Pat and I are off to work the TEC retreat in Bird Island for the weekend - directing for the first time! WE had planned to direct two years ago, but John's brain cancer intervened. Now we are overjoyed to have John working with us, and sharing his cancer journey in the Christian Life talk! I will be a river of tears and my hands will be raised in praise and joy within my heart, as my rosary passes through my fingers.
![]()
My time to write needs to be short and to the point today as I have much to do so that we can leave and not look back for 3 days... Thankfully the mowing got done last evening and now packing and working on my talk. I am giving the God the Community of Love talk and get to share the relationship I have with each member of the Trinity and how they have surrounded me with LOVE! Most recently I am filled with wonder at the healing of my precious son... I have the radio on loudly in the background to hear John talk on our local station about being co-chair of the Feat at the Fairgrounds - local relay for Life tonight at 7p...The Holy Spirit dwelt with us and brought us all the fruits of the Spirit as we found peace and strength to face all that came our way - supported by the "prayer warriors" in the thousands that lifted us into the presence of Christ as the paralytic was lowered through the roof to be healed by Christ - "Pick up your mat and walk!" And he did! Now two years later we never take life for granted again!
![]()
How we pray for the strength to put the other first, and if we are able to do that there will be peace and harmony. That is so hard to do when you are short on sleep and with all the stresses that come with the weekend. We have prayed the 3rd luminous mystery for TEC... the proclamation of the Kingdom - the Sermon on the Mount - that we may all encounter Jesus in HIS WORD and Sacraments!
![]()
This was taken at a TEC retreat a few years back, and I hope and pray that it will be the picture of our love after working the next 3 days together! Jesus and your wonderful Mother of the Universe, Mary most Holy... we fall on our knees before you and place our unworthy body, minds and spirits into your hands - come Holy Spirit and use us to your honor and glory! Jesus, we trust in you! Amen and Halleluia!
Bless-bless, Barb the humble and fervent
Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment