Spiritual Director, Fr Gernamus Ruoppolo, C.P:

"I prepared myself, with much work on the part of those good nuns,
for my general Confession.  I made it in three sessions to Msgr. Volpi.
I finished it on Saturday, the vigil of that happy day.

Finally, Sunday morning came. 
I arose early and ran to Jesus for the first time.
At last my desires were realized.  I understood for the first time
the promise of Jesus: 'He who eats of Me shall live of My life.'

Dear Father, I do not know how to tell what passed
between Jesus and me at that moment.
 Jesus made Himself felt very strongly by my poor soul.
I understood at that moment that the delights of heaven
are not like those of the earth.  I felt myself overcome by the
desire to render that union with my God continual. 
I felt weary of the world more and more,
and more disposed to recollection.
It was that same morning that Jesus gave me
the great desire to be a religious."

St Gemma Galgani
1878-1903
Patron Saint of Children and First Communion
St Gemma received her First Holy Communion (age 9) on June 17, 1887,
which was the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus that year.

g423 Santa Gemma Galgani, una piedra preciosa ¿Para encontrar la media naranja?

In a few weeks Dominic Patrick will be receiving his First Communion.  Next year his sister, Josephine Francis!  











Danielle Rose 

Salve Regina - gregorian chant
Just like Hallel and The Community of the Lamb!  LOVE!

O God beyond all praising - the BEST!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment