Thursday, February 28, 2019

"yields its fruit in due season"/calving begins..."The Grace to be unafraid of Self-Denial"/"salted with fire"

 Getting ready for the big shower for Bobbi on Sunday.. grandma polished up this wonderful glorious  amazing beginning of Ruth and Paul's marriage - in Rome 3 days after their Sacrament of Matrimony here in Marshall!  St JPII blessing their marriage as Paul asked him; "Please bless us with a happy healthy family."  With their 6th child, sweet little Joy reflecting upon this answer to prayer!  Six wonderful healthy happy children, and a marriage in which they share life-giving in word and deed one to the other!
Joy you have been surrounded by prayer and loved always!  

As the Psalm 1 from mass today - " Blessed are they who hope in the Lord."
Ruth and Paul have placed their hope in Jesus and His Bride, The Church!  Their prayers are being answered in a powerful and beautiful way!
 A painting I  did for Ruth's quilt before she left for college in 1998... my answer was at that point revealed to me... I knew all the children I would be given to raise as lights after embracing my Most Cherished Cross, farmer Pat, and receiving the LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT in our marriage/family/domestic Church!

In the distance is a cemetery in which are buried our 7 losses, so this was special way of having us all together.  Therapy indeed for this woman, who shocked my doctor, who happened to be the planned parenthood doctor in town, by telling him boldly at my first prenatal visit with Ruth that I wanted to have 12 children.  With the pain of loss throughout my childbearing years.. How I pleaded with the Lord to let me know what His Plan was for me, but it took 17 years of fertility to finally know the full picture.
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html

Now we are on to the next generation and although I prayed long and hard that they would not have to face the losses... the Lord's plan continues to include the pain of loss, too!  Keeping our eyes on heaven that much more!
Our first calf was born this morning!  A heifer that is large and healthy to face the cold.  How we pray for moderation in the cold and a good season ahead.  Such a familiar pose now for 2019... Pat kneeling and praying with the newborn calf and a hand on the gentle momma cow, too!
Sunday with Hallel and Nancy.. thinking about Hallel and her call to be Christ's!
 I am jumping around today as I am at the farm with the kids while Pat and Ruth are out getting the cow  TV in place...

In reading over the readings with Pat at morning prayer after reading them before bed last night... the meditation of the day addressing the Gospel really caught my heart...  The Grace to be unafraid of self-denial by Venerable Francis Xavier Nguyen Thuan  - how does this address the Gospel which includes the warning to be rid of an eye or an foot of a hand rather than be cast into hell!  It would be extreme self-denial to rid ourselves of something concrete like this or something that is a deep seated sin or indulgence we have given ourselves and made excuses about...
 Hallel using his grandma's ice cream scoop from the farm at lunch after mass!

Venerable Cardinal Nguyen;
A whole stream of public opinion tells the Church to moderate its requirements of sacrifice and renunciation, to lower its expectations of priests, religious, and lay people..  Some people believe that a more lenient attitude, a less demanding way of life, would attract more vocations and believers to the Church.  But experience has shown that this is an illusion.
 2 1/2 year old Josephine helping her Aunt move chairs on Sunday!

I know from Hallel and others we have followed into a "Yes!" to Jesus that they want to wear habits and be set apart and to radically embrace the Gospel of dying to self so that Jesus is in control of their lives!

Cardinal Ngyen continues;
Young people want to give themselves completely, and to become authentic disciples of Christ.  They want an unequivocally evangelical life and detest partial commitments... They are not afraid of self-denial; their only fear is to undervalue the evangelical call, to live a mediocre Christian life...
Lord,
we, the youth of the whole world
turn our eyes toward you, our ideal.
Draw us to yourself.
We offer boundless thanks to you
for what you demand of us.
Thank you for giving us the freedom to choose
and for respecting our human dignity
despite our weakness.
You have saved me, Lord,
and you made me a child of God.
You are not like materialism 
to which people may become slave 
in their hunger for consumption,
and by following the path of false pleasures.
I will follow you alone, Lord.
I accept being a child of God
and embrace all the demands that name entails.  
I am convinced.  I must follow the narrow way- 
the only way that leads to everlasting life.
Cardinal Nguyten Van Thuan (2002) was imprisoned by the Vietnamese government for 13 years.
 Watching grandpa getting ready to put up the wires for cow TV...
 Snow on the deck taller than Joy ... Lord, we pray for better weather for calving!
Up to the waste of Our Lady of the deck... she would look in over Pat and I and our family here, and now our oldest daughter and her farm family are under her loving motherly gaze!  Bless-bless, Barb
A marriage made strong by sacrifice, prayer, and respect!  So beautiful and I learn at their feet!  How I love to learn from my children in ways of Truth and Faith!  It is humbling and amazing at the same time!
Image may contain: one or more people, baby and text

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and text

No photo description available.

Archbishop Joseph Naumann. CNA file photo.My hero for LIFE and bringing The Community of the Lamb into the heart of our country!  Now Hallel has been here for 2 of her 10 years!!!!  So grateful to this man!
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/naumann-praises-federal-rule-that-will-strip-60m-from-planned-parenthood-82261?fbclid=IwAR13ysGiOrWY__QiKGRNnToN00fsS1eiHFnZxXn-V6ne_U3vY5kvgMoHRXQ


No comments:

Post a Comment