Wednesday, June 1, 2022

St Paul - "he knelt down and prayed with them all" - leaving us his Faith to carry forth

Oh, I guess I went a little bit crazy with this new suit and sunglasses from her Aunt Nancy...  Birdie Barbara was just 2  and this arrived a couple weeks late, but grandma had to try it on right away and get her in front of the wonderful light of their huge picture window!  With the soft pink backpack and topknot and posing... I took way too many pictures, more than my usual 3 of everything.
The American flag said it all for me - Memorial day was the day before, so yesterday was the official first day of summer, and she looks the part so cutely!
My favorite spot to capture the kids is this window looking onto Central Avenue that goes up to the Catholic School up half a block.  They will go to school there - preschool through 8th grade, and already go down to play on the "school playground."
When we leave their place - you can look up and see them waving and watching from this wonderful window!  
Ready to go and show mom and dad...

My day has gone with the morning spent with hubby and then my chapel on wheels going to Balaton to deliver MOW.  The first time I went there - I had to manuver around snow drifts so it has been quite a few months already.

"Who's under those flower shades?"  "Me, Birdie Barbara in all my cuteness."
The kids love their mom so much...
And their dad - one happy healthy family!  I am recalling that 4 years ago we were gathering today and having John and Bobbi's rehearsal at St Elois in Ghent, and rehearsal dinner in our shop on the farm for their wedding tomorrow!  

I smiled thinking about St Paul today in the end of Acts 20.  Don't we all love St Paul?  Just like us - he did not meet Jesus face to face in this world, but rather was struck down by the Holy Spirit on the road to Damascus.  Do we not all love to read his many books in the New Testament and also follow him in Acts as he goes forth to spread the Good News after his conversion and discovering the Truth?

This kitten has quite the outgoing personality and has made a name for himself as being like - St Paul the kitten!  Tom is now starting to grab nab the kittens!  

Today Paul is telling his followers in Ephesus that he will never see them again and they are weeping at the thought - When he had finished speaking
he knelt down and prayed with them all.
They were all weeping loudly
as they threw their arms around Paul and kissed him,
for they were deeply distressed that he had said
that they would never see his face again.
Then they escorted him to the ship.  Acts 20

Ruth feeding the baby kittens - all 9 of them - goats milk.

Armed with the wisdom and Truth from St Paul's words to us - we are going forth into our domestic Church/family and the world.  I feel the prayers of St Paul and the cloud of witnesses in heaven praying for me.  It is a very powerful sending off indeed!  

Joy taking a kitten over to get some milk with the others.  
Rose with Yoda the kitten.
Pat tired after getting up at 5a to load cattle for market.  
The crops around Wabasso yesterday.  Nice to see the rows of corn after this late spring.  Many prayers go with farming and each year is different and our prayers are needed for one challenge or another!  
Stopped by the cemetery for honoring our dead.  Pat's parents, our 2 boys and his brother, Don, all in the same spot.  I really wanted to go and visit my parents, but then we realized that we have a graduation reception in the Cities in 2 weeks, so we will go the extra hour to visit them then.  Dad and his time in the army was in my heart on Monday.
One of my favorite things about my garden over the 43 years of marriage - being able to pick food and eat it fresh from the garden in just a short time!  It seems so healthy and fresh and nothing better under the sun!

I need to keep this short today... there are many branches that need to get picked up after the storms over the weekend.  I am such a fan of St Paul - one of his readings that meant so much while grandson was born dead and brought back to life 9 years ago said it all!!  12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.  Romans 12:12

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The story of little Lamb - grandson Patrick 
 

This is truth - I do see Jesus so close and personal!  I recall one time after a very intensive hour of prayer in front of the tabernacle a young man came into The church and sat by the 10th station of the cross - he looked just like Jesus!  I could not leave the church without going over to say "hello".  He was kind and told me his name was Isaac, and that he should get a haircut and shave.  I have looked for him since...
I didn't blog yesterday on the feast of The Visitation, but it was special to pray with hubby on the road - the personal intercessions can go on and on as the highway is another hour ahead.  Many heartfelt prayers and reading the mass readings including the Gospel of the "Hail Mary" and the Magnificat!  
St Justin pray for us!
LOVE that they both are sharing LIFE in the womb!  
Each Hail Mary is  Gospel!!! 
Marvelous and Miraculous!

Jesus and Mary with St Paul praying for us and assisting us as we proclaim with our all that You are the way, the Truth and the LIFE!  "...Consecrate them in the truth.
Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world,
so I sent them into the world.
And I consecrate myself for them,
so that they also may be consecrated in truth.”  John 17   Jesus' prayer for us this day in the Gospel!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

We have now entered June for the Sacred heart, yet Mary is always my dear help and mother!
Oh, Thomas A'Kempis was my dearly beloved helper when I first turned Catholic at 20 yo - My romance years as an early Catholic were filled with Thomases - Merton and A'Kempis! 

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!  
Crowned the queen of heaven and earth!

2 years ago - working on fair calves will soon be happening on the farm!  
Now pigs and goats too!  Two city grandkids will be showing pigs in the county fair this year - Gus and Bernadette!  How we love to share the JOY of our farm life!  It is a wonderful way of life not just a job!  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 51 - 34 with us and 17 in heaven including both sets of our wonderful parents - I am sure that St Paul and dad have had some wonderful conversations about "the Name of Jesus!"





Danny Gokey

No comments:

Post a Comment