Leaving Rochster after dark... on the day marking a year since John and I had lived there for 5 weeks for his stem cell transplant... we wanted to swing by and see it again... more lights this year and still lit! A sign of the hope and healing that it represents for us - leaving town with the Good News - A Year without cancer! Our most cherished cross is now a part of our lives with the new John after cancer and continued healing... Show us your path, O Lord!
Reading morning prayer with a gravely and faultering voice - yet feeling a bit better than yesterday... The message was powerful - "The Lord himself will fight for you; you have only to keep still." Ex 14:14 Such an amazing reminder to us! With my voice failing and heading off to a prayerful retreat with the Little Sisters when I sit in my chair quietly by the shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe... I think that the Lord is calling me to that inner place of calmness and quiet!
I am filled with awe and ask the Lord to keep me from making others sick. Last night in my feeling of wretchedness... reading the Gospel for today when the crowds follow after him bringing their sick on mats, and believing that they would be healed by merely touching "only the tassel on his cloak; and as many as touched were healed." Mark 6:53-56 I could imagine my family taking me to Him and reaching out to Him - healing Lord, so that I can be strong for my daughter when she needs me.
"By waiting and by calm you shall be saved, in quiet and in trust your strength lies." Isaiah 30: 15 These words speak for themselves, and I yearn for that time spent in the quiet presence of our God!
Some of my mom's artwork... This speaks of our journey into the Church - finding the Truth - the Treasure - Our Home!
Our growing up years... Jesus, I call to you from the depths of my soul... allow me to have the strength I need to see this journey ahead to completion. Thank you for the gift of the Community in our lives, as well as the journeys of our children as you call them to follow you.
My father as he lifts up our family to the Lord every morning... Our lives are better because of it! Prayer is a power that we all know and believe in!
Jesus... I need you, so I will be still and trust and wait for you to come by... I will reach out and touch you and be healed. Jesus, I trust in you! Amen and Halleluia!A get well card made for me by 4 year old Mary!



No comments:
Post a Comment