Sunday, February 23, 2020

Prayers of my parents/ "the temple of God, which you are, is holy." St Paul

 Still to welcome 3 younger brothers.. the older 7 of the Louwagie 10 children including my mother-in-law in the front holding the hand of her sister Bertha.  This has always been a prized old picture in black and white so to see it now in full color is a special gift indeed!

These 10 then had about 10 kids each and so Patrick, my husband is surrounded by close to 100 first cousins!  Large families became my hobby when I married into this amazing huge Belgian Catholic family - city girl come to the farm.  I am known to know some of the names and whose who better than Pat.
 The famous John falling down and the girls in Easter hat picture taken in Taylors Falls on Easter Sunday visiting my parents when they lived on Angel Hill in 1992.  John just turned 31 so that will put this in perspective quickly!

Visiting my parents then was a 4 hour trip, so I am appreciating that it is now 3 and going all the way through the Cities is not required.  I will probably be going up that way this week for the funeral in the family.  A sad occasion, but so many prayers and some excitement to go up there again and see some family that are not as much in my life since my parents moved away.
 After breakfast my parents in their Sunday best.  Dad and I will be heading out to mass at Sacred Heart soon... we will bring Jesus back for my mother and share the Gospel and Eucharist with her.

I see that things are getting harder for both my parents to do their daily cares.  Yet, they are able to still manage a bit slower and more short of breath.
Watching FOX news together after breakfast on this beautiful sunny late winter day.

Sharing with my parents in their prayerful wisdom for our huge family - we are over 140 now with all the recent additions.  Our grandchild coming up in May will be great-grandchild #59 for them.  I see that the outer temple of their bodies is fading yet the inner temple is aglow and filled with beauty and gold, jewels and diamonds...
Do you not know that you are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?...
all belong to you, and you to Christ, and Christ to God.
I Cor 3

After 90+ years of having the Holy Spirit dwelling within their inner temple they are filled with riches and I love to sit at their feet and have them pour upon me their Truth and LIGHT!  At breakfast this morning dad was sharing some of his jewels from all the reading he does each day,  Love through him his fellow traveler on this journey of Faith - Brother Victor Antione!
Back from mass with dad as we prayed the rosary coming and going, dad brought The Eucharist for mom reading the final prayer from mass as part of sharing with her.
 A week ago sharing mass with our daughter and her Community of the Lamb... Jed the blind postulant for the little Brothers preparing for mass.

Today to share with my dad was so special, and I always am so grateful to have this time with my wonderful dad, who has always listened to the Holy Spirit in our lives and brought us into The Church 48 years ago.
 After mass last week in the spring like Kansas City.  It is spring like here today and we are so happy to have a break.
Jed the blind postulant sharing his beautiful light after mass.  How we love to share in his journey!
 Praying the "Hail Holy Queen" with us holding Jesus in his hand before sharing Jesus with mom.
 "I am not worthy that you should enter under our roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."
 Lots of these special moments of sharing Jesus... so powerful!!
 Deep in prayer and respect
Food for the journey

I am so lucky to have my parents still together and doing good for today.  We take it one day at a time.  I am on the road home, but soon I will be heading back here for a family funeral and maybe to share the beginning of Lent with my parents!  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment