Monday, October 12, 2020

Big day for dad - starting Oxygen, 2 Sacraments - Reconciliation and Anointing of the sick/Farm monastery filled with peace and prayer!

Dad was very on task about getting his voting done to the best of his ability last evening!  He voted and looked so good for his family with a smile and rosy cheeks!
His hospice nurse visited today and we are noticing that it is harder for him to breath, so she brought out the oxygen to help.  A new sign along with a few others that we are walking a bit more into the sunset of his life.
Fr Denny came to hear dad's confession in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and then dad and I together were gifted with the beautiful sacrament of Anointing of the sick!
Anointed on his forehead and palms of both hands with oil that represents healing - dad's age was also part of the prayer over him.  
Now both palms anointed with healing oil.
Dad and I shared a host and received Jesus!  
"I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and My soul shall be healed."  

Dad and I shared with Fr Denny about our prayer we do as our work each day!  We will celebrate 6 months tomorrow since he came down here to live!  Today was Monday and we did the litany of all the 58 great-grands and their families - first and middle name.  Today dad needed some help which shows me that things are slowing down a bit.  I was also offered to have a break a put him in the hospice house, but I am just not ready for that yet.  Lord, help me to keep him strong and give me the wisdom and the strength I need to help him walk into the sunset of his life!

From the Little Brothers in KC today!  Their chicken house with the 3 farm chickens from Minnesota now living in this mansion and very loved!
Our chickens looks great there!  thanks Little Brothers for the update and giving them a mansion to live in!  They shared that it gives them a special sharing with the neighborhood kids.

On the staircase to heaven?
Love to see our beloved Bishop LeVoir on Facebook with Fr Shawn Polman and our long time pastor Fr Gerry Midel.  Bishop was so wonderful to us with John's cancer and Hallel's vocation as a nun!  We will miss his wonderful spiritual leadership and guidance in our diocese!  Dad and I pray for him daily on our chaplet!
half an inch of rain and...
A spider overnight.  And they were right back combining this morning.  We were so dry!
Managed to find some zinias and visit Mary in the sun!  Bless-bless, Barbara

Baby Bernadette in the sink 7 years ago!  She will be 8 in a month and join Rose and Patrick!

Cousin buddies that soon will all be 8!  LOVE family ties that bind!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment