The others were off to Rome and Lourdes and I have yet to hear about their time other than it was amazing! I have yet to get the beautiful pictures from Ruth's camera as we have missed each other with my trip up here to help out my parents until I return tomorrow. I have a feeling that a huge applesauce day will face us on Monday!
Little Brother Clement (the only American Little Brother) speaking with some French children after Vespers and Adoration in the Trinity Cathedral one of our last days in Saint Pierre.
Joseph and Maria chatting with Angela in France... Angela stopped in last night and we shared how wonderful it was that we could share Hallel's vows and her LIFE of prayer and dishes and mass and Adoration each day. LOVE!
Time spent in deep prayer yesterday here in Taylors Falls with Jesus! Each Friday I pray for a priest from our parish and all the other intentions including the 200+ in our combined families that I place in the monstrance with Jesus by name! There are mixed feelings that accompany this...
#1 A feeling of sadness at the state of many lives and their lack of love and knowledge of Jesus.
#2 Hope that prayer will make a difference for them and surround them with Mercy and love.
#3 Clinging to Mary and how much she is there for me and cares for us and brings us to her Son...much of my hour + in prayer is spent saying the 10 decades of my rosary for family and others!
I was lifted up and filled with happiness and peace as dad, mom and I joined with morning prayer for this Saturday devoted to The Blessed Virgin Mary, St Louis, St Joseph Calasanz.
United in prayer is the best! We humbly ask for the Lord to minister to our family's needs which are great as we number over 120+! "Jesus and Mary, we love you. Save souls!" Including our own as we know we are sinners and need help carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross down the narrow path to LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Clement cutting a prickly pear for Rose to try for the first time.... not impressed.
The Gospel today ends with..."The greatest among you must be your servant.
Whoever exalts himself will be humbled;
but whoever humbles himself will be exalted." Matthew 23:12
Yes! We certainly see that we are in need of you, O Lord. We are nothing without your love and unconditional forgiveness, which we then need to return to all those around us. It is difficult to face the hardships that come our way and to gracefully embrace the changes and adjustments. Those the closest to us are the most challenging and we let them have our anger and frustrations. May we give without counting the cost. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Missing my brother, Al, from the big picture. Hallel loved her large gathering around her, and ended our time with just Pat, I, John and Bobbi which allowed her to catch up on her rest, too! How we loved the Big Family Times and the more intimate ones too! Our time with Hallel and her Community of the Lamb is deep and powerful, poor and humble too!
A big part of our time was leisurely meals under the trees and then doing dishes with heated water outside. "Prayer and dishes" speak of their lives of spiritual and humble dimensions reaching into the heart! Talk during dishes was lots of kidding and silly at times with these two...
Watching our youngest daughter "I promise unto death" as we sat under the Cross on the hillside of The Green Cathedral in Southern France...
The 80 pints of Salsa we made the day we got back from France - Pat and I!!! Talk about doing something big that I was not really up to, but with his help I could not complain or say "no."

Eeessssh.... What a gut punch this quote is. Does my presence elevate the level of conversation? Do I allow gossip to happen in my presence? St. Louis, pray that I may have the courage to speak out.




No comments:
Post a Comment