I had to have Ruth and Joy come over this morning to help me with my dad. Pat had to leave before we could get him up in the chair, so Ruth came to help me position him for breakfast. Things are challenging here with dad getting his days and nights mixed up, so keeping him awake for breakfast was challenging too!
I talked with my hospice nurse about putting him in the hospice house so that he could get dressed and out for meals with their help. But when she pointed out how limited we would be to see him or have family visit... I knew that even though he is limited here with what I can help him with... it still is better that we can pray together throughout the day and family can freely come and visit him. At the Hospice house - I could only be there once a day and family up to 4 could visit twice a week. No, with a family the size of dad's I am not willing to limit it to that point!
Ruth described how this morning she was crabby and Ruth just let her be. "She got her self dressed and said with a smile -'I am happy now.' " So amazing when she can work her way out of a bad mood and change herself into a happy girl once again! She smiles and great-grandpa agreed that JOY suits her as a perfect name!
I am sure that there will be goodies and lots of special things to make this a day above other days for Evie and her ST JPII!
Evangeline is a very powerful personality with wonderful oldest sister, Therese, to show her how to live and faith filled life, and then her 3 older and one younger brothers to show her how to be rough and tough! As the Gospel tells us today about our call as we follow Jesus to...
Jesus said to his disciples:
“I have come to set the earth on fire,
and how I wish it were already blazing!
There is a baptism with which I must be baptized,
and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished!.." Luke 12
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
I was also reminded that St JPII was huge for us with our battle against brain cancer with son, John, 11 years ago! He has been my hero for LIFE and family since our marriage 42 years ago - he became pope just a few months after we married in 1978, and died on Nancy's birthday in 2005! That is 27 years he walked with us down the narrow path helping us stagger dragging our Most Cherished Cross and following Jesus with the help of The Wise and Wonderful Church!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
John's story continues now with wonderful wife, Bobbi, who waited and prayed for him for 10+ years, and now their gifts from above, Jude and Birdie Barbara!Unable to help dad to the bathroom... I depend on Pat and Ruth to help me do his cares and get him at least in the chair!How can this be October 22nd? Out to do the chickens in the white blanket of snow...
The chickens found my boots interesting and pecked at them - probably the snow... Boots already!?!?
Trudging through snow in October!
Staggering down the narrow path with no regrets for myself, but only for those misled and lied to by Satan!
10 eggs from the cold and in shock chickens huddling together for warmth in this crazy weather! Good old Minnesota!
Enough already!
The LIGHT filling my heart with the confidence to Evangelize the Truth without fear and hesitation! WE are filled with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT as Jesus comes to us in Word, Body and Blood! Bless-bless, Barbara!
Soup good on a snowy day... also our homemade applesauce is a daily dish!
It should be fall!!! A fall arrangement in the house with snow laden pine trees!
Pretty... hard to take this early!
Happy Feast Day
Pope Saint John Paul ll
1920 - 2005
Feast day October 22
Saint John Paul II, born Karol Józef Wojtyła, was the head of the Catholic Church from October 16 1978 to his death in 2005. He was the second longest-serving pope in history and the first non-Italian since Pope Adrian Vl, who died in 1523.
https://www.portraitsofsaints.com/.../all-images-st-john...














No comments:
Post a Comment