Thursday, August 23, 2018

"I promise unto death!" Unworthy yet invited to the wedding feast of the son of the King!

Our children being together in one spot is the best gift to me of anything I could ever imagine, and being in France together was a miracle of mountainous proportions indeed.

Here in the Holy Family grass surrounded by trees for shade we shared meal after meal with our family... the day of her perpetual vows there were our 18 plus more friends and family!
19 with Hallel in our midst!

The 7 youngest have now been reunited with their families as they spent the time away with each of their other grandparents!  We total 26 and are expecting 2 more to join us in March!  How powerful was sharing the experience of Hallel's powerful strong declaration of her vows - "I promise unto death!" 
Missing two - a brother that missed the picture and a cousin of Pat's from Northern France... Hallel also had friends from KC and her college days at St Thomas there to support her and to be blessed by the beauty of their prayer, liturgies, adoration, mass and of course sharing leisurely meals and dishes!
A selfie of Pat and I in the Trinity Cathedral after Vespers and Adoration in the evening... we are aglow in the Spirit that permeates us in His Presence so recognized in Spirit and in Truth!  I was able to put our huge families in the monstrance with Jesus one by one... together both of our families are well over 200!!!
Hallel took us on a tour of Saint Pierre and we stopped to visit the first little Sister to pass away in the last year at age 98 - Little Sister Reginald.  Hallel cared for her for a couple years and weeps at her loss as she became very close to her.  My daughter, who shows little emotion, came so close to her as she cared for her physical needs much like our experience with Pat's mother over the last 2 years of her life on hospice!
Gathered around the first Saint of the Community that is now praying for them from heaven!  So powerful to know that this prayer warrior is now praying and assisting them from heaven!
Hallel with her lamb shortly after her perpetual vows... "I felt very unworthy and like it would not really be happening to me.  I thought that I would kneel in front of Little Sister Marie and she would reject me and say that I was not ready to receive Jesus.  She didn't turn me away and now it is up to the Community to help me along the journey.  It really happened!!!"

The Gospel today of the wedding feast The King gave for his son..., 'The feast is ready,
but those who were invited were not worthy to come.
Go out, therefore, into the main roads
and invite to the feast whomever you find.'
The servants went out into the streets
and gathered all they found, bad and good alike,
and the hall was filled with guests..."  Matthew 22

Yes, Lord, we are unworthy of your feast, yet you call us to yourself and we are blessed with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT through your Sacraments and Word!
Lourdes water shared with my wonderful parents this morning along with these prayers from Lourdes...  So amazing to share this after just being there in person less than a week ago!  This water is FRESH and ALIVE with our Faith experience as a family in Lourdes!

Oh ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfortess of the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Look upon me with mercy. When you appeared in the grotto of Lourdes, you made it a privileged sanctuary where you dispense your favors, and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. My loving Mother, obtain my request. I will try to imitate your virtues so that I may one day share your company and bless you in eternity. Amen.
Bobbi celebrated her birthday in Lourdes 6 days ago... the 17th!
Bobbi with cake and candles thanks to Hallel in the rain in Lourdes!  
Our Lady of Lourdes came close to us today as we shared her healing waters and prayers together... my parents and myself.  Mom and I went shopping together for some groceries and agreed that our time together is so special because we share our hearts, minds, and souls... we can enjoy our times together without reservations and disagreements!
Sharing Hallel's vows along with Lourdes... my dad had some health issues which involved a small surgery and tube inserted into his bladder along with his being tethered to a bag once again.  The prayer for healing was much needed and powerful today as we feel we are on the slippery slope with mom and dad's later years.  Dad is 93 and mom is 89... they are a week away from their 69th wedding anniversary!
Rose and Bernadette having lunch across from the Grotto in Lourdes just 6 days ago.  
Rose in Rome this last week!  Maria's family Ruth's family spent about 5 days in Rome!
Gelato time!!!  I want to hear the raves about Gelato, and I am sure we will!
Beautiful 10 year old Therese in Ancient Rome... so powerful after homeschooling study of ancient Rome this last year!
Approaching the Colosseum... much walking I have heard!
The sunflowers were all around... I had just tripped on a thorny vine to get into the field and it ripped my arms... it was very rustic as I have stated before!

"Many are invited, but few are chosen."  the final words from the Gospel today from Jesus to us!  LOVE that we are chosen by him to share in this rich experience of Hallel's call and answer "Yes!" to becoming his spouse and her strong exclamation..."I promise unto death!"
 Therese loves her bread and France gave her bread every day!  Eating with Our Lady of Lourdes and...
Hanging out with Bernadette!
The sick streaming into the Grotto to touch the rock where Our Lady appeared to Bernadette!  I am sitting here with my dad as the home care nurse interviews him to start her visiting him... "Do you smoke?"  "Not yet."  We laughed...

Jesus, how we love you and are so unworthy yet you invite us to the wedding feast of your Son!  His calling of our sweet youngest daughter has filled us with so many blessings and rich experiences shared now with 18 of our family gathered together in France and later in Rome and Lourdes!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bobbi's rainy birthday 30 years was very special indeed!  Talk about a dream come true on many levels!
Augustine and Bernadette heading off to Catholic School in KC yesterday!  First grade and Kindergarten!  Exciting times to grow in Faith and Learning!
Hanging with Our Lady before school at Sacred Heart School!
Dominic and Josephine join them before school!  Now they await their new sibling in March!
Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Image may contain: flower and text

Happy Feast day Ruth Ida Rose and Rose Ida from 5 years ago!
Image may contain: 1 person, text

Image may contain: 1 person, text

No comments:

Post a Comment