Life has intervened in the reality of the real world - out to help move cows and watch for heat in the Heat of summer... John is gone to work at a local insurance agency, and so I am the one to help. He looked very professional in suit and tie as he left for a 7a appointment. He had dressed up last evening for mass... much more than most anyone - a shirt, tie and dress pants. His dad joined him, so I was there with two good looking and well dressed guys. Fr mentioned that there must be a special occassion - yes, coming to see Jesus!
Now the 3 grandkids are here as their parents also had an appointment with John - reaching out to those the closest to him to help get this intership off to a friendly start. Makes perfect sense to me. I am famous for hanging up on people calling to sell me anything...
Our life is now thankfully pretty much past planting, but as soon as the crop is in the ground the rock picking is a constant concern to get done and also we still are watching and breeding cows... Then the haying will start and so it goes from one thing to the other as long as the good weather is here for things to grow.
The day is already getting hot, and I followed the cows and calves down a grove of trees at the edge of the field that surrounds our house on 2 sides... I noticed a cow stop to let it's calf nurse in the shade and the lighting was spectacular as was the sight of the large healthy calf nursing milk from its mother. Such a peaceful and heart warming sight to behold as I sweated and swatted at gnats. The shade was a welcome place to stand and watch from for me too! And I thanked God for the beauty of his universe and all that he has created in all of his wisdom and love and knowledge of how the mothers should nourish and care for their young. The bond is a beautiful sight to behold and having just observed Nancy with Gus - I rejoice to know that she has now experienced the joy of motherhood and how we snuggle and feed our newly born child.
"The Lord said: 'I will not leave you orphans. I will come back to you, and your hearts will rejoice, alleluia." John 14:18; John 16:22 Come Holy Spirit and fill us with your Light and Love!
Unwinding after getting off work - lose the shirt, and the tie and dress pants still there... hanging out with Gus and Aunts Ruth and Maria.
I snapped one when he got home from work on Monday and before he headed back to the other half of his job at the Cities.. He is so proud of this tie... he always has had a love afair with suits and jazzy ties from his many years of speach competition!
No comments:
Post a Comment