Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"Childlike" ponderings...

 Pondering childlike... having to have the diapers soiled changed... Yes, Lord, I need to be cleaned and changed!
 Needing to be fed... Yes, Lord,  I need to come to your table and be fed by you as much as I can.  I am so hungry for the Real Food of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
 Needing to be carried and led by the hand when I am starting to walk... Yes, Lord, I need to go down your path carrying my cross and dying to self so that you may live.  Right now I feel so hurt and broken by my sinfulness that I feel I need you to take me into your loving and forgiving arms and carried.
 Childlike means that I am taught right from wrong and things are taken away from me when they are not mine or not for me!  I need tough love and to be disciplined as a loving parent should.  Yes, Lord, I need this and it hurts to be humbled and shown that I am wrong but it is good for my eternal soul.
 Childlike means that I am meek and lowly and I might throw a temper tantrum but I am taught that this is not acceptable.  Yes, Lord, there is never  reason to be rude and condescending to others and think that I am the center of the universe.  You are my all in all, and I long to be humbled even though it hurts to see my Truth!
 Childlike is having to learn to share and wait for what I think I need or want.  Patience is difficult to live out.  Yes, Lord, I need to do better with this and I need to give it up to prayer daily...even when I am busy with life to keep my inner chapel lined with prayer and find the Fruits to be good and not bad.
 Childlike is coming down off my high horse and finding the donkey just fine to ride and even full and friendly and non-threatening.  Yes, Lord, I need to be small and weak and not care for what I want but what you want for me in my life.
 Childlike is answering to those around me with cheerfulness and being agreeable to their demands of me... serving without counting the cost. 
 Jesus, may I be more childlike in my life/home/domestic Church/family.  May I allow you to clean up my messes and set me on my feet and take my hand and feed me of Your LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT/Blody and Blood, so that you may dwell in me and nourish me and I may go forth to love and to serve without counting the cost.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Bless-bless, Barbara Luke  I give praise to your, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Matthew 11 - the Gospel for today
Thank you, Lord for the rains and the resulting wonderful crops this year!  "Rain makes grain."  Pat Verly
Natalie Grant - Burn Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment