One of the first songs was one by Natalie Grant written to her nephew who is a drug addict... I was wiping tears at the words of encouragement to him and to all those that find themselves at a place of uncertainty in their journey. Burn Bright!!!!
In the midst of an hard and emotional confrontation with the Disciples today in the Gospel... Jesus puts the heart of Faith there in black and white... whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever will find his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:34- 11:1
Like flames - the squash blossoms were a sight of great beauty reminding me of God's love for us and all creation as I was out picking my garden trying to beat the heat this morning.
Sitting next to John and listening to him share his life-changing story yesterday - the words of Burn Bright really validated the Truth that John is called to be a LIGHT and a fire to lead others to Jesus and His Bride, The Church. And that there is a plan - we are confident and Trust always.
Feeling the winds of the Holy Spirit in the cooling comfortable time sitting in the yard of the Dauers - Nick and Crystal...under the shade of their big wonderful shade trees, and my feet in their grass and no bugs! It was an event smiled upon, and The Holy Spirit was at work...answering the many prayers of those responsible for calling us together to share our Faith!
I was so caught up in his talk and timing it to be sure that he didn't go over his time... that I took no pictures of him sharing or taping it. It was meant to be in my heart this day, and to know that he is touching others with his story of finding Faith through brain cancer. http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html The page I devoted to John's story.

Six years ago being anointed by Fr Craig Timmerman just before his brain biopsy which diagnosed his cancer yet left him with left sided ataxia... unable to even go to the bathroom alone!
A huge theme in the sharing yesterday... Prayer is our lifeline/love communication between us and God and is as each breath that we take and each beat of our hearts to help us each day of our journey! I remembered this story from John's cancer - The Grocery Store Girl!
As the family was all around John - I took a day away to make FOOD! I just needed a down day to make some home-
cooked food for the family, and get some mental health time. I ended up at a big Cub Food store that was nearby. As I slowly walked the aisles picking out what I needed... I got in line of a black checkout woman about my age. She asked me the usual - "How are you doing?" I just couldn't say the usual "fine." I said - "Not that good." "You at least have money for food." she says, "unlike that guy ahead of you." she points to a black man bagging his own groceries that has just paid with food stamps. "That's true," I say, "but my 20 year old son has brain cancer! Could you please pray for him?" She looks shocked at me and slightly nods her head. At that exact moment a young girl in the next lane says - "Are you from Marshall? I think I went to school with some of your girls. Did you say that your son has brain cancer? Can I pray for you right here and now?" I was shocked and nodded my head in astonishment by it all. She bowed her head, and said a simple short prayer asking for John to be healed and protected as well as his family. I looked up to see the checkout lady and the man bagging his groceries also bowing their heads in prayer - united in prayer! That changed me! I might have lost a bit of my fire since. But for a long time after this happened I would pray in the street, on the phone, in an email - I would no longer say that I was going to pray for someone - I would do it right then and there! I call this the Grocery Store girl, and she started me into a virtual prayer warrior! I was reminded of this the other night - John and I were talking on the phone, and we were talking about my working the overnight shift at the nursing home that night. This is a hard task for me, and John knows it. He said that he would pray for me, and immediatly launched into a wonderful sweet prayer asking Jesus to go with me and to use me! I thought of my grocery store girl, and smiled all the way to work and many times during the night remember the blessings that we have received. Just yesterday I called a special friend/daughter that is struggling with her faith, and we prayed on the phone! Such a powerful connection! Prayer is something REAL and powerful!!! We certainly have discovered that on this journey!

John walking with the help of his dad after the biopsy.
Jesus, how we long to shine brightly in our lives as the Holy Spirit dwells in us as we die to self so that you may live in us! Humble is not easy and we struggle with getting our pride and selfishness out of the way so that we are totally yours! How we need you, O Lord, as life is more than we can control or handle. You, O Jesus, are in control in the midst of the storms of LIFE! Prayer is what gets us through. How John was touched by the week of prayer - all 168 hours around the clock when he faced the only treatment left to save him... whole brain radiation! He was filled with Peace and Hope and great LOVE to know of all the prayers lowering him into the presence of Jesus by his friends to be healed - "Rise, take up your mat, and walk!" Yes, Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah

John and Susan/Little Sister Hallel see each other for the first time when we suddenly arrive in France after John's second chemo! Such a miracle!

Little Sister Hallel with her loving family around her August 2009 on the vigil of the feast of the Queenship of Mary! (Hallel is the first part of Hallelujah and when we say it we are giving God the highest praise!) Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Fresh out of the baths in Lourdes - "I asked them to pour water over my head because that is where I need the healing." The beads of water still in his hair - now gone due to whole brain radiation. But yesterday he expressed his feeling of being "held in the arms of Our Lady... much like those icons where she has the infant Jesus in her arms." He fell head over heels in love with Mary there!

Talk about a lesson in humility!

Keep our eyes on heaven with those that have gone ahead of us!
Danielle Rose - the Litany of Humility
My bunch, who I miss. Bless-bless

No comments:
Post a Comment