The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Patrick is 8... brought back to life 8 years ago today and baptized by grandma a few hours later in NICU/"Mom understands disappointment"
It is so fun to watch my groups of cousins growing up together! Today Patrick joins Rose at 8 years old, and in a month Bernadette will, too! Such a powerful birthday celebration in which we recall the miracle that is Patrick Joseph!
I had flown to be with Maria for his birth as was in. We waited and waited for 2 weeks, and then on October 9th she was induced! The result was a rupture and immediate surgery to get Patrick here. Born dead and brought back to life - he was transferred to NICU at Providence Hospital in downtown El Paso with grandma in the front seat. My phone rang, and Ruth told me that I should Baptize Patrick, the sickest baby in NICU! So in the midst of NICU with doctors, nurses, tiny premies with their hands raised to Jesus, and ambulance people... using a bottle of sterile and through my tears I baptized Patrick "in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen"
Patrick with his wonderful mommy a month ago when they were here for the last weeks of August on the farm! He is the picture of health with a strong agile body and mind, and the faith to face all that life brings to him!
First Communion Day!!! Patrick is living in a home of strong Catholic Faith! Homeschooled by his wonderful faith-filled mother, and led with great strength by his father, and sharing the rosary each day and PRAYER shared as a family! They attend mass more than weekly and they try for daily. Maria discerned religious life and priesthood, so they promote those options as good ones to consider for each of their children. Always open and asking the Lord to show His plan for them, and then answering with a powerful and heartfelt "Yes!"
Sweet Patrick on his First Communion with a special cupcake made by his sister with a cookie host on the top!
Patrick was the second of our 3 grandchildren to receive Jesus in His First Communion this last year of Covid! Outside with the added family of our farm family, Ruth and Paul and the 6 out there to experience the life on a!
Gus had his just before the closing down of churches to people in Delano at a daily mass with his family!
Rose again just had her First Communion on her brother, Simon's 16th birthday - September 20th after being postponed about 5 months! We rejoice with them at this most special gift of Jesus to be with them on their journey of Faith with Jesus, Mary and The Church!
R. (5) The Lord will remember his covenant for ever. I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart in the company and assembly of the just. Great are the works of the LORD, exquisite in all their delights. R. The Lord will remember his covenant for ever. Majesty and glory are his work, and his justice endures forever. He has won renown for his wondrous deeds; gracious and merciful is the LORD. R. The Lord will remember his covenant for ever. He has given food to those who fear him; he will forever be mindful of his covenant. He has made known to his people the power of his works, giving them the inheritance of the nations. R. The Lord will remember his covenant for ever.
This speaks of our delight in this exquisite gift from our Lord - giving us his Body and Blood so that we may have life within us!
Words of such wisdom and Truth!
Time with my handsome hubby last night as he unloaded the wonderful corn harvest into the bins!
Dad and I pray for the "Pat, the farmers, and the whole world" on our chaplet each day!
I stepped out on the porch for a minute this morning and Ruby the chicken came in to look around. Luckily she went back out on her own, but then pecked at the patio door to come back in!
Dad would have been surprised to have a chicken by his feet under the table at breakfast. "Life on the farm!"
I thought of our foreign exchange student, Breno, who arrived here 20 years ago during the County Fair. Knowing that he was coming to live on a farm... he was very relieved to see that we didn't have dirt floors and chickens on the counters! Well, I thought of him this morning as we had chickens on our wood floors! Miss you Breno!
My cat food on the porch is now of interest for the chickens along with this stray cat I have named Calli... surrounded by chickens this morning... also blue jays, racoons, possums, and other creatures I am probably not aware of. Oh, I do have a pet cat that gets his shared from time to time!
Ruby back outside, getting her belly full of cat food!
Patrick the birthday boy this morning
Many thoughts and much love going his way today! Also praying per request for John as he was going for a job interview. Dad and I came across this reading this morning in Morning prayer that speaks so much of what cancer and recovery has meant in John's life!
READING 2 Corinthians 12:9b-10
I willingly boast of my weakness, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I am content with weakness, with mistreatment, with distress, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ; for when I am powerless, it is then that I am strong.
Yes! So true of the new John, who found faith through his brain cancer. I recall vividly the time that his brain cancer was growing agressively through his chemo... Bishop LeVoir wrote to us on caringbridge - "In difficult moments repeat these words; 'Jesus, I trust in you.' " We could then give it all to Jesus and trust through prayer!
Powerful prayers from heaven for John by my mother!!!
As we were praying I recalled how my mother faced rejection over and over in her long history of writing articles, books and Bible studies of the entire Bible! Over and over she faced her life's work that came from her intelligence and her deeply held faith... being sent back with rejection! You can find them now on their website!
The birthday boy surrounded by his sibs today! WE love you, Patrick and love how you show the world the power of prayer and FAITH!
Therese with her tea party for her family and friends earlier this week! She is amazing!!!
How do you do this? Her brothers, sister, parents and friends are happy with her baking sweets!
Lord, I am yours, and I need to turn to you as I am weak and lowly and sinful and sorrowful! I know that in order to improve I need to lay my sinful burdens at your feet in the confessional and hear you tell me that I am forgiven. May I die to self so that you may live in us! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Share or tag anyone that might want to do this with all of us!!
It is beginning after they won the contest for Our Sunday Visitor Innovators!
Exciting times in our amazing Church - our Faith begins in our homes/families/domestic Church! Bless-bless, Barbara!
Every day dad and I share the Rosary and Chaplet at 3p! I am grateful for our farm monastery even with chickens joining us in prayer! For sure my cat joins us each day on the porch!
Zach Williams
Danielle Rose - Take you pick and you can't go wrong! She is filled with Jesus, Mary and The Church!
No comments:
Post a Comment