Monday, July 27, 2015

Being there in the Spirit!


This picture is so appropriate to start today... John being anointed by Fr Craig just hours before his biopsy in Rochester a 6 years ago!

The thought to jump in with John and Fr Craig, of course, crossed my mind and heart, but I knew that it was not to be now.  I have been so greatly blessed and surprised by the calls I have received here and there from John during his stay with our wonderful Community of the Lamb!   It seems that most days there he will have some time alone in his room and will call and share, and ask for prayers and guidance from his old mom... as a result I feel very much like I have been allowed to share in their time there in a very deep spiritual - Holy Spirit - way!

Since I am not there snapping pictures with John and Father... I am using these wonderful ones I have used many times before!  This one is when Susan/now Little Sister Hallel saw John for the first time less than a month after his biopsy.  He was still unable to walk on his own, and needed this walker to get around unless he had a sister under each arm or his dad....

I am a river of tears!!!  Out of curiosity I just checked to see the date of John's anointing and biopsy as I knew it had to be around this time... it was this exact day 6 years ago!!!!  I am overwhelmed that John is with The Community of the Lamb and with Father Craig and also that he was given so many graces in being able to give the talk of his life last evening to a retreat they were holding at the Little Monastery - Lumen Christi!  I get reprimanded by my family for holding onto the past and dates and when things happen/anniversaries of deeply powerful occasions in our family - but for Our Lady to get John to Kansas City with Father Craig on this exact day... July 27th, 2009... is just too amazing!

http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html  Yes, I have a page you can go to for the entire story of these times, and that is where I am borrowing these pictures today.  But this is not a repeat of the story!!  This is graces that are springing from it and are alive and well and full of HOPE and full of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!

A few days into their visit there - after John had shared about melting in the heat walking to the soup kitchen, and the fact that they have air conditioning in their quarters, while the Little Sisters don't.  John informed me that they would be staying an extra day and returning on Monday.  With this change the little Sisters asked John to speak at a retreat they were holding on Sunday night with some young people!  It was so amazing to realize that he would have this opportunity to share his story, which he burns to share from the rooftops, in the midst of our wonderful Community of the Lamb and with Father Craig, who has been so huge for John over the last 6 years!  John, his dad, and I were all totally excited that John would have this out-of-this-world opportunity!

Yes, Father Craig took John into the healing baths of Lourdes just a month after his biopsy... was he healed and running around on his two legs?  No, but he fell madly in love with Our Lady, and his Faith grew and continues to this day!

John has been calling to prepare for this talk last night, and so I have been a part of the process of his listening to the Holy Spirit in Adoration and mass each day directing his heart and thoughts and words last evening.  He has reported that;
" It was the most powerful talk I've ever given. People laughing, crying,and loving the lord.

Thank you for the prayers. I am so blessed to have so many people I can call on. GOD BLESS all of you."


I know that his sharing focused on much more of the life-changing aspect of this journey for himself in finding Faith and also for others!  To have Father Craig and the Community there and to share how they touched him and were instrumental in His finding The Truth/LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/Jesus and His Bride, The Church... such a gift and so many graces were showered upon John, those there present, and his mother from afar but there in Spirit!
 Pat and I out checking on the cows last night... This was something we shared with our family over the years, and a special time together.

Jesus, I am overwhelmed by your LOVE and care for our every needs.  How can you arrange for this to happen for John on the exact time of his anniversary?   John has been touched by You in such a special way to be able to share The power of Faith/The Kingdom of God here on earth with those that have touched and ministered to him for you here on earth.  May our Faith continue to grow from that tiniest of seeds to a great plant with birds finding rest in it's branches!  Jesus, we trust in you.  You certainly care for your lost sheep!  Amen and Hallelujah
 A cute pair - I think you can tell mother and son...Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
I had time waiting for the fence to be checked so got a bit artsy with the wild flowers around me.  I don't know that this one is, but the purple spires are pretty here and there.

 From underneath with the beautiful panorama of the clouds and blue sky overhead
 A single clover in the setting sunlight...
 
 Silhouettes on the hillside is one of my favorite sights in the evening.
 Pat was sweet and stopped so that I could pick some black eyed Susans - so special  to have this time together and this reminder of my sweet Sue/Little Sister Hallel!
 The crops look nice - thank you, Lord, for the 3/4 inch of rain!  Pat and I did a decade of the rosary coming home from the Cities and driving in the rain towards our home... answered prayers and now looking like more rain - Yes, please, Lord!
A sight to warm my heart! 

Therese sewing a blanket for her doll!

With brother David and some snuggles...

I just got an amazing footnote to John's talk in KC as he is traveling back and I got a chance to talk to him for the first time since giving it!  "In the midst of my talk a couple walked in, who have a daughter who has a rare form of brain cancer!  They had never been to the chapel before and were coming to pray there.  After my sharing we gathered around them and prayed over them.  We were all weeping and the graces were flowing around us like a river!  The mother had never had any faith in her life and we hugged so tight and prayed so hard - I just about lost it!  It was so amazing and powerful.  They had their two sons with them, but the girl was at home asleep as she is only 6 years old.  This morning Father Craig and I blessed some holy water and added Lourdes water and took it over to their house... I met her and it was amazing!"  Wow!  I am on cloud 9 with the working of the Holy Spirit and the continuing saga and journey of John's healing and finding Faith and then sharing that with the world without ceasing!
George Harrison - My sweet Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment