Saturday, February 22, 2020

I just kept on going... mom and dad's for an overnight/I give Mary a kiss each morning

 Thanks to my niece this black and white from winter of 1984 came to life for me.  By the cows when Maria was a baby in arms...
 After a frantic busy day yesterday ending with a Gala event for our TEC family... I found myself in need of putting the fundraising money in the bank in Redwood Falls.  I realized that I would be 1/3 of the way to see my parents so in short order I had an overnight bag and just kept on going to spend a precious overnight with my parents in the Lodge of New Hope!

I adored my chapel on wheels and deep prayer of all 10 decades of my rosary.  I find that trips are such a blessing - even with hubby now we say a rosary together for the concerns in our journey!  Big on the prayer list now is calving coming up  in a few weeks!
 My dad shared a lot to the point that he wore himself out.  Prayers for a granddaughter led him to a "vision" of her troubled face and how he has been led to pray for her and to ask others to assist him.  My dad has always had a deep prayer life and closely been tuned into The Holy Spirit in directing our family.  How I am grateful to him!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
 When he rises in the early morning usually no later than 5:30a... he pushes up the heat and the thermostat is behind their wonderful statue of Mary the Mother of God.  "I give her a kiss each morning now" - giving her all his needs and intentions to hold close to her Immaculate heart and take to her loving Son, Jesus Christ!
He wore himself out sharing his heart with me... in short order he and mother are asleep in their chairs. Sweet smelling hyacinth in the window - Valentines from sister Paula!

 This is s peaceful haven for me.  I am ready to put my feet up and join them on this feast of St Peter's chair... one of the decades of the rosary that I hope to get to each day #10 of my 10... I pray for my beloved Church! I chose the 3rd Luminous for this purpose - Proclamation of the Kingdom.

I start with the Holy Father, Pope Francis, Then my hero Archbishop Naumann, who brought Hallel's order to the U.S. 12 years ago, our Bishop LeVoir, and my 7 sisters Priest, Fr Todd, and our amazing TEC priest, Fr Denny.... How I love The Church and I know they need prayers to stay strong and True to the Truth starting with St Peter, the rock upon which it was built to be the Bride of Christ - His BODY!
 From my parents to this special one of Pat's parents - now colorized thanks to my niece!  Mom wanted dad to dress up, but he kept his bibs on with a jacket, dress shirt and bow tie.  Special memory of their relationship...  This was probably about 60 years ago when Pat was a little boy.
 Over 30 years ago - it was black and white.  So special to have this color version.
 Pat's mom with the work horses - a family treasure and now more so!  About 80 years ago in her 20s.
 The 5 oldest in order of age - Pat was next in line to come... mom was either very pregnant with Pat or he was too much of a baby to be standing in line.
A week ago we were in KC for the weekend with our nun and her family - Community of the Lamb!  Pat using his mother's old ice cream scoop she gave them 11 years ago when they met her in Marshall.  They had just come from France to KC to start their foundation here.

We cherish seeing the family ties through the years - knowing that mom Verly entertained them in her home, traveled to KC to visit them when Hallel was returning to France, and even went to France in 2011 for Hallel's first vows with The Community with Pat, John and I!  Such an amazing woman, who didn't want to miss a thing even when she was in her 90s!
 Just a week ago with Jesus in this holy place... Lumen Christi/Light of Christ!  So very excited that one of our special TEC couple friends have fake plans to visit them this summer.  All I can say it that they will not be disappointed, of that I am sure!
 Pat sharing with them and doing the dishes... prayer and dishes!

The Words from the Gospel today on this Feast of St Peter's Chair;
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter said in reply,
“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah.
For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter,
and upon this rock I will build my Church,
and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven.
Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven;
and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Matthew 16

The Church is True and Real and Alive and if we lift it up in prayer -- healing and healthy!  How I love The Church and am forever grateful for my dad leading us all 13 there in 1971!  Each day since has been a gift and a blessing!

I am also eternally grateful for the prayers of my husband, Most Cherished Cross Patrick, for knowing that he would not marry someone who was not Catholic years before we met... Who knows maybe his prayers led my entire family to The Church!?!  As determined and strong charactered  I have grown to know that he is, I think that it could be entirely the case.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
 Mass with the Community a week ago, the result of a Faith Journey in The Church beginning 48 years ago!  Discerning religious life, led to marriage, open to life with 7 in heaven and 5 with us, raising them as lights and now sharing our Faith in The Church as a family of soon to be 30!  Then for my own vocation to lead to a vocation - our nun, Little sister Hallel and how we are allowed to share in her life so deeply and closely now.  My cup overflows!

I love to see the 23 Psalm as the Psalm today - there is no other more beautiful and speaks of our loving Good Shepherd and his care for us!
R.    (1)  The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose;
Beside restful waters he leads me;
he refreshes my soul.
R.    The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
Even though I walk in the dark valley
I fear no evil; for you are at my side
With your rod and your staff
that give me courage.
R.    The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
You spread the table before me
in the sight of my foes;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
R.    The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life;
And I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
for years to come.
R.    The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

It was impossible to leave one word out!  It is completely wonderful and fills me with JOY and peace knowing of his LOVE for me and bringing me into his beautiful "house of the Lord"/The Church here on earth.  A sign to us of the heavenly home which awaits us!
 'Wounded, I will never cease to love."  The Lamb

Jesus, thank you for this precious time with my wonderful parents in their peaceful home.  Thank you for the prayer on wheels on the way here and the gift of the rosary prayer which allows us to kiss your Mother with our prayers and each bead is a tear for our sorrows and woes.  Be with my dear niece in crisis.  May this Cross bring her to you.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleujah
"Because of your discerning a call, you have your nun."  A Benedictine nun to me a few years back.  It made a lot of sense as I very much made a way for the girls to spend some time with nuns in habits and so they each attended Schoenstatt Camp.  It was coming back from there when Hallel was about 11 that she told me for the first time that she was thinking about being a nun.  I had to pull over the car as the tears flooded my eyes - such a powerful moment of the Spirit at work.  Over the years she would hold me at arms' length and say that she was either going to be a nun or get married and have 10 kids.  The rest is history... Now I am able to share with her in her LIFE as a bride of Christ!  So  blessed!  Bless-bless, Barb
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
Danielle Rose - Nothing Compares to you
Danielle Rose - Pursue Me

No comments:

Post a Comment