Friday, May 24, 2019

"Love one another as I love you"/Simon leaves HRS with Jesus, a prayer, and a song!/Full house!

Simon in the midst of his big wonderful family!  We were all emotional after sharing a last mass with the graduating 8th grade class including Simon, and hearing his sing his last solo with the choir!

Simon's instrument has been his voice and we have been delighted with his bravery and strength in using it so beautifully!  His voice has changed but his gift continues!  Very emotional with tears in my eyes and swelling in my heart to hear his last solo in Catholic School!  Love to see my favorite statue of Our Lady standing there over his shoulder!  She will be the wind beneath your wings dear Simon!

Simon 8 years ago... my how he has grown up and his family has grown to include 5 siblings from 2.  You are very blessed Simon to have many siblings to share your life with.  By far better than anything other than making your Faith your own and loving and following after Jesus and His Bride, The Church.
Simon standing tall in front of the new windows in the chapel that bring in so much light!  You are a light Simon!
Giving his parents a rose of gratitude for his time at this wonderful Catholic School and a hug for each was a special moment.  Sharing mass and receiving Jesus with Simon, the 8th graders and their families was such a powerful and amazing send off as they head off into High School.

Father Mark shared that there is true pride he comes across in our school down the generations!  "When I prepare couples for marriage they show much happiness and pride that they attended school here."  Yes, we are very pleased with how this school helped our children and now grandchildren to learn and grow in their faith and general knowledge!  Pat, his children and now Ruth's children and John and Bobbi's coming too!
Like a calm island in the midst of a shifting sea of Family!  Simon is leading the way to the high school.  Next year Mary will take that step, too!

Simon is in the autism spectrum, so he will carry that forth into high school.  I know that many of his siblings look up to Simon and have adopted many of his likes and dislikes.  He in turn is a good hard worker on the farm and with his siblings can be loving.  

We all can ponder and meditate upon how well we carry forth the words of Christ to us in the Gospel today... "Love one another as I love you."
Jesus said to his disciples:
"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one's life for one's friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
I no longer call you slaves,
because a slave does not know what his master is doing.
I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."  John 15

I know that Simon is asking the Lord to reveal his plan for his life... one of the petitions at mass last night was that exact prayer.  LOVE!  Asking and following the Lord's direction will allow Simon to bear much fruit that will remain!
What a bunch of wonderful Catholic Farm kids... we love our Faith/Family/Farm!
 HRS graduate, Bobbi Verly, brought her little Jude to support Simon at his graduation.  John and Bobbi were classmates here!  Now Jude might have HRS in his future, too!  Love the love and sharing of this wonderful school down through the generations!
 Dad gets a hug too!
 Last solo with Joseph and Mary on either side, and Jesus in his heart and soul!  Sharing the Eucharist at this turning point is the best!
 Looking up to their big brother, Simon, as he processes out into the future with love and support from his family and his Church!
Joy and Jude in the arms of family...

Nancy and Bill will arrive here soon for the next month living on the farm with us!  My house will be wonderfully and crazily full of Family!  We love our big wonderful home for this reason... that we can have our kids with their growing families here as a home away from home!

Nancy and Bill are in the process of leaving Kansas City and moving up to The Cities!  Our wonderful place to stay while visiting our two daughters is now on the market and will hopefully sell quickly.  We now need to stay at a hotel or with The Community when we go there.
 Bobbi hadn't been down in the cafeteria for years... Jude's first time!

Jesus, how we are blessed to continue on with the tradition of learning our Faith in our wonderful Catholic School!  We place Simon in your hands and know that you have a wonderful plan for him.  May his light continue to shine and may he grow always in his knowledge and love of you!  Give Nancy and Bill safe travels and may we have some great family time sharing our Faith/Family/Farm!  Please give us heat and sunshine, O Lord!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Ruth has 4 that have graduated kindergarten at HRS with two in the wings!  Next year Mary will be able to give Luke his Kindergarten graduation hat!
 St Maria Goretti, pray for us!  May all these young people remain pure and holy and look to you to guide and direct their paths to YOU forever in heaven!  Bless-bless, Barb
We love you and pray for you every day, Simon!  Grandpa and Grandma!
Image may contain: text

Image may contain: 1 person, baby

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
Jesus, Mary I love YOU! Save Souls!
Image may contain: 1 person
Jn 15:12-17
Jesus said to his disciples:
"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one's life for one's friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
I no longer call you slaves,
because a slave does not know what his master is doing.
I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."

LOVE!

Take me to the Holy of Holies - Kutless

No comments:

Post a Comment