Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dropped from heaven?

Suddenly all these pictures appeared on my computer as if from heaven... then I saw the small devise sticking out of the side of my computer.  Ruth's camera does take beautiful and amazing pictures and it was such a gift to see them last night, so I will be using some today along with some from the cattle going out yesterday.

There have been 3 grandsons added since this was taken over 2 years ago now.  I love the beautiful setting in the small Ghent Catholic Church where we had gone to find a mass on Saturday for Hallel and our family to share.  Daily mass is a most important part of Hallel's LIFE and LOVE for her spouse, Jesus!  It worked out for me to get to mass last night before I worked at Birthright.  It was wonderful to see so many there for a daily mass- young and old and us in between.  I have to take in Simon for a half hour of reading this morning along with his two youngest sibs, and I am toying with stopping in to say "hi!" to Jesus in adoration with the 3 of them for as long as they will give me there.  My Tuesday time with Jesus is so important to me!  The best hour I spend all week, and the thought of introducing these 3 to this special presence and importance and PRAYER beyond the normal is very tempting to me.  We will see how it all works out with a 10 year old, 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old to deal with, and then there is the 6 year old we need to get home for when he gets off the bus from summer school at noon.  Mary will be going with mom and dad to Pipestone to sell some cows, hence the grandma time.
It is fun to let these two share some farm experiences together... some of my fondest memories with Pat are going in the pickup to sales with him... usually with a little one in the carseat between us.  Today it will be 9 year old Mary along with them, and she is a farmgirl through and through.
 
In the first reading today from Tobit - I am reminded of the dynamics of family with the mishap of Tobit's blindness and his mistrust of his wife, and her frustration with him and harsh words.  Don't we all face those frustrations in our domestic Church/family?  Yes, the ups and downs of life are challenging.  My mom was so hopeful that dad would be coming home yesterday, and suddenly he came down with a temp and not feeling well, so a monkey wrench was thrown into the works.  I just talked to them and the offer is on the table for me to come and be their nursing home nurse.  Time will tell. 
Saying goodbye to the cattle yesterday.  They had 15 months from birth to fully fed out for feeding the world. 













Blending the new and the old in the journey of Faith/Family/Farm!  Jesus, we place our lives in your hands- after all you are in control and we aren't.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment