Joy never met her, as she died just months before Joy was born. I know that she is happy to know Joy and her happiness we are given by her sweet smile and love! How Pat's mother was a lover of children! My kids are all devoted to her and how wonderful she was in their lives. As I was gathering pictures from around the house for this... it is only right that two of them are with John and Susan/Hallel!
I have been working on a fall arrangement with leaves, corn and soybeans... the wooden hosts and soybeans are also appropriate as my mother-in-law loved her Catholic Faith and sharing that together was a deep bond between us! It also led my husband to proclaim to his sisters - "I will only marry a Catholic!" And the result of those prayers - all 13 of us swimming against the tide at Vatican 2 and coming into The Church! Each day since has been a gift and a delight!https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
No better snack than an apple fresh off the tree this time of year!The 139th Psalm from mass today is amazing and speaks of how we are never alone on this journey "along the everlasting way." A special friend on our journey is our individual guardian angel which is the Feast day today!
Where can I go from your spirit?
From your presence where can I flee?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I sink to the nether world, you are present there.
R. Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
Even there your hand shall guide me,
and your right hand hold me fast.
R. Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
Truly you have formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother’s womb.
I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made;
wonderful are your works.
R. Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way. Psalm 139
Such a party in heaven today... we love you mom!!! I am forever grateful for how Pat's mother with great patience showed me how to be a farmwife. I am sure there are still times that she shakes her head at me with that smile on her face! My favorite story was as a newly wed - about 2 months a farmwife after being s city girl for my life up til then...
Mom was helping me clean out the garden and asked me if I had a potato fork. I said "sure" and went and got a fork out of the silverwear drawer, which I handed to her. She took it and dug in the dirt, and finally sweetly told me that actually a potato fork is a big tool! LOVE you so much mom! You are the best!!! You taught me how to can, make bread, and being loving and forgiving, and welcome new life as a gift!
Everytime I make my bed... I think of my special sister-in-law, friend, Raterra, who is Pat's sister and is the whole reason for my life here! She loves this bedspread, so I think of her especially on this day which is her mother's birthday!https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html






No comments:
Post a Comment