Tom watching the grain cart putting corn straight into the truck as the truck was putting the corn into the grain bin. Tom got very excited when he saw the green tractor and the big grain cart.
Every time grandpa would get back into the car and he could sit on his lap he squealed with delight! It is so fun to see him loving to watch the his first harvest from a safe place - on his wonderful farmer grandpa's lap.
We had a prefect view between 2 of the 7 grain bins as Ed emptied his corn from the combine into the grain cart as Brad drove it along beside matching their speed. You can see the orange snow in the air.
Stopped by the house across from the church - both tile getting done as well as the electrical up stairs in the bedrooms. They have their first booking for a wedding in mid November and Ruth said that they hope to have an open house at the end of this month. Getting exciting!
Big freeze overnight! I even saw some ice on a pond as Tom and I went to Balaton with MOW! The trees are dropping the leaves now like crazy! Kind of sad to see bare trees and all the pretty leaves now on the ground in a big heap!
A blanket of leaves after the big freeze! Our gardens are done!
John came for the afternoon to watch the Vikings and grandma got to paint with Jude and Birdie...
Grandma got some giant water colors and they thought they were really fun! With 23 grandkids - it just seemed like a good investment and it might last for a while. Soon Tom will be painting with his grandma... Water coloring is something that happens at grandma's house. I love to paint myself and capture these happy times! A painting I did with Joy when they were here on Saturday - mom and dad were at their big sister, Mary's. swim meet.
My inspiration for my painting! Now I long to do one of Jude and Birdie, too.
A cute one of kitten snuggles in the chair in front of the open door in my bedroom. Special because it is one of two matching chairs from my mother's study. It is like getting a hug from her when I do my time of prayer in my prayer space.
The perfect shot only took me about 10 to capture. Both looking and smiling... I enjoyed putting my chair in the open doorway to outside with the yellow leaves behind. Today they are falling off the trees and soon it will bare trees of winter coming.
With the purry cat we adopted. How he loves to be in the house and close to the kids - almost too close!
2 year old granddaughter, Birdie Barbara, my namesake with kitten and bunny.The ringing of the bell from Pat's mother. Jude never met her in the world, but I know that she is watching over her many great grandchildren from heaven as much as she adored little ones - really all her grandchildren and greats knew of her wonderful LOVE for them!
The kitty eventually ran away from the loud ringing.
Grandma trying to blog yesterday was not happening with so much LIFE all around me. We had to go and paint instead and that gives us all a lot of joy!
The Gospel today is the parable about the farmer that builds the big barns to put his crop in and then he will "rest, eat, drink and be merry." Not so! His life here came to an end and his treasure was here and not in heaven! How I love to be blessed each day with the showering of graces and blessings from heaven in all that we are given by our beloved Church, Jesus in Word and Sacrament, Mary and all the Saints! Today St Ignatius of Antioch! The final words of the Gospel are ringing like grandma's bell...
But God said to him,
‘You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you;
and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?’
Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself
but is not rich in what matters to God.” Luke 12
A cute moment to capture...
Cheesy grins - they were literally saying "Cheeeeeese."
I was using a show after the pictures to get them to give grandma these gifts of special pictures!
A picture of LIFE - not too sure about this kitty sharing the chair with the 2 of them.
So powerful! My inner temple becomes full of peace when I take up my beads and pray through Mary to Jesus! Thomas A'Kempis was huge for me as a new Catholic at age 20 - 50 years ago when my father and mother brought our family into The Catholic Church - all 13 of us!
‘You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you;
and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?’
Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself
but is not rich in what matters to God.” Luke 12
A cute moment to capture...
Cheesy grins - they were literally saying "Cheeeeeese."
I was using a show after the pictures to get them to give grandma these gifts of special pictures!
A picture of LIFE - not too sure about this kitty sharing the chair with the 2 of them.
So powerful! My inner temple becomes full of peace when I take up my beads and pray through Mary to Jesus! Thomas A'Kempis was huge for me as a new Catholic at age 20 - 50 years ago when my father and mother brought our family into The Catholic Church - all 13 of us!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!
I borrowed this! I could never paint this well, but this just makes me smile with delight! I love to have inspiration like this!
Such a picture of beauty! How I pray, O Lord, that each of my 23 grandchildren may discover the Truth and embrace their Faith as their own! The greatest gift of all and makes us "rich in what matters to God!" Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
The sunset last night was so beautiful and the golden leaves were a golden crown on Mary! How I recall watching the sunset from the supper table as dad and I shared evening prayer 2 years ago. Dad lived his last 6 months here on hospice and died on October 23rd, 2022! Such a blessing to share in his religious life as a Permanent Deacon in the Catholic Church for 44 years!
Mary is my companion through my days - Bless-bless, Barbara and the 54 - 34 here and 20 in heaven including my parents, who died 7 months apart 2 years ago after being together for 70 years of matrimony!
From dad today in the Office of Readings - any time it speaks of weeping I take it very personally as I weep freely happy or sad in all that comes my ways. My family says - "So what else is new" when I say that I cried about something.
Tom with Pat's apple
Pat's walkie talkie...
A beautiful framed picture - we are just days away from being done with our harvest, and lots of other work to follow.
I borrowed this! I could never paint this well, but this just makes me smile with delight! I love to have inspiration like this!
Such a picture of beauty! How I pray, O Lord, that each of my 23 grandchildren may discover the Truth and embrace their Faith as their own! The greatest gift of all and makes us "rich in what matters to God!" Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
The sunset last night was so beautiful and the golden leaves were a golden crown on Mary! How I recall watching the sunset from the supper table as dad and I shared evening prayer 2 years ago. Dad lived his last 6 months here on hospice and died on October 23rd, 2022! Such a blessing to share in his religious life as a Permanent Deacon in the Catholic Church for 44 years!
Mary is my companion through my days - Bless-bless, Barbara and the 54 - 34 here and 20 in heaven including my parents, who died 7 months apart 2 years ago after being together for 70 years of matrimony!
From dad today in the Office of Readings - any time it speaks of weeping I take it very personally as I weep freely happy or sad in all that comes my ways. My family says - "So what else is new" when I say that I cried about something.
Tom with Pat's apple
Pat's walkie talkie...
A beautiful framed picture - we are just days away from being done with our harvest, and lots of other work to follow.
Danielle Rose amazes!
Francesca Batistelli
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment