I know it's late for planting flowers...I thought I would just use seeds this year. They came up but we are due to have a big rain tomorrow, so I got some reduced flowers to throw in. Just as I was out there... Ruth showed up with her 5 kids, and suddenly I had willing help planting...
And watering my new lilies by the bird bath.
David ponders my telling him that now that I am old and my kids are all gone and grow up that I don't have help any more. It is so delightful to have him tending lovingly to the flowers planted in my Mary garden. Much more tender care than grandma gives them. Ruth shared that from her perspective kids helping sometimes slows her down and she wishes for less in tow. I can remember that feeling now that she mentions it.
Next watering them... rain if forecasted maybe up to 3 inches tomorrow!The peonies are in full bloom
It will be interesting to see if my kid help will make the flowers grow more beautifully than I usually manage. Bless-bless, Barb
Flowers for Our Lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment