Monday, February 14, 2011

St Valentine's HUGS!

Leaving our family of little sisters in Kansas City called for many hugs to show our love and appreciation...We are forever grateful that they are in our lives and I think that they feel also very blessed to have us in theirs... living in a new land and in the process of putting down roots here in the heart of our country - building a little monastery.
So with a heart filled with love for all the blessings poured out upon our family and our country... I will take this time to wish you all a day filled with the knowledge that you are beloved by God... Feel His love for you by reading the story of his love and forgiveness in the Prodigal Son - Luke 15: 11-32... Such a glorious Love story!  Or the story of His death for us on the cross - hard but the True Story of LOVE!  If you want to focus on the JOY then I would suggest the Wedding at Cana where he turns many gallons of water into wine!  Or the parables of the Bridesmaids that are ready to go into the wedding feast with the Bridegroom when He comes unexpectedly!  Matt 25: 1-13
We want and need to be waiting with a heart filled with LOVE for Christ coming to us each day in those around us - especailly within those closest to us  - Our Families!  As Father reminded us in the homily last night directed towards those of us that are married - "Put the other one first, and I think that marriages would be in much better positions of health and love." 
Jesus, we thank you for this day devoted to our showing others that we love them and care for them in a most special and REAL way! May our love and devotion and service carry over to each new day, and fill us with the desire to do all for the other with no thought of ourselves or without counting the cost!  May we mark the foreheads of all our loved ones this day with a small sign of the cross of LOVE and say, "Bless-bless, I love you."  Jesus, we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb           Patrick, my most cherished Cross - I love you with all my heart, soul, mind and spirit!
Bless-bless, to my family - I love you!
“[L]et us love not in word or speech but in deed and truth"

No comments:

Post a Comment