Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pictures for the fair... on second thought/devotion to Mary is a need of the heart

 4 pictures same theme - girls chasing a pig in boots and dress...

On second thought I did not use these 4.  Rather I used this one as my humorous picture for open class at the fair today.  I think it is adorably funny, and I found the nativity ones to use for my 4 pictures same theme. 
I am sitting at the fair registering fine arts projects on this glorious day.  Reveling in the knowledge that today in The Church we celebrate the Dedication of Saint Mary Major in Rome...  "In regard to Marian devotion, each of us must understand that such devotion not only addresses a need of the heart.... but... it also corresponds to the objective truth about the Mother of God... The Mother of God is the Mother of the Church."  St John Paul II 

I certainly find that my Spiritual Mother cares for the needs of my heart.  As soon as I get in the car to go somewhere on my chapel on wheels - I have my rosary in my hand.  After lunch I try to find time to pray and I am now up to 10 decades a day.  5 of the day for my 5 children, and then the other 5 - one is for Pat and I, one for my Godchildren, one for my family, one for Pat's family, and finally one for the needs of my precious and beloved Catholic Church.  Mary listens and brings them to her Son, and holds me and those in my prayers close to her Immaculate Heart.
I wasn't going to enter this year, but... on second thought.  Thanks Janelle for giving me some fire!

I am sure that in this long day at the fair... I will find my rosary and my internal prayer space will be occupied and the needs of my heart will rise like incense to Jesus.
Color children?

I did enter this one in black and white....
Color other... I did not enter this one... too many to choose from as is my usual problem.
Color children? 

I have so many children pictures to choose from, and that is a blessing to me.  It speaks of all the LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT that surrounds me and fills my days with great JOY!
 Action in the sweetest form!
Color people - I opted to not use this one.  I love it though and the feeling it emotes... I am huge into showing feelings and emotions in my pictures.
 Kansas City with the Community possibilities, and I did use this one for color people.  The Best!!!  I can hear the bells ringing in Christ has risen and lives in our hearts, minds, souls and spirits!
 Color other...  I love this one and the looks we receive when we go underwear shopping at Walmart!  We have a tradition of getting undies for the Community.  Those blue socks are hard to find just the right color.  I got her some low ankle socks and heard that they showed too much of her ankle.  I am learning as I go.  Having a daughter praying each day for me and our family is so wonderful!
Color other...
Yes!  I did use this one!  It speaks so powerfully of PRAYER!  In the incense rising on the altar is Jesus in the simple wooden monstrance!  The simple beauty of flowers and icons and Jesus and women on their knees before their Spouse/Jesus Christ!  Such BEAUTY - out of this world!

The Gospel reminds us that we never stop asking and looking to Jesus.. yes, we are unworthy, but that is what brings us to our knees before HIM!  "Lord, help me."  Matthew 15:21-28
Black and white children... How could I not use this one?  I had to!  I love that Dominic is looking at me, and then the others are looking here and there as children do. 
Black and white people... yes, this one too!
Color other... I passed on this one, but it is so great.  I love my husbands big hands and did use them in this one...
This is my color children entry!  So in love with those huge hands holding 3 smiling new grandsons together for the first time at Cross Christmas Camp!
These were my 4 pictures same theme, and they are my heart!
Romeo was a dreamy precious Jesus beyond amazing!
Baby Jesus was portrayed so perfectly by sweet 3 month old Romeo!
The varying faces of the others makes them each so great!
The love and awe are perfectly shared here by Simon and Mary for sweet baby Jesus/Romeo
How can I forget these?????  I am so grateful that I was able to share some of my mission to raise LIGHTS for the world and to pray without ceasing for my family, needs of the world, and my beloved Catholic Church though my photos this year.  I was not going to, but I did last minute and I am happy to share my life in pictures.

Jesus, I am filled with JOY at the visual reminder of how blessed my life is here on the farm surrounded by family, and to have a daughter, who is a contemplative nun, and to have this wonderful outlet here on this blog to share some of those wonderful moments I have been given filled with Faith/Family/Farm!  "Lord, help me."  I do need you to touch and heal me and those that ask of my prayers.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Therese with her wonderful new curtains going into her closet/bedroom.  Talk about a shining LIGHT!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
With Patrick the squinty smiler...
I am not really caring if I do well or not with my pictures as they stack up against some that have beautiful cameras... I am just happy to share my message that we need to be open to LIFE and raise LIGHTS for this world of darkness/sin/death.  We need to promote a culture of LIFE!
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/why-my-support-for-abortion-was-based-on-loveand-lies  This is a heart rendering article by a person, who looked at being pro-choice like much of the world does, and now through her conversion to The Catholic Church sees The Truth!  It was so interesting to read and understand how the lies have led people into darkness!  Please take the time to read this wonderful explanation of what we are up against being PRO- LIFE with every fiber of our being!

"For the sake of the sorrowful passion have mercy on us and on the whole world."

Thank you St Pio... I needed this reminder. 
Tenth Avenue North - you are more

No comments:

Post a Comment