Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"the road that leads to LIFE." Matthew 7:14

 Rose and Luke will arriving shortly to spend the afternoon with grandma... I am in a bit of a state with the comings and goings of life.  Many times I feel like I am on the shore of a huge body of water and the waves are coming and going and at times crashing over me! 
Bonnie Pickford's photo.
I hope it is OK that I borrow this picture - this is how I feel when the waves of LIFE swamp me.  I see my Jesus reach down and pull me up and I attempt to follow him - walking on the water with courage and grace.  Today in the Gospel Jesus tells us that the path is difficult - How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life.  And those who find it are few.  (Matthew 7)  How do we know that we are one of the few that are on the right path?  By dying to self so that the Spirit may dwell in us and just as this amazing picture portrays... when Jesus takes us by the hand and pulls us out of the deep waters of the craziness of our lives - then we know we are on the right path and we are led through the narrow gate.  It's hard and not easy for sure!
 I love these group popsicle pictures - Rose and Luke just had their mid morning icy here and it is a right of summer to have those in your grandma freezer at all times!  Ruth has a beautiful porch to keep the sticky icy drips out of her house as well as the watermelon juice... I now have the shop! 
Lilly the dog waits for a drop or a lick when they are not looking!
Wretched's photo.
So frustrating when things are so mixed up in the thinking of the world!  Doesn't this just make you shake and scratch your head and feel defeated and down and discouraged and sad for the state of affairs in this world?  How can LIFE not be recognized as LIFE among our human race?  I feel equally discouraged by all the hoopla you hear and see and read about protecting and rescuing animals while human life is murdered in the womb!  Not that animals are not wonderful and deserve our care of them, but it seems that the same people that are overboard with animal rights are pro-choice and do not consider the rights of the unborn from conception on! 
This sight gives me great JOY and HOPE!  How my spirit longs for this, yet I must admit that I do struggle with the poverty piece of this life.  When I am with the Community of the Lamb for a few days... I miss my cushions on chairs and comfortable couch and bed.   It is humbling to realize that much of the world does not have those comforts either, and that we are quite indulged here in the U.S.  What do I long for?  I long for the time spent in contemplative prayer each day, having The Eucharist and Adoration each day, and being one with Christ in such a radical way!  I have come to realize that I have my Susan/Little Sister Hallel because of my considering "a call." It is so amazing to have her living the LIFE I longed for a new Catholic at 20 years old.  As a matter of fact, my call led me to enter The Church with my entire family 43 years ago!  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
 I long for this time today... it looks like it is not to be, but I will carve out my time of prayer after lunch with rosary in hand and Mary taking me to Jesus in my heart and soul! 
 
Lord Jesus, it is so hard to let go and let God in my life.  I so long to get my entire family together to share our vacation and it looks like there will be a lot of coming and going and some not even able to come!  It will be a year all unto it's own and I am seeing that it could be more relaxed and fine and according to your plan and not mine!  Each day brings with it some new challenges and struggles - may I die to self and serve without counting the cost.  May I reach out for your hand when I am overwhelmed by the waves of life crashing over me.  May I be a beacon of the LIGHT of Truth when it comes to LIFE being valued and protected from conception to natural death.  May we be open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS for the world!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Maria has shared that it is 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity in NC - so it looks like the pool and sprinkler in the yard will keep the kids cool and happy!
Patrick is a fish - we will miss you in Michigan this year!
Therese is ready for swimming lessons and loves to cool off in the pool!
Sprinkler fun - playing lifeguard!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image result for image quotes of the saints
Talk about contrary to the world!
Yes, we must be merciful as Jesus is with us!
Danielle Rose - wonderfully made
Vocation Discernment!
Walk on water

No comments:

Post a Comment