Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Making Hay!/Maggie is walking! - "by your way give me life." Ps119/Change of dates for Cinderella due to illness

Maggie is now 13 months and is an official walker!  So fun to see her healed and happy!

So happy and proud of herself!  The word "toddler" really describes the arms out to balance and the back and forth from one foot to the other of a new little walker.  Just starting to get comfortable on their feet.
Started my day with mass with Father Denny this morning.  Presenting Jesus to us after the Consecration - "Through him, and with him, and in him, O God, Almight Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honor is yours for ever and ever.  Amen."
Father Denny preached this morning about the Gospel today from Matthew 7 - about bearing "good fruit" and how it takes patience.  Picking an apple a month early would be sour and green, but if you wait for it to ripen than it is very good.  I had been pondering with some sadness many situations in our families where the fruit is far from ripe/good.  I felt hope that with prayer and patience and Trust - the the fruit can eventually be "good." 

"...So by their fruits you will know them.”  Matthew 7:20   But we must be patient and pray and TRUST that the Lord will touch them and allow them to bear good fruit!  

Jesus/LOVE there for me each morning now with my new schedule - thank you, Lord!  I love what St Thomas Moore said today about frequent Eucharist! These words from the Psalm 119 this morning from mass speaks to me of the LIFE that comes from Jesus' Body feeding us for the battle here on earth! "...by your way give me life."  Your ways are mysterious and LIFE indeed!  

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. 
Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully
to the work of the Lord, because you know
that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
 I Cor 15:58

 
"When Thomas More was Chancellor of England some of his friends reproached him for going to Communion so often.  With all his duties and responsibilities they thought that this piety took up too much of his time.  He answered their objections with these words:
 
'Your reasons for wanting me to stay away from Holy Communion are exactly the ones which cause me to go so often.  My distractions are great, but it is in Communion that I recollect myself.  I have temptations many times a day; by daily Communion I get the strength to overcome them.  I have much very important business to handle and I need light and wisdom; it is for this very reason that  I go to Holy Communion every day to consult Jesus about them.' "
 
John M Haffert
Excerpt from The World's Greatest Saints
 
St Thomas More
Husband, Father, Lawyer, Knight,
Lord Chancellor of England, Author, Martyr 
Steadfastly refused to approve 
Henry VIII’s divorce/remarriage
and establishment of the Church of England
Patron of Lawyers
England ~ 1478-1535
Feast Day - June 22
 
  

 On July 6, 1535, the 57-year-old More
came before the executioner to be beheaded.
“I die the king's good servant,” 
he told the onlookers, “but God's first.”

Yes, I am so happy to have Jesus dwell in me richly each morning!  

Stopped at the farm while hay was coming on the yard while Ruth and Tom were sitting out enjoying the beautiful porch this morning and kittens running around.  A small slice of heaven!
Tom sure was interested in the tractors and hay coming on the yard.  Simon driving the "clunk- clunk" tractor as we call it!  
Every wagon full!  Praying for safety and peace as we do this big job all summer long!  It seems like making hay is constant and lasts all summer.
Joy feeling sad and needing some mom snuggles...
Joy was giving Tom kisses and snuggles - such a lucky girl to have the gift of a baby brother - #6 and #7!
I love this spot on Ruth's porch with the green pastures and crops growing and also the sweet little ones watching all the farm work from a safe distance!  

There are some big changes with Cinderella that John wants me to let everyone know about... Due to illness the plays for the next 4 days have been cancelled and now there will be performances on Monday June 27th at 7pm, and Tuesday June 28th at 7pm, and then there will be 2 performances on Monday July 11th and Tuesday July 12th at 7pm.  

All of a sudden John is able to work the TEC retreat this weekend here in Marshall, and a neice and nephew are making the retreat!  The Lord powerful exciting ways when you are asking Him to show you where He wants you.  "I am yours, O Lord, use me!"
It was a good and enjoyable time and now the dates have changed allowing John to work TEC!  
John is always open to the Holy Spirit using him to share The Truth about Jesus, Mary and The Church! 
Sunset on Lake Michigan - Manistique on the First Day of Summer yesterday.  My grandchildren are all yearning for me to take them back there.  We have some fake plans of going between the county fair and the State Fair!  Only the good Lord knows if we can actually go or not.  
Able to do 5 of my 10 decades in my chapel on wheels as I delivered Meals on Wheels in Balaton today.  LOVE that peace that surrounds me as the beads pass through my fingers and I pray for each of my kids and their families.
My wonderful mother-in-law on hospice 6 years ago on her porch folding laundry still.  
10 years ago crossing the creek behind our house here.  LOVE the rubber boots and they probably got some water inside of them, too.
Oh dad!  LOVE how you LOVE the Church and brought all 13 into The Catholic Church 50 years ago! Each day since has been such a blessing to me!  How I love that even though you are gone to heaven - you continue to teach me and direct my attention to Jesus, Mary and The Church!  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic! 
St Mother Teresa today speaking to women... Being the heart of the home is truth!  I love to watch my girls and Bobbi setting such wonderful examples of being the "heart" of their domestic Church/family!  They and their husbands sharing Faith with their children- because it must be learned in the home!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 51 - 34 with us and 17 in heaven including our wonderful parents, who are praying more perfectly and patiently for their families!  
Pope Benedict XVI and mom today on the Eucharist!  
So many prayers for safety for our famers!  
The pickup with the bale rack is usually my place for hauling bales.  As a city girl come to the farm - the tractors make me nervous so I usually drive the pickup.  Those rosary beads are my companion and from time to time a grandchild.  Tom might be with me in his car seat this weekend.  PRAYERS!













Danielle Rose





Newsboys




 

No comments:

Post a Comment