Mary is so lucky to have an aunt that is a nun in The Community of the Lamb! Giving your all to Christ as his bride is a wonderful option indeed, and I know that Mary will have that in her options as she looks to Jesus for the plan he has for her alone.
Mary looking over her script for storytelling last night at Speech spotlight!
I had the joy of French braiding her hair and sitting and listening to her do a wonderful job with The Emperor's New Clothes. It was great to hear her incorporate her siblings in the intro and the actual story... Simon and David were the weavers, who played a trick on the emperor.
Mary is rich in her siblings and family life on the farm! It is wonderful to hear her weave it into her storytelling with voices and actions to add to the specialness. Like her Uncle John before her... she has fallen in love with speech and there is nothing better to prepare her for life ahead!
Grandma always taking pictures... I am so thrilled with the wonderful young woman she is becoming! "Mary is such a nice girl." Grandpa Pat says all the time when he sees her caring for her baby sister and being in charge around the house. Your future is bright sweet Mary, and your light shines bright for all to see!!!
My dad spending time with Bobbi and Evangeline Mary... telling her that he is great-grandpa #1...
My dad will celebrate his 93rd birthday in 3 days. I just talked to my mom and it sounds like the excitement is building around there. My brother, Dan, shares birthdays with dad and there are plans for a wonderful meal put on by his wonderful wife, Angela, for tonight.
Also they are planning for either Dan or my brother, Jim, who were both in the Navy to help my dad get out to DC for a Veteran's gathering in April! Talk about a huge undertaking and once in a lifetime! And when your lifetime spans 93 years that is saying something, right? Wow!!!
St Katharine Drexel feast day today and the Gospel is The Prodigal Son... where to start? Speaking of the Cross.... this quote by St Katharine...
"The patient and humble endurance of the cross - whatever nature
it may be - is the highest work we have to do."- St Katherine Drexel
This is so true!! The Patient and humble part is truly hard, because the cross tends to be difficult, scary, excruciating to our pride, humbling, painful, terrifying... a lot of hard things to be patient with and humbly endure. Looking at John and Patrick's stories - I see that the hundreds of prayers surrounding them and how we were all brought to our knees... allowed them to find places of peace, patience, TRUST, and ability to endure their Cross!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
Nancy and Bill and family, including stillborn son Maximilian, a few days after Thanksgiving. What about the Crosses that come to us when we say "yes" to life and each day of our marriage?
Nancy has had a profound experience of Mary, the Mother of God, touching her at this most painful time, and now yearns to help others find this wonderful Mother to all! What can be better than a loving caring Mother when we face the hard things that come each day to us? She brings us to her Son and to The Church! LOVE!
"O Mary, make me endeavor, by all the means in my power,
to extend the kingdom of your Divine Son and offer incessantly
my prayers for the conversion of those who are yet in darkness
or estranged from His fold." - St Katharine Drexel
St Katharine understood this, too!I shared with a member of the family today, who informed me of her new grandson due in June... how excited I am to place him in he monstrance with Jesus for the first time! I do the litany of our 2 families, over 200 now, and place each one by name there with Jesus and pray for them. So powerful!
'My son, you are here with me always;
everything I have is yours.
But now we must celebrate and rejoice,
because your brother was dead and has come to life again;
he was lost and has been found.'"
Only in Luke 15 do we have the amazing story of forgiveness and Mercy - the Prodigal Son! At the end of my litany I repeat these words; "Jesus and Mary, I love you. Save Souls." Lord, hear my prayer! How I pray that the lost may find Jesus and His Bride, The Church, and then be able to bear their crosses with patient humble endurance with the goal of being forever in heaven with Jesus, Mary, St Katharine and all the Saints!
Jesus in The Word feeds me each day, and today I am reminded of Jesus's unconditional LOVE and forgiveness for me!
Jesus, how I love you with all that I have. May I return all the LOVE and Mercy I have been shown. Jesus, I trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
"Union with God alone gives us life and abundance of life.
We are not sufficient in ourselves." - St Katharine Drexel

Before becoming a saint, Katharine Drexel was an heiress from Philadelphia who used her wealth to serve the poor and eventually gave up worldly possessions to pursue the greatest treasure of all - Our Lord in the Eucharist.




Earth and sky united in this image
Discerning a vocation song






No comments:
Post a Comment