I was struck by the specialness of wearing the earings of my mother in law with the pearl necklace John bought for me at a cancer event...
"Mom, I wanted to thank you for all you did for me during my battle against brain cancer." How I love my necklace and think of my dear mother-in-law when I wear the only piece of jewelry of hers that I wanted and use! The rose colored pillow seems a perfect backdrop on this Laetare Sunday/Rejoice Sunday as we are half way to Easter and through Lent!
Father John and Deacon Mike in their rose vestments for this rejoice Sunday! It was a gift to share mass with my parents and my former brother in law, Jerry, and wife, Cathy... the tears of memory stung my eyes at the end of mass today recalling my sister, Mary, who would have been 60 years old on St Patrick's day in a week. She died of cancer at 28 on July 3, 1986.
The Body and Blood held up for us!!! Yes, we love you Jesus in your Word and Eucharist! We have reason to rejoice!!!
A drink and visit about Faith matters before our "Sunday dinner."
Sunday Dinner is engrained into my life, and I do it at home too for my family in whatever shape it is from one season of life to the next. Our current family is John living with us, but soon that will be coming to an end with his marriage on June 2nd.
Mom's wonderful family Sunday dinner in the dining room today after sharing Laetare 4th Sunday of Lent Mass!
Rejoice, O Jerusalem: and come together all you that love her: rejoice with joy, you that have been in sorrow: that you may exult, and be filled from the breasts of your consolation. (Psalm) I rejoiced at the things that were said to me: we shall go into the house of the Lord.Glory be to the Father.
My mother in law's earrings with the necklace John got for me to signify the gratitude for the time I took to help him fight the battle for his life against brain cancer.
It was an emotional morning at mass I visited with Gerry, Mary's dairy farmer husband, with his wife Cathy. Mary has been gone 32 years now and would have been 60 years old on St Patrick's Day in a week! I found the tears close and when I got into the car with mom and dad after mass... they flowed. It all started with thinking about my mother in law, who died on Gaudete Sunday a year and a half ago. Then to be so close to Mary...she was there in spirit all around me at mass as her birthday is almost upon us and Gerry and I talked about their daughter, Audrey, who is so happy with her beautiful baby girl!!! Life is a mystery and a gift and is hard and wonderful from one season to the next. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke

The "rose" Sundays are powerfully with me this day!
"But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ."
-Ephesians 2:4-5
-Ephesians 2:4-5
Jaci Velasques - God so loved the world












No comments:
Post a Comment