Pat holding 2 of our boys that are all within 6 weeks of each other. They were just over 1 here, and now they are all 3 years old.
Mass with my father 2 years ago while he lived his final 6 months of life here in our farm monastery. I miss him a lot and still am blessed by his prayer books he left behind for me each day! He was a permanent Deaon in The Catholic Church for 44 years and I was allowed to share in his religious life!
My dad and George's hair blowing in the wind. Pat's hair is now too thin to blow in the wind.
On my wedding day with my Matron of Honor, Margie, who is Pat's older sister. Through her friendship from our one year at the U of M together - I then met Pat at her wedding - June 10, 1977,and a year later we were married. It will be 44 years in August!
From my look - I am totally smitten and in many ways that continues to this day. I call him My Most Cherished Cross as we are called to die to self and serve without counting the cost out of LOVE. And when we embrace our Cross we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Yesterday my dear cherished Cross laid down a new plan for me - I must get some exercise and lose some weight! He is right, but it made me smart a bit too!
A memory of Nancy's 2 oldest on the occasion of the birth of their new baby brother, Dominic Patrick, 6 years ago.
Gus and Dominic 6 years ago - they have since added 3 other siblings to reach a total of 6 kids - Josephine, George and Regina Maria along with 3 losses - Peter, Maximilian, and Catherine.
Beginning my days with mass now - very happy that with Pat's encouragement I now have joined the YMCA and have a swimercize class at 8a. With that I can go to 7a mass first and then to the Y.
Thanks honey for giving me a nudge.
We are soon to have the longest day of the year next week, so the daylight shows that we are being blessed with a much cooler and much needed gentle rain! Pat read morning prayer to me as I was getting ready today - it sure is nice to share prayer even with my new early schedule .
I have swam laps over the years to help with my blood pressure during pregnancy, so to be back in the pool with some nice grey haired ladies like myself was a great 45 minutes to start my day!
Daily mass and water aroebics is a great way to begin my day - one day at a time.
We had the Gospel today from Matthew 6 that is read when we enter the 40 days of Lent. We are now in the 11th week of Ordinary time. With the beginning of a more restricted diet and alcohol... Father talking about how we need to cut back on food, drink and stuff so that we can focus more on our Faith Journey with Jesus, Mary and The Church. Also that Prayer needs to become more and more parr of our days. I sure love my chapel on wheels today as I delivered MOW to Balaton.
“When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites,
who love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on street corners
so that others may see them.
Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward.
But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door,
and pray to your Father in secret.
And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.
“When you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites.
They neglect their appearance,
so that they may appear to others to be fasting.
Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward.
But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face,
so that you may not appear to others to be fasting,
except to your Father who is hidden.
And your Father who sees what is hidden will repay you.” Matthew 6
Feeding the world is a big job and each year is different with it's challenges! Lone calf in the creek on my coming and going today.
Borrowed this from a friend today of the moon rising over our beautiful stately church of the Holy Redeemer.
Years ago - Pat bottling a calf with young John looking on- I would say this was 30 years ago as John was 33 in February.
Mary cares for us and takes our needs to her Son! We are so blessed to have her with us on our journeys of Faith/Family/Farm!
Pope Benedict XVI and mom bless me each day with his book of daily meditations. The Word of God is each day the Lord speaking and directing our lives.
Yes!
Truth!
Lord, protect all LIFE, marriages, and families from the attack of the Evil One. St Michael the Archangel protect us in this battle! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Powerful stuff that dad points out to me each new day in his well worn and marked prayer books! Thanks, dad! You brought all 13 into The Church 50 years ago and each day since has been a gift and blessing! Bless-bless, Barbara and the 51 - 34 here and 17 in heaven including our parents
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!
Danielle Rose amazes with a song for every decade of the rosary - all 20!
Danny Gokey
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment