Fr Denny lifting up the Body and Blood of Jesus - "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world." LOVED to share mass with a nun - Mary Morning Star sister.
Many thoughts of my sister, Mary, who died from cancer in 1986 leaving behind her husband and 20 month old daughter, Audery. Her wedding anniversary was Memorial weekend - May 26 and I brought a bouquet of Lilly of the Valley to her wedding...
I picked a bouquet of Lilly of the Valley on the way into mass, and discovered that a friend's mother died yesterday, so it just seemed to be right to give her the bouquet, as it felt right to give the one yesterday to a friend, who was having her 53rd wedding anniversary.
Today the words of Christ Jesus are shared by St Paul in Acts 20 - "...And now I commend you to God
and to that gracious word of his that can build you up
and give you the inheritance among all who are consecrated.
I have never wanted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing.
You know well that these very hands
have served my needs and my companions.
In every way I have shown you that by hard work of that sort
we must help the weak,
and keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus who himself said,
‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
So true although these small bouquets were so tiny and insignificant - they allowed me to express my concern and happiness for my friends with loss and huge milestone of 53 years of marriage. I also see this on a much larger scale in our family motto of being open to life and raising lights. Giving LIFE to children calls upon us to give of our time, energy and resources to raise them as LIGHTS - dying to self so that we may give without counting the cost!
My 3rd bouquet arrived at home with me this morning, and beckoned to a picture I knew I had of Mary and Jerry in the manure spreader after they were married. Yes, Mary married her farmer after living with me while I was pregnant with my 2nd and was on bedrest due to toxemia. She fell in love with the farm and then found her farmer - two city girls on the farm.
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
Mary with her Audrey - she left her due to lymphoma cancer when Audrey was 20 months old. Audrey is now married with 2 daughters of her own, and I have no doubt that Mary is praying and interceding for them from heaven.I have been texting with my sister, Marty, who shared the same Anniversary with Mary. Marty and Steve will be celebrating their 50th anniversary in 2 days! Congratulations to them!
It seems that I must always take 3 of something to do it justice. Jerry has remarried years ago, to a wonderful widow, whose husband drowned in the river. She added 5 children to Jerry and Audrey's family.
As I was sharing the small bouquet with my friend that just lost her mother yesterday after they had shared the rosary together - the flowers' name - Lilly of Valley - led to the prayer we share at the end of the Rosary - the Hail Holy Queen - "the Valley of Tears". They represent Our Lady welcoming her into heaven as Francis loved Our Lady, Her Church and her Rosary! It just seemed to special and appropriate.
Salve Regina - Hail Holy Queen as sung by the Dominicans including our nun, Little Sister Hallel! They sing this at night prayer each night and it is the most beautiful sound! Angels singing to Our Spiritual Mother!
Evangaline Mary in Charlottesville water coloring grandma and grandpa. Soon she will be here and we will for sure have to watercolor together ! I love that she is carrying on my love for painting.
Oh Evie! The one she painted yesterday of John and family - love to see little Lucy in the stroller.
St Mother Teresa said it so well! How did human babies become expendable and unwanted over pets? So wrong!
Visiting Our Lady, Mother of God, on my way out of Church - Beautiful "Valley of Lilly Tears"
Lord and Lady, you bless our journey in such a special way. Mom and dad and Mary along with my infant brother Lincoln, my 7 children, and 6 grandchildren... a Communion of Saints surrounding me in prayer and helping me to stagger down the narrow path carrying/dragging my Most Cherished Cross with heaven as my goal. Jesus, I trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 including many Little Brothers and Little Sisters
Love Mr Rogers - he was certainly kind. May we be kind and loving and forgiving as Jesus is to us to our spouses and all those around us.
Yes! A lady was sharing that she got her seeds planted. "When you are planting over 2,000 acres it is a bit different... we are celebrating that we got the crop in yesterday! Praise the Lord and bless the farmers and keep them safe!
My mom's painting of Michigan where my sister and hubby are heading for their 50th! Tom in big shoes
Kindergartener Joy reading to grandma!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment