The most humble ones I know are my Hallel and her Community of the Lamb! This comes to mind today with the Gospel root of our Communion response - Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed. These are the words of the centurion in the Gospel today - Matthew 8 except he says "servant" instead of my soul, but aren't we all His servant? Yes!
Hallel with her arms full from Dominic.
I can look at Susan/Hallel and see how embracing poverty and depending on divine providence to care for them... going out to beg for their food and representing Christ knocking on the door of the poor. The first time she went on a mission with the Community in the summer heat in Kansas City... she said that it was the hardest thing she had ever done, but yet it touched her very deeply and profoundly. It must have because a year later, when they opened their house in Kansas City, she flew to France to enter - Sept 11, 2008!
I know that I am not worthy, and that Jesus filling me with his Spirit is how I can find true happiness and a small slice of heaven here on earth. It seems quite contrary to die to self and become humble in order to truly find yourself and your path and your ability to serve others without counting the cost!
Jesus, help me this day as I serve those at the nursing home. May I truly humbly serve. I fail miserably in my domestic Church/home, but I ask forgiveness and try again knowing that I have been shown your Mercy and now need to return that to those closest to me. May all that we need to accomplish these days at home allow us to leave for some family vacation and enjoy our close family time! Safe travels for Ruth and Paul and their 5 as they start out today. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Hallel called us on the phone as we were leaving the strawberry patch... John, Ruth and I got to hear her voice and catch up on each other's lives. She sounded happy and it is good to be able to share with her from time to time. She is always with me in my heart, mind and soul. We know of her constant prayers as they are contemplative/in prayer throughout the day with mass and adoration and mendicating/chewing The Word!
their lamps are lit!
The Bridesmaids with their lamps lit for the coming of their Bridegroom! The Word comes to LIFE!
No comments:
Post a Comment