Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Honoring those that brought Birthright to Marshall 45+ years ago/Our desires - directs our souls/“The LORD is God! The LORD is God!” I Kings 18

Last evening we gathered around the 3 surviving special ladies that were instrumental along with others that have gone ahead of us, to bring Birthright to Marshall.   Birthright is an organization that works with women one on one starting many times with a positive pregnancy test that we provide in our office.  There are many stories of lives in the womb saved!  

Discover Birthright

 
picture

For over 50 years, Birthright has been helping women with unplanned pregnancies.

Birthright began in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 1968 when Louise Summerhill, a busy housewife and mother of seven children, felt something should be done to help women facing unplanned pregnancies.  

By offering love, hope, support and resources, Birthright has grown to become a pregnancy support service with hundreds of centres throughout Canada, the United States and Africa. 

 

Birthright is committed to providing confidential, non-judgmental support to any woman who is pregnant or thinks she might be pregnant, no matter her age, race, circumstances, religion, marital status or financial situation. Birthright is a charitable organization that relies on the dedication, time and talents of volunteers and the generosity of donations to ensure it can persevere in supporting pregnant women.

The group gathered around our special friends and mentors - Elaine, Madeline, and Helen.  We also remembered many that have gone to their reward.
I have such a special story that really puts into perspective of how long ago we are talking about.  As a newlywed in 1979 I decided that I wanted to do more than say that I was prolife - I wanted to do something actively about it.  I found Birthright of Marshall, and was being trained in as a volunteer by Helen.  I was learning how to do the pregnancy test on myself and discovered that I was pregnant with my oldest child, Ruth!  She turned 42 in January!  

Birthright has been each Monday night for me working in the office.  I met Mari there years ago and she left me thinking about abortion, but returned to have Amanda Hope!  Over the years I have received Christmas cards and even a few visits here and there from Mari and her family!  Amanda is now around 35 and studied to be a nurse and work with children.  A light that has not been extinguished by the horror a abortion and is making a difference in the world.  A LIGHT!

Our two hostesses from last night on Diane's farm by Ghent.  Pat's cousin, Diane, and our current president of Birthright, Cindy.  Diane and I visited about when we started working at Birthright and figure that it was just about the same time about 43 years ago.  Diane had her children and I was just getting started.  I have to admit that I have done many pregnancy tests on myself with my 11 pregnancies over my nest years.  Many losses in there...

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 

In my morning prayers this morning I read a daily devotional by Venerable Fulton Sheen - today's reminded me of these podcasts that Nancy and Hallel did during her home visit in the end of April the beginning of May.  Hallel speaks about how she had desires in her heart for Jesus in Word and sharing that with the world - She discovered that all her desires were answered by The Community of  the Lamb!  "Jesus wants me to be happy, and to meet the desires of my heart."  Hallel's desires are heavenly and she is living a virtuous life!  And helping her family to join her on that journey down the narrow path!

How she became a Little Sister
What The Community of the Lamb is about.

Just back from delivering Meals on Wheels in my chapel on wheels.  A bouquet of phlox in a quart jar traveled with me today.  My first lady I visit is so special - she is a farmwife about 20 years older than me.  She was married at 20 years old the year I was born in 1951!  Marie is a joy to visit with and compare notes about farm life.  I thought that she must have had these purple phlox around her building site this time of year, so when I looked out the window... I thought that she might enjoy some brought to her.  They seem to last a long time in water, too.
Her meals and puprle phlox on the table, and take some time to visit.  She spends most of her time in the chair after a fall 6 weeks ago that broke her right wrist.  "I hope I get this heavy cast off tomorrow."  

Another house I deliver - it was surprising to see a planted garden in the back.  I have never seen the couple - I just ring the doorbell and leave the meals.  It looks like they must get out some, and want some fresh vegetables, too.  

I do love my time - about an hour with my rosary beads giving me peace and joy in my chapel on wheels as I pray for each of my children and their families on the 5 decades each day.  

Maria sent me these when plain pink pants have a message to share.  Maggie has her one month from surgery doctor visit on next Monday!  I asked for pictures of her with her doctors and nurses, and a full report!
With Hector and her wonderfully healed incision - the zig zag crown of thorns needed to heal her and give her a healthy happy life ahead - room for her brain to grow and develope!
It looks like she will soon be able to have a topknot!?!
6 years ago - 3 week old Josephine looks identical to her new baby sister, Regina!  Twins 5 1/2 years apart!  
8 years ago - a rock as big as Rose Again!  
Reading in dad's prayer of The Church today in the 7th Ordinary week - I love when dad gives me a glimpse of heaven where he and mom and our 13 losses await our joining them along with my sister, Mary, and brother, Lincoln, and many others including Pat's parents.

The first reading today shows the power of God above All others!  Fire consumes even the rocks and water over the sacrifice!  The people all see the Truth - Seeing this, all the people fell prostrate and said,
“The LORD is God! The LORD is God!”  I Kings 18:39
This was so beautiful today from mom and Pope Benedict XVI about Corpus Christi!  I had to share it with John and Bobbi as 4years ago they had their wedding on the Vigil and went with the readings and all for their wedding.  "We don't want anyone to sin in not going to mass, because they attended our wedding on Saturday."  Amazing!  

Body of Christ - LOVE - transformation - HOPE - "Hope gives us the strength to live and face the world."
Now dad's man, Brother Victor, speaks so sweetly about the depth of inner prayer in "solitude and silence" - I do experience this in my chapel on wheels with no distractions and only the beads traveling through my fingers and the road ahead.  Today I did have to slow down for a deer that was standing in the ditch - unsure if she should run across or not, but she darted back into the trees.  
"Just as silence paves the way to closer communication with God, solitude leads the soul to harmony and joy of intimacy and communion with him."
How can fault be found in our Rosary prayer?  It is totally scriptural!  
Oh, my heart!
Even grandma has a bale of icies in my freezer!
She walks with me and takes my needs to her Son.  


So many wonderful examples and those we can pray to in heaven to assist us on our journeys - we LOVE our wonderful amazing Saints!
So
Including St Augustine - Doctor of Grace!
Yes, how did the world get so confused as to the way to happiness by embracing our Most Cherished Cross and finding LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 51 - 34 with us and 17 in heaven including our parents!





Danielle Rose 




Casting Crowns



 

No comments:

Post a Comment