The huge horrific wind two days ago knocked out our internet, so I find myself in visiting family at my mother in laws and taking a few minutes to write... I arrived home to take my daughter, Maria, and her two children under my wing - much like a mother bird with her brood tucked under there for support and safety! So many deep hurts and emotions from my childbearing years - what I call the worst and the best years of my life - are leading me into a constant state of prayer!

A call from a friend today to ask for prayers for her son and daughter in law with a high risk pregnancy - we discussed how we are blessed when we are weak and worried, because that is when Jesus comes to us and we turn to Him and need him. How often I have been reminded of that in the last week! Talking to Nancy today - she reminded me that this is Gus's 1 week birthday today, and what an amazing week it has been and it is far from coming to an end... Maria continues to stay with us as she shouldn't be traveling with the uncertainty of her pregnancy. So we celebrate every day that she is able to spend with us! We had a celebratory meal this morning with all the cousins minus newborn,Gus, just to enjoy each other for the window that we are given...

Maria found a tent that they got for a wedding gift down in their things and enjoyed putting it up in the yard so that the kids could play "duck-duck-goose" without the bother of bugs and grass clippings. It was great fun for one and all! So please keep my Maria and her small baby in your prayers as they go in at 9a on Friday morning for an ultrasound and discover if that little life is still there. I stopped at the cemetary yesterday and spent some time with Maria's siblings that are buried there... Christopher, Thomas, Joseph, William, Robert and Mary... I know that you are especially watching out for your sister this difficult time as we trust and wait and hope.


Sweet Jesus, how I am weak and need you as I try so desperately to protect my chicks that are now full grown and having their own... I so want to protect them from going through the pain that I had to experience - yet I would change nothing of the years and the life that I have here with me as well as heaven. If this little one is to join you now, we will understand and always know that he was a life with that little perfect heart beat that we saw just a few days ago! Life is a gift for no matter how short, but we continue to hope and to pray! Thank you for wise and wonderful prolife doctors and for the wisdom that they have given us to help us as we face the unknown... knowing that we are allowed to dwell in the shelter of your wings! Jesus, we trust in you! Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb the humble and weak
How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humaity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight. Psalm 36:7-8
Lord, my heart is not proud;
my eyes are not haughty.
I don’t concern myself with matters too great
or too awesome for me to grasp.
Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel, put your hope in the Lord—
now and always. Psalm 131 (emphasis added)
May God provide the increase!
No comments:
Post a Comment