Saturday, June 20, 2015

A heart shaped puddle - me!

After a night of rain I put on my rubber boots and headed out to check the rain gage... after praying morning prayer with my husband, Pat.  My heart was ringing like a bell over the many accolades given to The Blessed Virgin Mary on this day devoted to her each week - Saturday!  I also had the fresh feeling of tears as they leapt to my eyes as I prayed for John on this anniversary weekend of his brain cancer 6 years ago.  "Thank you for allowing John to stay here with us and make us laugh."  This is so true for me... I teased him at breakfast that I laugh at him, but he is such an element of JOY in each day and most often I find myself laughing freely when we are sharing insights into our shared lives here on the farm! 

As I left the rain gage I found myself drawn to my Mary garden after proclaiming things like this in prayer - The Holy Name of Mary is powerful.  The tradition of the Church and the teaching of the Magisterium urge us to frequent recitation of the Hail Mary and the rosary.  By keeping the name of Mary on our lips, we show our devotion to her.  Mary's mantle is always present to protect those who are her own.  The Blessed Virgin Mary is the pinnacle of God's creation.  She is the most perfect, the greatest, the holiest human being ever to live.  When we repeat her name, we greatly honor God her Creator.  Mary never keeps any glory for herself.  Her soul magnifies the Lord. (Luke 1:46)  How does that make you feel?  Drawn to Mary?  Yes!

As I was admiring Mary this morning... I looked over to see a heart shaped puddle after the new rain!  How amazing to see that this art of nature sharing the deep sentiment of LOVE in my heart for this woman above all women in heaven, who walks this journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT with me each moment of each day.  If I am anxious and worried and down - she holds me close and shows me by her example that I can die to self so that the Holy Spirit may bring LIFE to the world around me as she models for me in her life.
 The lone pig on our place - we are a beef farm!  I am a heart shaped puddle with tears always close at hand happy or sad!  How I was filled with wonder and awe to see this display of LOVE for The Blessed Mother this early morn!
 The grandkids are here so I want to go out and show them this natural wonder of JOY!
 Jesus, with Mary at your side - I love you and thank you for loving me without end and showing mercy to me a sinner.  May I in turn give that to all around me this day!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
The model of my Faith/Family/Farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment